U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-01-2011, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times

Advertisements

I am newly engaged to my fiance and we are planning a Destination Wedding in Florida. We recently came across a website in Destin, Fl called [url=http://www.DestinWeddingSites.com]Destin Beach Weddings - Full service, Destin wedding planning company[/url].
They offer beach wedding homes that could accommodate pretty much all our wedding party. It will be a small wedding around 25 people.
The house we like is an 8bedroom house and can take 29 guest. Its huge.
My question is...has anyone every stay in a house with that many people?
Should I save the money and get one house or am I setting myself up for a disaster?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 6,118 times
Destin is a great location for your beach wedding and another site to look at would be [url=http://www.destinbeachbrides.com]Destin Beach Weddings | Panama City Wedding | Pensacola  Weddings |[/url] for more packages to look at and choose.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 6,118 times
Default Destin Wedding

A Destin wedding on the beach is romantic and most brides and grooms will have a destination <a href=[url=http://www.destinbeachbrides]Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more[/url]>beach wedding in Destin.</a> Many brides and grooms will come each year for there destination beach wedding in Florida.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,044 times
Default ...just as beautiful yet more affordable!

Imagine your wedding in one of the most romantic and awe-inspiring atmospheres on earth —Navarre Beach, FL, also known as “Florida’s Best Kept Secret”. For years Navarre Beach has welcomed couples from all across the world and various religious backgrounds to celebrate their wedding in this natural sanctuary.

The natural beauty of the barrier island, surrounded by a protected natural shoreline, eliminates the need for expensive decor. With your choice of elegant live music played by a professional musician or sound on the beach amplification ceremony music via a portable player, we offer you an affordable wedding of chic style and charm, providing the most luxurious of amenities.

The essence of indulgence is offered in our sophisticated décor, photographs and flowers, as well as a day of planned pampering by one of our hand chosen vendors. Your ceremony is guaranteed to embody cultivated taste and a quality of gracefulness, while ensuring timeless memories.

I invite you to contact a White Sand Weddings’ professional and receive a complimentary initial consultation to include a budget friendly proposal with astute focus on details. Navarre Beach Weddings Planner, Beach Weddings, Ideas and Packages

Old 08-05-2011, 08:05 PM

5 posts, read 10,224 times
I think the house will be fine if it's only for a weekend. After that, people will start to get sick of each other, no matter how well they get along.

Please, please, please let me give you some advice about beach weddings in Destin. It's of course up to you, but I would NOT go with a beach wedding company. Their prices are outrageous, their decor is cheesy, and they usually won't walk far down on the beach so that you're away from the crowds. I cringe every time I see a destination wedding done through one of those companies - the bride and the groom look very uncomfortable when they realize they have such a huge audience of complete strangers. Here's an example of two beach wedding set-ups in Fort Walton Beach. Notice how they're set up right next to each other - they were both for similar times through different beach wedding companies, and neither company was going to haul all their stuff waaaaay down on the beach away from the other wedding.

Speaking of the crowds, you'd be wise to plan your wedding during the off-season. Your guests will probably not want to walk far down on the beach just to get away from the crowds, but if you set your wedding up in a spot right off the boardwalk (as a beach wedding company would do), you're going to have to deal with screaming kids, radios blaring, fat people in their swimsuits lounging about, people standing around watching, etc. All of that is going to be in your wedding pictures, and nothing ruins a wedding picture like people in their swimsuits standing in the background. If you have your wedding during a popular time of year for tourists, the beaches will be crowded no matter WHAT time you do your wedding (unless you do it at sunrise), and it will be the opposite of romantic.

That's not to say that beach weddings can't work - I've been to some that are beautifully done and incredibly touching. I would advise you to find a minister or a wedding officiant, and then rent beach chairs through a rental company. I used RSVP Weddings in Destin for mine, and they were really good. They can also provide decorations (awnings, rose petals for the aisle, whatever) if you're worried about that. There are also some beautiful parks and gardens to have your wedding at in Destin if you decide that a beach wedding isn't for you.

Some other things to think about:

-You'll want to plan your wedding for either early morning or just before sunset. Any time other than that will be too hot (unless you get married in late Fall or Winter) and the sun will be too harsh for the pictures to turn out well.

-Weather is unpredictable in Florida, so have a back-up plan. That could just mean getting married in the rental house, getting married underneath a gazebo somewhere, or even being able to postpone the wedding time a little bit to wait for the rain to subside.

-It's usually pretty windy on the beach, so if you want your guests to be able to hear what you're saying, you might want to wear mics or talk very loudly. Also, you'll want to choose a hairstyle that works well in the wind - nothing that you'll have to constantly be pushing out of your face or that will be blowing in your face when your photographer is trying to get great pictures.

-In regards to all the background noise at the beach, you might want to think about whether you really want to walk down the aisle to music or not. I've seen a few beach weddings where they tried to blare music over speakers when the bride walked down the aisle, and it simply does not go over well. The guests can't really hear it over the waves and the wind, and there's so much open space that it comes across sounding tinny.

-Don't wear heels! If you're doing a beach wedding, embrace it and go barefoot or wear flats. This seems like it should be common sense but MANY brides wear heels on the beach here, and they look ridiculous.

-Too much decoration on the beach just looks tacky and overdone. The essence of a beach wedding is in its simplicity. This is of course just my opinion, but I've talked to many brides who realized too late that the decorations didn't look right on the beach.

I hope this helps! Your wedding should be exactly what you want it to be, but I just wanted to give you some insight from someone who sees a beach wedding almost every weekend. There are definitely things that a lot of people don't think about.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 AM

84 posts, read 106,742 times
i agree with above poster. if you can, try to plan in the off season. after labor day or before memorial day.
late september/october is the best on the gulf coast. the summer crowds are gone, the snowbirds haven't trickled in yet, and the weather is usually still fairly warm. we were still wearing shorts and t shirts on halloween last year.

yeah, don't wear heels. you cannot walk in sand in heels. go barefoot. the sand feels really good and a natural exfoliant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida