Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 AM

130 posts, read 426,408 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon Everyone, just want to check in and see if anyone has experience with the above referenced motel because I am going to stay there during my 2 week visit and job hunt while I am in the process of relocating from NY. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times
No experience with that motel, but do you realize that Edgewater is MILES from anything?

If I may be so nosy, why did you choose Edgewater as your job-hunting base?

Old 01-21-2011, 05:22 PM

Default New Smyrna

Hi, I only chose this place because it has it set up like an apartment and I need something close to the cedar dune townhouses as that is where I am planning to relocate once I can find work.

If you can offer and advice, I would more than greatly appreciate it.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
My parents stayed in Edgewater after Christmas this year for a family visit. They started out at Best-Western (left...they hated it) and finally landed at Carter's. They said it was older but extremely clean and they were treated like family. They had an efficiency with small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Check it out --> Carter's Motel & RV Sites - Cottages, Bungalows, Motel Rooms, RV Sites

Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times
Still don't get it, Mel.

Do your own a townhouse there? And what kind of work are you looking for? There can't be much in Edgewater.

Sounds like TampaKaren's got a great recommendation for you! That place looks really nice.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:55 PM

My old neighbors and friends retired and bought a townhouse there and are willing to rent a room out for 5-7 monthly.

I have wanted to move to Florida for a long time, have been there before mainly to vacation but now is my chance since this is an opportunity too good to let slip away.

You are correct that Karen's place looks very relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Still don't get it, Mel.

Do your own a townhouse there? And what kind of work are you looking for? There can't be much in Edgewater.

Sounds like TampaKaren's got a great recommendation for you! That place looks really nice.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the advice, I chose Carter's and have to say I was impressed. The owner's who are a couple are the nicest folks and the place even has a small pool not to mention free muffins and coffee in the morning with maid service included at no extra charge. Only drawback it's cash only but there are stores within walking distance even, dollar general, and a shopping strip near the goodwill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: