Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 AM

396 posts, read 396,577 times

Advertisements

Aside from the sunshine and vacation attraction CA vs FL is like comparing avocados to pineapples.

California is a powerhouse economy with massive industrial, agricultural and service bases. California is also the most populous state in the country. California is home to at least 2 world-class cities (SF and LA), the technology hub of the world (Silicon Valley), the entertainment hub of the world, huge military presence in San Diego and the SF bay, a huge international port (Long Beach). California is a world-class, international center for business, commerce, and culture on par with the Eastern Seaboard.

Can you really say the same about Florida?

What does Florida offer that gives it the advantage over California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 AM

471 posts, read 1,654,531 times
I like pineapples better than avacados.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,474,205 times
Default Slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by grew-up-3rd-culture View Post
Aside from the sunshine and vacation attraction CA vs FL is like comparing avocados to pineapples.

California is a powerhouse economy with massive industrial, agricultural and service bases. California is also the most populous state in the country. California is home to at least 2 world-class cities (SF and LA), the technology hub of the world (Silicon Valley), the entertainment hub of the world, huge military presence in San Diego and the SF bay, a huge international port (Long Beach). California is a world-class, international center for business, commerce, and culture on par with the Eastern Seaboard.

No, I can't say the same about Florida and I thank God everyday for that fact. Why would anyone WANT to compare the two? Is there a contest going on that we weren't notified about???

It's like comparing Colorado with Maine....

Old 08-13-2007, 12:44 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
Why would anyone WANT to compare the two? Is there a contest going on that we weren't notified about???
Exactly; never knew that there was a competition b/w COMPLETELY different places. I think most rationale people know there is a difference.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,187,132 times
i dont want to live in la or san fran. why would i be curious about them anyhow?

Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 PM

17,455 posts, read 38,845,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grew-up-3rd-culture View Post

You have now posted this TWICE - are you trying to start a war here or something - this comparison is completely stupid.

You can have your overpriced, overblown, overhyped California. I have my bargain paradise right here in Central Fla, and even after all our expenses are paid we have MONEY FOR FUN - can you say that about your overpriced world-class California cities?

Old 08-13-2007, 02:13 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,186,895 times
I have lived in both......I much prefer Florida for many reasons!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:31 PM

44 posts, read 286,780 times
is there a specific reason why you decided to post this twice in the same forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida