Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 03:18 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FringedNFab View Post
Any moderator should be able to see where someones IP is posting from and could clear up anyone who may be lying on a message board.
Its even easier just download one of the many online Ip Locator programs and you imediately see where any one is posting from.. Google

Old 09-17-2011, 03:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
I am asking that a MOD here please put an end to this sillyness by confirming and posting my IP is in fact in the Orlando, Fl area.

Certain posters here are using this as a tool to bait and attack.

Maybe we can just put an end to the attacks by a MOD posting that the IP is located in the Orlando area.

Then maybe those certain posters will just go away from being proven wrong once again.

I have found the mods have access to this information.

MODERATORS

PLEASE POST MY IP LOCATION

Old 09-17-2011, 04:59 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,170,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Lay down next to a fire ant mound for a few hours you will experience man eating bugs.....
Reminds me of the Only in America show with our native Larry the cable guy when they visited the Daytona Police department. Larry told his producer to go hide and they would use one of the tracking dogs to find him.....The guy hides in the woods, the dog finds him, and when Larry and the officer are talking, Larry notices his producer jumping around and slapping his legs. ... He hid right in the middle of a fire ant hill for about 5 minutes.....Larry was cracking up as he told America what was happening.The producer had no knowledge of our biting stinging ants. Funny show that night. Living in Florida you have to have a sense of humor. If people here don't tease you, then people from every where else will try out their Florida jokes on you.... We just grin and bear it.

I remember writing my mom, the first month after I moved here stating I needed 3 hands.....one to hold the sun tan lotion, one to hold the bug(mosquito) spray, and one to hold the umbrella. I moved the end of July 1976....it rained every afternoon, the mosquitos loved having my "Chicago" blood to drink - my legs were covered with bites by the first weekend, and I got sun poisoning from working on my tan/sunburn whenever I wasn't at work. LOL But I still loved it.....still do...... BTW I also met the man I married that first week.... <VBG>

Last edited by Rabflmom; 09-17-2011 at 05:16 PM..

Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I am asking that a MOD here please put an end to this sillyness by confirming and posting my IP is in fact in the Orlando, Fl area.

Certain posters here are using this as a tool to bait and attack.

Maybe we can just put an end to the attacks by a MOD posting that the IP is located in the Orlando area.

Then maybe those certain posters will just go away from being proven wrong once again.

I have found the mods have access to this information.

MODERATORS

PLEASE POST MY IP LOCATION
Not really into all this ip stuff as i dont care where you are but you are the one who started labeling some of us as haters and bashers for having the audacity to mention some minor negatives we find about our experience with Florida.Calling people those kinds of names isnt going to win you any friendship contests and may even get some of us to dislike you and become somewhat combative, i;d say its the price you pay for disrespecting other peoples opinions.
So I'm a hater and a basher merely because i dont like the heat and humidity in Florida?
Wouldnt calling us Haters and Bashers be considered a personal attack?

Old 09-17-2011, 05:55 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,314 times
Folks,
I am no "CSI-type" internet sleuth, but doing a simple IP check that anyone here can do the current IP address for Sunny comes up to a central Florida city.

The first posts prior to any moving came from a northern state.....consistent with what was posted.

Everyone has their own story, their own views of life and region, etc. We need to respect ALL posters viewpoints. Florida can be great for some, hard for others.

Basically let's live and let live. If you do not like this thread, ignore it. If you enjoy it, fine. If your personal view is negative, then again, ignore it.

Bottom line is that when it comes to the internet, how does one know anything for sure? Approach every post like that, embrace some posts, ignore others and all is good......

Frank

Old 09-17-2011, 10:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Not really into all this ip stuff as i dont care where you are but you are the one who started labeling some of us as haters and bashers for having the audacity to mention some minor negatives we find about our experience with Florida.Calling people those kinds of names isnt going to win you any friendship contests and may even get some of us to dislike you and become somewhat combative, i;d say its the price you pay for disrespecting other peoples opinions.
So I'm a hater and a basher merely because i dont like the heat and humidity in Florida?
Wouldnt calling us Haters and Bashers be considered a personal attack?
Exactly. And I have a messy house because I had the nerve to question the no bugs comments.

Ummmm, every once in awhile a palmetto bug gets in the house, I don't care how clean you are.

But I was talking about all the bugs you see outside(like the love bugs which are back again)

Because it is impossible not to see bugs and spiders here if you step outside.

And I got attacked for that.

But Sunny told Ken E(who has always been very nice to Sunny) to get off the thread when he suggested as others have that perhaps it is time for a blog. So everyone is attacked who has a different viewpoint.

And the overuse of the word "hater", are we teenagers discussing American Idol...how childish.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:12 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly. And I have a messy house because I had the nerve to question the no bugs comments.

Ummmm, every once in awhile a palmetto bug gets in the house, I don't care how clean you are.

But I was talking about all the bugs you see outside(like the love bugs which are back again)

Because it is impossible not to see bugs and spiders here if you step outside.

And I got attacked for that.

But Sunny told Ken E(who has always been very nice to Sunny) to get off the thread when he suggested as others have that perhaps it is time for a blog. So everyone is attacked who has a different viewpoint.

And the overuse of the word "hater", are we teenagers discussing American Idol...how childish.

You are one of those who questioned me at every point including the location. Now that I have proven you and a few others wrong what do you have to say?

Nothing childish about defending myself from those who constantly attack my every post.

I know you dislike Florida and have said so many times.

Can you honestly say you like Florida or do you hate-dislike Florida?

No one is attacked at all. When someone questions my every post like a child then I always defend myself.

What is the difference in those who hate Florida and I call it as I know it for a fact then someone constantly attacking my every post to find out all along those attackers used my location as a tool only to find out they were WRONG.

Why post in a thread like this? You are not forced to do so?

You at every chance you get attack me and was one of those who questioned my location. Now that you know my location is in Florida what do you have to say for yourself.

Now the subject is my experiences and the information I can pass on to others. I get a numerous amount of pms who tell me they learned something and enjoy my post.

Why not just not read my post and let it go. You dislike Florida so much that you find a way to always get into any positive about Florida by attacking or posting a negative.

Sorry, but I am the one who gets attacked by a certain small group and when I defend myself the gang comes out of the wood work like clockwork.

Now, for the facts. I was told not to come here, read how bad it was here and read that Florida was just a horrible place to live.

I am finding out the majority of that information was outright lies and misinformation.

I have not ran into or seen some of the crap the Florida bashers have posted here.

Now you have a choice, dont read or post in my threads and dont attack my location as it has been proven many who used it as an attack tool were wrong.

Life goes on and I am enjoying myself beyond belief in Florida.

Just because you and others are not and did not does not give you the right to constantly attack every single post I have.

I am living proof that if you make all the right choices that you can come to Florida and enjoy the paradise many of us know it is.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:17 PM

360 posts, read 1,909,023 times
I belong to a couple other message boards and if I come across a topic in a thread that doesn't interest me, I simply overlook and ignore it and move on to others. It's not that hard and there's other topics to interest everyone on these things.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,454,477 times
Closing this thread as it has gone way off topic and has been discussed to death now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida