Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times

Advertisements

Agree, very dumb thread....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 07:41 PM

13 posts, read 40,297 times
Default I'm moving from Cleveland TN south towards Fla. Need info of any kind...

I'm moving from Cleveland TN south towards Fla...I use this site my self, it helps, but posting and reading post'-preferably newer/latest...helps as much if not more. I'm a single, 45 yr. old gentleman, moving to the south east to help my breathing, and back...Cold and rain, just tear my day up... how far depends kind'a on when the money runs out/ have to bunker down get a job for the winter. Then, or meet the right person, ya know! I'm moving from Cleveland TN. Need info of any kind... Am Clinically deaf, have a small service animal.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.
Read more: Does living in florida really suck that bad?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 PM

264 posts, read 774,644 times
Florida is "dumb" because outsiders dont understand it. When you dont understand something you typically associate with a negative connotation. I think florida is just fine and most other states need some catching up to do.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
If it's not the greatest, why are so many jumping the borders to get here......?
And the drama begins. American Exceptionalism: one of the easiest drama-generating topics in the world.

That being said, no, I don't believe that Florida is messed up more than any other state.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:03 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
And the drama begins. American Exceptionalism: one of the easiest drama-generating topics in the world.

That being said, no, I don't believe that Florida is messed up more than any other state.
it most certainly isn't. people seem to want it to be so they feel better about whatever hellhole they occupy.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:46 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTWW55 View Post
I love Florida! But, seriously, why does this state seem to have so many problems.....strange and violent ones....political ones......?
Care to elaborate as your assessment is rather broad/generic, how about some examples of specific to Florida problems..

Old 07-20-2011, 06:01 AM

179 posts, read 565,898 times
Red face Florida is Not Messed Up

The state is not the issue,only thing that can be messed up is the people that occupy the state. Every state has to have a few bad apples. And the larger the bushel of apples the more bad apples you will have.
People are always going to be at the root of any issue, and problems here in Florida will be no exception to that rule.
The fact that we are such a popular state for tourists and vacationers, as well as illegals, and fugitives, makes it impossible for us to escape the news. We harbor more people year round that are not true year round residents.
We as a whole are considered average in comparison to other areas, because at any given time we have more PEOPLE from EVERYWHERE, trying to live together, in a state that has open borders on 3 sides, and has always been in the spotlight, for everything that happens. We are recognized for everything from voting ballots,(we invented the CHAD) the Challenger tragedy, we also made the headlines when it was publicized that the terrorists took flight training at our air schools before 9/11/2001, and most recently our national attention with The Casey Anthony trial..

Old 07-20-2011, 09:40 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post

Well, said. I can't give you more rep.

Yeah, folks from wonderful countries like Mexico are clamoring to get in. That makes us stellar. What about places where citizens are treated well? Yes, some of them buy into the propaganda but once they find out the real story they often move back.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I would be bummed if I were born in Louisiana or Mississippi. Those two states consistently fall to the bottom of the heap. I once had a Canadian on here tell me that I should move my family there. Just goes to show that unless you've lived here for awhile you don't really know this country. Clearly, that goes for some Americans, too.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Think you need to be more specific. Florida does appear to have very bad employment issues. Seem to be about 6 states in this general boat. This is coupled w/ higher COL.

The economy runs on a very different model than most states so this creates a different set of circumstances.

It also has a serious crime problem.

No doubt every state has what one would call pros/cons, which vary from person to person.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 AM

41 posts, read 126,826 times
The only problem I have with Florida, aside from the heat, is what they are doing to teachers now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida