Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 PM

150 posts, read 474,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

Just a reminder of what you'll be missing Sunny
Living in an icebox? Taking snow off your car each morning, and scraping stubborn ice? Getting salt damage on the said car? Getting winter depression? Bone-chilling cold? Getting sick? Counting down the days until spring in desperation? Black ice and skidding on the freeway? Frostbite? Losing your tan?....

If I were a snow lover, you're right. I would miss it. But I'm not, so I don't. I'm sure Sunny's pretty sick of it, too.

Anyway, congrats on your move, Sunny. I hope things go well for you here in FL.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:48 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haai View Post
Living in an icebox? Taking snow off your car each morning, and scraping stubborn ice? Getting salt damage on the said car? Getting winter depression? Bone-chilling cold? Getting sick? Counting down the days until spring in desperation? Black ice and skidding on the freeway? Frostbite? Losing your tan?....

If I were a snow lover, you're right. I would miss it. But I'm not, so I don't. I'm sure Sunny's pretty sick of it, too.

That pic was a joke and i'm sure Sunny wont miss winter at all..

Old 07-06-2011, 05:57 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haai View Post

Newsflash... You DO get sick down here too, I am right now. When you cross the state line you do not get a special immunity pass.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:33 AM

564 posts, read 1,880,078 times
Congrats on the move!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Thanks everyone.

We are extremely happy to be here and have ran into some helpful and very nice people.

We have been out an about eating, shopping for cleaning supplies, groceries etc and everyone and I mean everyone has been overly nice.

We have not ran into one single rude person, one single person who was not smiling or saying hello etc.

Amazing how some posted about how the rude people would be everywhere and so far we sure have not seen that at all, actually the extreme opposite.

We hopefully will have the house done in a few days, the pool guy is coming tomorrow and we will be all set.

For those who asked we are outside the Orlando area. ( due to the crazy death threats sent to me and my family via dm from some crazy people who post in the political forum I wont post the location )

Perfect location for us. Close to Disney, close to antiques, not far from the ocean, all the cool restaurants close by.

As of today we believe we picked the perfect town, neighborhood etc.

Neighbors have already come over with offerings to help in any way.

We could not be any happier.

So far everything has clicked.

Our two main goals right now once the house is settled and things are done is to head to the ocean and of course Disney. Monday has been reserved to head to Webster for some antique shopping.

Just happy to be here and finally be a new Florida resident.

Thanks to everyone here who has always been positive and encouraging.

Hard to believe we are here and everything has worked out so well.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That pic was a joke and i'm sure Sunny wont miss winter at all..
Hey Jambo you are correct, I wont miss that a bit.

Even that picture makes me sick to my stomach.

The only sliding we will be doing in down the water rides!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaseys412 View Post
Congrats!! I cannot tell you how much I LOVED reading this post! As someone hoping to make the move myself, it's so nice to share in your excitement, and hear from others who genuinely love Florida. Please keep us posted!! :-)
Thank you.

So far everything we expected and even more.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
What part of Florida are you in ?

We could possibly be joining you by this time next year, My wife has the option to transfer her job to Tampa, quote " anytime she wants. "

Old 07-07-2011, 05:41 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Sunny,
That is so wonderful...we are probably not too far away from each other....cool! I'll be right behind you, as my retirement countdown date has come and gone...when the NY house sells we are heading south....

TxRyan, I really like the Tampa area....we have friends there whom we visit often.

Frank

Old 07-07-2011, 04:54 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
TxRyan, I really like the Tampa area....we have friends there whom we visit often.

Frank
I love Tampa, Frank.

I think it's the only place in Florida that I would relocate to. I grew up there and know it pretty well. I lived in other parts of the state but never really cared much for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida