Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times

Advertisements

Those Yankees are also fellow Americans that have every much a right to move or travel to Florida as anyone else ,they bring a lot of much needed money to the Florida economy, if they were all to go home Florida would be in a lot worse shape than it is now..
Those that feel they have some ownership of Florida because they were born there were at one time in their families lineage also coming from somewhere else."Yankees go home" i find to be a bit of an ungrateful and selfish statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 08:12 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,245,583 times
I took their advice.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:36 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,364,947 times
We made a very nice visit to Charleston a few years back up until we went to an outdoor fair and saw all the anti-yankee sentiment, t-shirts, flags, mugs! Such hatred for what happened 100+ years ago. Not to worry, Charleston, pretty as you are, you're off my mental atlas.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:24 PM

613 posts, read 759,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
We made a very nice visit to Charleston a few years back up until we went to an outdoor fair and saw all the anti-yankee sentiment, t-shirts, flags, mugs! Such hatred for what happened 100+ years ago. Not to worry, Charleston, pretty as you are, you're off my mental atlas.
The North gave the South such a beating during the Civil War they still have not recovered from it, so if you understand this you begin to understand why they are so fearful of a Northern presence.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
The North gave the South such a beating during the Civil War they still have not recovered from it, so if you understand this you begin to understand why they are so fearful of a Northern presence.
Please.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:52 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,131,970 times
im originally from connecticut and just moved to delaware 3 months ago - the reason yankees are disliked is they are rude, nasty and arrogant - they are forever in a rush why i have no idea - they drive like maniacs - most think anyone from the south is a dumb redneck and doesnt have any teeth - the northerners men as well as women dont understand why the southern men will hold the door open for a woman - the same holds true for basic manners such as please and thank you - they will never figure out why a southern man will call a woman he doesnt know miss or ma'am - they also think a southern accent makes southerners sound stupid - not me i think it sounds sexy - so if there are any single southern men out there with a southern accent and hopefully named bubba (the name bubba is nonexistent in the north) feel free to send me a dm -

Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 PM

613 posts, read 759,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Please.

Please what?

Old 02-02-2012, 07:19 PM

199 posts, read 421,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Those Yankees are also fellow Americans that have every much a right to move or travel to Florida as anyone else ,they bring a lot of much needed money to the Florida economy, if they were all to go home Florida would be in a lot worse shape than it is now..
Those that feel they have some ownership of Florida because they were born there were at one time in their families lineage also coming from somewhere else."Yankees go home" i find to be a bit of an ungrateful and selfish statement.
Tactfully put.

I'm trying to imagine the paradise Florida would be without the less-than-filth Yankees some would lead me to believe are ruining an idyllic state. It always seemed to me like a destination state, much like California, or New York had been before it. That's part of the pattern of growth around the world. To read some replies you'd think those from the Northeast are at blame for every woe the state ever faced. Would Florida be any more a destination than Southwest Georgia or Mississippi without the housing boom and migrations from the north?

Fifty years ago the population of the entire state was less than 5 million, fifty years prior the entire state could fit with room to spare in today's Louisville, Kentucky, when it was 1/25th the size it is today. At the onset of the Civil War all of Florida was smaller than today's Hollywood, Florida's population (1/135th present size). That should tell you that hardly anyone in Florida has deep roots.. roots, yes, but really you hardly need time to set these. 65 percent of today's population is born elsewhere, while several Floridians have moved elsewhere themselves. Seems rather than blame all of the things you dislike on these horrible god awful fellow Americans moving to Florida, perhaps Florida isn't really for some of you? The state's been transforming itself loooooong before you or I were ever born.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times
Northerners...making the South smarter one person at a time...

Old 02-03-2012, 05:02 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Please what?
You really need me to tell you how full of crap your post was?
Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida