U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
3,910 posts, read 3,498,176 times
Reputation: 1869

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
maybe you need a better education so you can find a decent paying job.
That's why I'm in school to get my CPA jerk.

 
Old 09-01-2011, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
87 posts, read 64,208 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
That's why I'm in school to get my CPA jerk.

Good for you, CPAs are always in demand. Good luck!

Last edited by OCtoWPB; 09-01-2011 at 07:55 AM..
 
Old 09-01-2011, 08:08 AM
 
8,371 posts, read 5,103,074 times
Reputation: 3490
Yes, that is an exaggeration, but I wanted to cover enough time to keep anyone from stating that there are days in those months where it is conceivable possible to have such temps. I agree it is more like May before we get hot and it stops in October. Just covering the bases to avoid further debate on the summertime issue.





Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
That is an exaggeration. Yes, even I get tired of the constant heat, but it is not 90 plus with high humidity from March to October. In May is usually when we begin to have "some days" at or above 90. From June-end of Sep and sometimes beginning of Oct. is another thing.

Usually around the last week of Sep/beginning of Oct. the 90 plus days are minimal. Last year by the 3rd week of Sep. I do not recall having days at 90; upper 80s yes, and with a less humidity. Fall of 2009 was a different story. We were getting 90 degree days towards the 2nd half of October, but that was not the norm. I live in Miami where it is usually hotter than most of the state.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Wellington, FL Palm Beach County
1,879 posts, read 2,941,199 times
Reputation: 784
Plenty of people leaving Florida, due to the job market and high unemployment. Florida in general has seen a net outflow the first time in a decade of record growth. It's a sad reality if you rely on a stable good paying job to make a living on another note, at least in my part of Florida, I often see people of the non-retirement age living Buena Vida and do not work so there is still a influx of recent lotto winners, 30 something's living with their parents, trust funders or Kato Kaelin types that keep South Florida going. It's definatly not total doom and gloom here with soup kitchens and people driving 10+ year old cars if you know what I mean.

Unfortunatley for many, the perks of living here, nice weather, beach and etc. does not pay the bills and many have a rough time even enjoying it because they are so down and out with the dismal job market and/or prospects.

A lot of states are in trouble, California is teetering on the edge of disaster eventhough the Bay Area still has a strong job market for some. The Northeast seems to be more stable and has lower unemployment but both areas, that have good job markets, and are desirable places to live have a very high cost of living. Massachusetts for example around Boston have been very resilent to the downturn, but with that home prices and the cost of living along with traffic will come as a trade-off.
Of course if you hate long cold winters, cloudy skies, pot holes, irritable people and wearing layers, the Northeast will weave it's magic around you sooner or later.

Also as I always said to people who make the "Hurricane" comments about Florida, Irene sorta answered that one for you....
 
Old 09-01-2011, 11:39 AM
 
5,250 posts, read 3,905,068 times
Reputation: 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Plenty of people leaving Florida, due to the job market and high unemployment. Florida in general has seen a net outflow the first time in a decade of record growth. It's a sad reality if you rely on a stable good paying job to make a living on another note, at least in my part of Florida, I often see people of the non-retirement age living Buena Vida and do not work so there is still a influx of recent lotto winners, 30 something's living with their parents, trust funders or Kato Kaelin types that keep South Florida going. It's definatly not total doom and gloom here with soup kitchens and people driving 10+ year old cars if you know what I mean.

Unfortunatley for many, the perks of living here, nice weather, beach and etc. does not pay the bills and many have a rough time even enjoying it because they are so down and out with the dismal job market and/or prospects.

A lot of states are in trouble, California is teetering on the edge of disaster eventhough the Bay Area still has a strong job market for some. The Northeast seems to be more stable and has lower unemployment but both areas, that have good job markets, and are desirable places to live have a very high cost of living. Massachusetts for example around Boston have been very resilent to the downturn, but with that home prices and the cost of living along with traffic will come as a trade-off.
Of course if you hate long cold winters, cloudy skies, pot holes, irritable people and wearing layers, the Northeast will weave it's magic around you sooner or later.

Also as I always said to people who make the "Hurricane" comments about Florida, Irene sorta answered that one for you....

So now because of Irene we are gonna compare Florida to the Northeast for hurricane threats? You gotta be kidding...!!

Hey it hit 100 a few days in NY ...maybe its just as hot in the northeast as it is in Florida .....same logic RIGHT????

Oh..and living in Florida is a perk for weather ?? How?
 
Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Easthampton, MA
3,535 posts, read 5,654,341 times
Reputation: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yes, that is an exaggeration, but I wanted to cover enough time to keep anyone from stating that there are days in those months where it is conceivable possible to have such temps. I agree it is more like May before we get hot and it stops in October. Just covering the bases to avoid further debate on the summertime issue.
Depending on what part of the state you are in.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Wellington, FL Palm Beach County
1,879 posts, read 2,941,199 times
Reputation: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
So now because of Irene we are gonna compare Florida to the Northeast for hurricane threats? You gotta be kidding...!!
You don't get my point obviously..

The point was, that no matter what you say about the threat of Hurricanes, the entire eastern seaboard and inland is not devoid of Hurricanes/Tropical Storms. We can now also toss in Earthquakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post

Hey it hit 100 a few days in NY ...maybe its just as hot in the northeast as it is in Florida .....same logic RIGHT????

There were days when it was hotter up North than where I live and also the air quality was way worse, can you say pollution?



Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Oh..and living in Florida is a perk for weather ?? How?
Well hello? That would be the reason why so many people desire to live and vacation here not only just during the brutal winters up North but all year long

Do I sense some bitterness here, well that's nothing new...
 
Old 09-01-2011, 01:55 PM
 
8,371 posts, read 5,103,074 times
Reputation: 3490
Of course the FURTHER SOUTH YOU GO the hotter it gets/stays/



Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Depending on what part of the state you are in.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:10 PM
 
5,250 posts, read 3,905,068 times
Reputation: 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
You don't get my point obviously..

The point was, that no matter what you say about the threat of Hurricanes, the entire eastern seaboard and inland is not devoid of Hurricanes/Tropical Storms. We can now also toss in Earthquakes.




There were days when it was hotter up North than where I live and also the air quality was way worse, can you say pollution?





Well hello? That would be the reason why so many people desire to live and vacation here not only just during the brutal winters up North but all year long

Do I sense some bitterness here, well that's nothing new...

First... anywhere on the coast is a threat for a hurricane NO **** Sherlock ... but comparing it to Florida is plain ridiculous.

Pollution? yea, if you live in a big city...not if you live in the country up north

As far as the weather...you just keep pumping that A/C every day 8 months a year... sweat like a pig every time you go outside.

Bitter? For your information I DO live in the south and the only thing I'm jealous of are the people in the north who have normal weather. Those brutal winters to you are not anything compared to living in a sweatbox day after day....Winter is part of a 4 season plan that makes each season unique and gives one the opportunity to enjoy what comes next and anticipate it. All you have to look forward to are sweaty armpits....
 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:17 PM
AFD
 
Location: Beautiful Downton Delray Beach
41 posts, read 75,203 times
Reputation: 56
Ok so i was going to move to Florida but after these comments maybe i shouldnt
Ok no scratch that i am definately moving to Florida
Wait maybe i should !!!
No no im moving.
Darn why cant you citydata folks make up MY mind for me about where I should live, I come here for advise on moving one person says its great another says its horrible. How can allof you live in Florida and not have the same experience. I want a consensus NOW. Are heat strokes and bread lines in my future or Sunshine and prosperity. IM holding the movers at bay until i get an answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top