Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 09:16 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
And this is also one of the worst areas in the country for car insurance .
Can't wait for you to move to Florida and see how "cheap" car insurance is there....

Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 PM

573 posts, read 2,442,309 times
Was that sarcasm? ; )

I think our car insurance is pretty cheap in FL...

Old 08-20-2007, 11:10 PM

33 posts, read 158,299 times
For all of you complainers who have been " stuck here" and for all of the disgruntled transplants, please take I-95 N,I-75 N, or I-10 west and leave. The sooner we get all of you crybaby whiners and complainers out of the state, the better off we will be.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:26 AM

217 posts, read 879,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasol View Post
Why do you say that?
What I meant is that western Mass, to me atleast, is economically depressed and it has its share of poverty. I am from Syracuse originally but grew up in Albany. I had relatives who lived in North Adams, MA and I wasn't impressed. The cost of living is somewhat high too but the salaries are low. Don't get be wrong! I love New England, but it has parts that are in bad shape. I just thought it was funny for someone to complain about Florida and then rave about western Mass. If I lived in Mass, I would live near Boston. Just like there are parts of Florida I wouldn't want to live in as well.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:33 AM

217 posts, read 879,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StJohnCane View Post
For all of you complainers who have been " stuck here" and for all of the disgruntled transplants, please take I-95 N,I-75 N, or I-10 west and leave. The sooner we get all of you crybaby whiners and complainers out of the state, the better off we will be.
I understand your frustration.

As a transplant from upstate NY, I hear other transplants complain constantly too. They complain about the people, weather, etc. Funny thing..Florida is made up of transplants, so the people they are complaining about are other transplants!

It took me about a year to fully adjust to Florida, but I'm making it.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:53 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Making over $50K a year is rich?

That's the Area Median Income for my county....in other words, middle middle class.
Maybe you should read my post again...i live in Orlando and i make 22k a year and i know "ALOT" of people here that make the same or less.....and you think its easier to make it down here.....if you aint got a degree then you won't make it without a roomate or two or three here......you know that the majority of job openings in Orlando are in the food or service industry so we struggle just like people from other cities anywhere ....there is no magical rainbow here...

you know how much Disney pays thier employees?....yeah you know the ones that you see serving you or controling your ride on your vacation?........is it really easier to make it here?........and 50k a year "is" rich in my world and any one that i work with would say the same along with alot of other people in Orlando.....Thank God that 22k living with my mother can keep me out of the ghetto and 22k can keep my co-workers out of the ghetto as long as they have some roomates too.....you cant find an apartment and pay all the bills by yourself down here on my salary and i make a couple thousand more a year than people that work at McDonalds and Taco Bell around here......I am not complaining about anything here but just wish people would realize that it is way harder to make it here than what they think.....especially if they never lived here and are saying its easy........if you are making 22k-25k up north and live on your own then don't comment on Orlando....I love living here just dont like people speaking down on others like people dont struggle just as much here as somewhere else

Old 08-21-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
Was that sarcasm? ; )

I think our car insurance is pretty cheap in FL...

It's relative I guess..... For two cars our family paid $220 a month in Central Florida and it dropped to $120 a month in Virginia with identical coverage. Maybe in the NE it's more pricey, but car insurance in Florida is no bargain.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJohnCane View Post
You know what would be easier is when those of you who love it and can't help but take someone else's distaste for the state personally see a thread that implies it might have negative comments about the state that you apparrently can't handle. JUST DON'T READ IT!!!!

Seems that'd be more simple than telling someone to spend thousands of dollars they may not have to up and move thier life. I'm sure those that havent' already moved appreciate your kind advice though......

Old 08-21-2007, 06:32 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,237 times
We like florida!!!! WE LIKE FLORRRRRIIIDDDAAA!
We like other states BUT Florida is great!

The real reason we stay here is FAMILY but I would stay in Alaska(never been there ...bet it's cold) to be with family! Most of my family lives here and to be honest, that is more important then anything in my book. I want my kids(when we have them) to know their grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles.

Also I love Christmas here! the weather is gorgeous and flowers are still STILL BLOOMING! Think our rose bush had a gorgeous bloom last Christmas.

love being able to walk my pup year round and that on that walk all I need is a cup of coffee and Im warm.

Also, we are not rich or anything BUUUT we get along just fine is this beautiful state.
We have great jobs(they are out there), we own a home(or two at the moment), we enjoy life here!
I do think it's overcrowded, but if everyone who hates florida leaves PROBLEM SOLVED!

Also, what about Amelia Island, St Augustine, the keys, etc. All beautiful places!!!

Mr. Tux I THINK YOUR AWESOME. your comments are fantastic!

Last edited by kelly3120; 08-21-2007 at 06:49 AM..

Old 08-21-2007, 06:45 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcorbin View Post
The spark starts with YOU.
I love it! ....can I drink mojito w/ you?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida