Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:59 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,730,838 times

Advertisements

I had to turn on the air for the first time this year. I usually don't use it at all but the cats looked uncomfortable so I have it on set at 83 that is very comfortable for me. We also have hassock fans that recirculates the cool air at the floor level making it very comfortable. The problem is I have a sour throat today so I will have to sleep with a mask I guess. I myself hate air condition air it make me feel sick. Maybe a humidifier will help. Oh well, the cats are happy they are bouncing all over the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,380,079 times
You are a trooper, my ac as been on most the year, with the exception of a few days this winter.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:08 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,023,267 times
Up here in the north today the temps are in the low 80's with high humidity,Its almost unbearable outside, have my air conditioning set at 65
very refreshing..

Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM

114 posts, read 230,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Up here in the north today the temps are in the low 80's with high humidity,Its almost unbearable outside, have my air conditioning set at 65
very refreshing..
65???? that is just too cold you might as well move somewhere colder if you need to have the ac on that low

Old 07-12-2011, 02:31 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,040,316 times
I'm with doggiebus on this one.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,023,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklapps View Post
65???? that is just too cold you might as well move somewhere colder if you need to have the ac on that low
Kinda at the end of the road up here in Quebec, fortunately our power comes from numerous hydro electric generation plants so the cost for running air is minimal.
Yeah 65 for Floridians is a bit on the cold side but i'm one of those apparently rare people who thrives on cold weather,Florida summer or Canadian winter? for me its a no brainer bring on the cold..

Old 07-12-2011, 03:45 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,730,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
You are a trooper, my ac as been on most the year, with the exception of a few days this winter.
I hate air conditioning, I don't even like it when I am in stores. There is something about the dry cool air that is phony or something. I don't like breathing it. Like I said i am already feeling sick from it. It may be what you are accustomed. All I need is a fan moving the air and I am comfortable although there is a limit no one likes 95 degrees but 80 to 85 is very comfortable to me. I think a lot of people get addicted to air conditioning.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,731,265 times
Mine has been on since March...

Old 07-12-2011, 04:21 PM

4,972 posts, read 7,163,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Kinda at the end of the road up here in Quebec, fortunately our power comes from numerous hydro electric generation plants so the cost for running air is minimal.
Yeah 65 for Floridians is a bit on the cold side but i'm one of those apparently rare people who thrives on cold weather,Florida summer or Canadian winter? for me its a no brainer bring on the cold..
I don't even remember what 65 feels like. It sounds nice, though.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,062,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
I hate air conditioning, I don't even like it when I am in stores. There is something about the dry cool air that is phony or something. I don't like breathing it. Like I said i am already feeling sick from it. It may be what you are accustomed. All I need is a fan moving the air and I am comfortable although there is a limit no one likes 95 degrees but 80 to 85 is very comfortable to me. I think a lot of people get addicted to air conditioning.
I get sick from the A/C, too. I think it is the filter. If I keep replacing it I don't get sick. Since I've moved up here I have not had a cold in four years.

But I hate A/C in businesses. They don't keep them clean, probably, and all of those germs circulate.

Anyway, yesterday in Knoxville was almost as hot as South Florida. Our heat index was not quite as high but it got darned close. I keep the A/C at 76 and everyone in my house complains that it is too hot but my thyroid is still on the fritz.

I get a kick out of East Tennesseans. They are always too hot or too cold. If they ever lived up north or in South Florida they'd understand how silly that notion is.

It's true, though, that most people adapt to the climate and what ends up happening is although there may be days in South Florida that only get up in the 50s or 60s you will feel like you are freezing to death, after awhile. It all evens out.

The only thing is you won't have to do is shovel snow. I don't do that here, either, though. It snows a inch or so, on occasion, but it melts almost immediately. I've been up here for 6 years and don't own a shovel or gloves. It's pretty then goes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida