Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 PM

181 posts, read 289,975 times

Advertisements

..and one more important piece of data that pertains to wealth and wealthy people.

In America, we generally don't tax wealth..we tax earnings..which explains people like Warren Buffet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 10:14 AM

3,845 posts, read 7,913,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | TBO.com

96% clean.

I don't expect a bunch of poor women with kids to get high personally.

But glad to see Rick scum got a nice sized check for his efforts.

I thought I had read if ur tested pos for the drugs you could have a close family member claim the welfare for you so long as it went towards the children. You had to prove the money was going towards food, housing whatever. I'm pretty sure thats how it goes

Old 08-28-2011, 05:52 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,358,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I thought I had read if ur tested pos for the drugs you could have a close family member claim the welfare for you so long as it went towards the children. You had to prove the money was going towards food, housing whatever. I'm pretty sure thats how it goes
You are correct. Those that fail the drug test and have kids simply designate someone to receive the welfare check on behalf of the kids. Doesn't have to be a family member...it can be anyone. Could even be their drug dealer.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:18 PM

10,180 posts, read 6,226,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I am not going back to read this entire thread but I am all for everyone who is receiving welfare getting not only a drug test but a total mental and physical check so they can go out and EARN their free benefits.

To me SS is NOT a freebie, those people worked and paid into the system but most welfare lifers have never paid or earned their handout.

4 generations of welfare families proves that the system is getting milked by losers who wont work and want a freebie from those of us who have worked and EARNED our way.

What is wrong with a healthy person on welfare EARNING their keep?

Give them the food stamps and make them cut grass along the highway, paint a building, help serve food at a school etc.
Put their kids in day care? My sister-in-law, MARRIED, had 4 kids (twins) under the age of 6 when her husband walked out on her. Only one child was in school. What would she do with the rest of them while she worked a minimum wage job? Her DEAD BEAT HUSBAND shouldn't be responsible for his legally wedded birthed children? She went on welfare until GOVERNMENT rounded up her HUSBAND and made him pay child support. My sister-in-law divorced him, still getting child support, worked when all the kids were school age, and eventually went back to school, got a better job, and later married a man who adopted her 4 kids. End of story, and welfare. Some people NEED government services UNTIL they can remedy their circumstances. You cannot blanket statements. If she had been required to take a drug test they would have found NOTHING because that was not the problem why she was on welfare. Having a dead beat husband and 4 very young kids WAS the problem.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:31 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,032,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
you are correct. Those that fail the drug test and have kids simply designate someone to receive the welfare check on behalf of the kids. Doesn't have to be a family member...it can be anyone. could even be their drug dealer.
imagine that

IF the money is gonna go to a designated person, how in the world is Ricky Alien gonna get us back all the money that is being spent in testing and administrative costs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida