U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM

6,418 posts, read 9,930,898 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry if this comes off rude but most of these suggestions are wrong. The only place you will find reliable transportation in Florida is 3 places.

1. West Palm Beach
2. Orlando
3. Miami

Everywhere else has got limited public transportation and is not something anyone in Florida can live off of. West Palm and Miami are the best bets because they have alot of routes and buses and also have the Tri-Rail which you can move from city to city easily within one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 02:52 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,189,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm sorry if this comes off rude but most of these suggestions are wrong. The only place you will find reliable transportation in Florida is 3 places.

1. West Palm Beach
2. Orlando
3. Miami

Everywhere else has got limited public transportation and is not something anyone in Florida can live off of. West Palm and Miami are the best bets because they have alot of routes and buses and also have the Tri-Rail which you can move from city to city easily within one day.
It's not bad in parts of Tampa, St. Pete, and Tallahassee, either.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM

2,363 posts, read 4,410,919 times
Ehhh I'd Say Parts OF Tampa Parts of Orlando, Palm Beach County with Tri Rail or The Pinellas County Beaches.

In Orlando We have bus sysytem that extends into 5 counties. NO Not each county is covered as well as Orange but it's very easy to get to another city. W ealso have Sun-Rail coming in the next few years so right after Miami will be Orlando which I'm not too happy about because I want to move to Tampa lol

Old 03-28-2012, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 8,116 times
I forgot to mention that Amtrak is expected to run from JAX through Daytona and Port Orange on the way to Miami. Therefore, we will have an easy trip to Miami where we can jump on the tri-rail, or hop on a bus over to South Beach for the weekend.

We are also getting a new Golden Corral, in addition to the new TGI Fridays, and the other myriad of restaurants and shopping center we now have.

We walkers in Port Orange are on the beach every day at 8am, and walk forever on beautiful, hard packed sand that is great on the legs and makes for easy walking.

We have festivals all year, including the popular Family Days in March and October. We have bike paths everywhere, the weather is the best year round, with cool breezes in the summer, and warm breezes in the winter.
For the nudists, we have our own nude beach in New Smyrna, and you have a nice weekend trip to Haulover Beach in Miami,
Our medical is top notch with a new hospital and doctors everywhere.

I love Port Orange
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or