U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,205,272 times

Advertisements

Swarms of insects? Haven't seen it in Spring Hill and I sit on my deck overlooking my pond every evening. My cats are expert snake hunters and they havent brought home any recently. True that snakes do like dry ground. Wet ground can give them skin infections and fungus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, please. Florida, like any other state, has its good and bad points, but anyone who writes Florida has no snakes or bugs has no credibility IMHO. Out of curiosity, I just Googled a few words like "Florida" and "bugs." The first link was this recent news article:

Mosquitoes plague Florida counties

"Florida officials say a late-starting mosquito season has turned into one of the worst they can remember, with swarms of the insects plaguing neighborhoods."

Oh, just in case I've been living in a bubble in Florida for over 17 years, I decided to add another Google search. This time I typed "Florida" and "snakes." Here's a news report from last week.

Snakes-slithering-into-southwest-Florida

"The location is odd for sure, but calls for snakes are not. Flavelle says he's noticed an increase in snake calls the last couple of weeks.

Experts say the snakes are looking for higher, drier ground."

Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 AM

For some the "newness" never wears off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Just wait til you have been here awhile and the newness wears off.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:15 AM

23,440 posts, read 31,635,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Swarms of insects? Haven't seen it in Spring Hill and I sit on my deck overlooking my pond every evening. My cats are expert snake hunters and they havent brought home any recently. True that snakes do like dry ground. Wet ground can give them skin infections and fungus.
The mosquitoes are pretty awful right now, we cant sit out on our dock and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening anymore, and wont be able to til the first frost.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:37 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,392,230 times
Quote:
Just wait til you have been here awhile and the newness wears off.

Again you post yet another negative. Like I said before are you negative about everything?

The newness will never wear, if it begins to we will just move to another area in Florida and the newness will start all over again.

Why are you still in Florida if it is so bad? Why be so unhappy and miserable since 1989?

No mosquitoes in our caged pool thus far. We were swimming at midnight last night with no problems.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,392,230 times
Quote:
For some the "newness" never wears off.

Thank you.

For some, the majority, it will never wear off if you are happy and active.

If you are unhappy and not very active you get bored and become upset and take a great positive thread and find a way to push in the negatives into it.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Again you post yet another negative. Like I said before are you negative about everything?

The newness will never wear, if it begins to we will just move to another area in Florida and the newness will start all over again.

Why are you still in Florida if it is so bad? Why be so unhappy and miserable since 1989?

No mosquitoes in our caged pool thus far. We were swimming at midnight last night with no problems.
I think perhaps you might have negativity confused with reality.
For the record, I have never said I was miserable or unhappy, why are you attempting to put words in my mouth?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 PM

130 posts, read 365,981 times
Quote:

Sounds beautiful. What a dream to enjoy.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:03 PM

Bummer. I would bet that mosquitoes would be found right along the water or close to a big pond of any kind. That's where they breed.
But without being right on water, I have no problem with them.
Ants. Now those are another story.

Quote:
The mosquitoes are pretty awful right now, we cant sit out on our dock and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening anymore, and wont be able to til the first frost.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:05 PM

Certainly.

Quote:
Thank you.

For some, the majority, it will never wear off if you are happy and active.

If you are unhappy and not very active you get bored and become upset and take a great positive thread and find a way to push in the negatives into it.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Bummer. I would bet that mosquitoes would be found right along the water or close to a big pond of any kind. That's where they breed.
But without being right on water, I have no problem with them.
Ants. Now those are another story.
Dont even wanna talk about them, they have been attempting an armed coup of the house all summer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or