Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 11:34 AM

30,143 posts, read 20,857,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
I was trying to find a Gulf city at a similar latitude to Miami. St. Petersburg for example records just 86 degrees, same as Miami Beach in August. Ofc, over the entire year Miami Beach will be much warmer since you guys cool off a lot in winter.

If St. Petersburg is not good enough, you're free to find a city closer to you on that chart I linked to.

Perhaps the Gulf *feels* warmer due to less waves - waves increase convection and make the water feel colder.
I don't see how i am gonna feel water when i never go in it. You are lost as to what i am tryng to make you understand about a reverse west windflow. Our water temps up in my area are 90 or more most every summer. The water off of St pete gets deeper much faster than in does in my area.

You have to run 45 miles west of my area to get in over 100 ft of water. Miami it gets deep within 2 miles of the beach then drops to over 1500ft a few miles offshore. 100 ft feet of water is only around 29 miles west of St pete on avg. You guys on the east coast have another kind of weather all together compared to mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 01:21 PM

3,845 posts, read 7,913,543 times
This past Saturday... In March ��

Old 03-29-2016, 02:10 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,479,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Umm no it is downright HORRENDOUS being in that kind of heat with no AC. Downright miserable. Some people can handle it, not me. I'm not a Seminole Indian. What shade am I gonna use in my car? We're driving down from Texas in April, you think any of us can handle the deep south's humid climate in a vehicle with no AC? It's already too warm now!

I weigh between 125-130 pounds, am 5'8 and male. How in the world am I obese? What sort of assumption is that? The best way to enjoy Florida's heat is getting to a pool, beach or water park. Walking in the evening only to be eaten by skeeters, sweat in high humidity and 85+ weather, yeah no.

Back home our AC would be between 70-75. It is in the high 80s and 90s outside from most of spring through most of fall. A 10-20 degree difference is not a "few degrees." For heavens sake!

Cold weather is so much easier to deal with. It dropped to 35 this morning and we had no heater on, just snuggled up and fell asleep, woke up perfectly. No sweat, no chills. Heck I had no heater back in November and we got lows in the 20s and I still slept a hell of a lot better than I would in summer with no AC on. My house has poor ventilation, horrible insulation (we could see our breath inside before we got a new gas furnace) and it is an oven in August if the air isn't on. At least you can wear sweaters when it's chilly.
I don't think anyone has made any assumption that you're obese but it's a simple scientific fact that the more fat you're carrying around the higher your body temperature becomes and the more it has to work by sweating to compensate for this.
As for " walking in the evening only to be eaten by skeeters " I exercise every evening and rarely if ever get eaten by mosquitoes.It's the most delightful part of the day when the sun has gone down and I can work up a bit of a sweat with some vigorous walking then cooling down with a dip in the pool and cracking open the first brewskie of the evening.
Why people can't understand that sweating through exercise is entirely normal and trying to live an existence in Florida by hiding behind A/C 24/7 is unnatural and unhealthy.
Embrace the climate and treat the high temperatures as your friend - you could always be giving yourself a coronary by shovelling snow up North !

Old 03-29-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I don't think anyone has made any assumption that you're obese but it's a simple scientific fact that the more fat you're carrying around the higher your body temperature becomes and the more it has to work by sweating to compensate for this.
As for " walking in the evening only to be eaten by skeeters " I exercise every evening and rarely if ever get eaten by mosquitoes.It's the most delightful part of the day when the sun has gone down and I can work up a bit of a sweat with some vigorous walking then cooling down with a dip in the pool and cracking open the first brewskie of the evening.
Why people can't understand that sweating through exercise is entirely normal and trying to live an existence in Florida by hiding behind A/C 24/7 is unnatural and unhealthy.
Embrace the climate and treat the high temperatures as your friend - you could always be giving yourself a coronary by shovelling snow up North !
I don't hide behind a/c. I am out in the hot crap plenty and still hate it from May till Oct. If you like it then have at it.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:47 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,238,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I don't hide behind a/c. I am out in the hot crap plenty and still hate it from May till Oct. If you like it then have at it.
Move wayyyy North, problem solved.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:38 PM

499 posts, read 580,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Ahhhh...sounds heavenly! I can almost taste that ice cold first sip...mmmmmmm

Old 03-29-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Move wayyyy North, problem solved.
I would hate the cold up north even more. If i move, it is Cuba all the way if it ever frees up. At least i can enjoy some real rain and a hurricane or 2.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:43 PM

499 posts, read 580,795 times
https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USFL0338:1:US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
That is pretty crazy for March, but I don't think that's accurate. My car's temperature reading is always a little hotter than the actual air temp. According to weather.com, Naples FL had a high of 86 this past Saturday (March 26, 2016).

Old 03-29-2016, 03:49 PM

It was not 98. Them car thingys can be off a good bit.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:51 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,010,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post

What was the temp outside of the vehicle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida