U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM

1,392 posts, read 854,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
I get s.a.d. from not getting some cold cloudy days.... I love sitting inside all summer. After being outside in this crap five days a week, I want nothing to do with outside. Unless it's that 3 month window of cooler weather......
do you work outside? yeah, i'd hate florida too if i had a job that kept me outdoors during summer months.

when i was younger and still living in dc, i used to dislike the abundant sunshine as well. then i visited my father in portland, oregon for significant amounts of time. after the 8th straight day of overcast and gloom i started feeling funky. sluggish and kind of down (and it wasn't due to inactivity since i was soaking up every sight i could find). that's when i realized 2 things - 1) that i needed the sunlight more than originally thought, and 2) the reason why many of the bridges that lead into downtown portland have suicide hotline numbers posted.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:55 PM

7,884 posts, read 8,472,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
If you were stuck inside 8 or 9 months a year in Ohio then there must have been some physical problem..that doesnt even come close to making any sense...

No it doesn't.

But this same poster claims to have moved to FL in July and no one complained about unloading three moving trucks in the FL heat.

They also haven't seen any bugs, and everyone they have encountered in FL is polite and friendly, as opposed to Ohio.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:07 PM

20,001 posts, read 16,144,609 times
Odd how some one up north may gripe about the cold but it doesnt turn into a 3-4 page bashing of the person for their dislike of the cold.
State something negative about Florida and its a multi page hissy fit taking the person to task for having the gall to dislike anything about Florida.

These same people who call Florida a paradise are usually the same people that have a problem with the hundreds of thousands of northerners moving to their proclaimed paradise Florida.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM

5,250 posts, read 3,908,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
i don't know what part of the north you've been in during winter but i can assure you with 100% confidence that there are many parts (including pburgh) that are a gloomy dull gray for a significant portion of the colder months.
ONLY by the lakes..... Northeast and upper midwest though cold stay relatively sunny.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM

23,443 posts, read 17,681,375 times
Quote:
If you were stuck inside 8 or 9 months a year in Ohio then there must have been some physical problem..that doesnt even come close to making any sense...
I grew up in St Louis, we played sports outdoors all year round.
Funny thing, if you're outside, and you're active, you're NOT going to be cold...
And you're right, there is something here that makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
No it doesn't.

But this same poster claims to have moved to FL in July and no one complained about unloading three moving trucks in the FL heat.

They also haven't seen any bugs, and everyone they have encountered in FL is polite and friendly, as opposed to Ohio.

Each his own I guess..for me that comment about not being able to go outside 8-9 months a year in Ohio was hilarious...there might be a little justifying going on too...never know.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:36 PM

1,392 posts, read 854,560 times
Quote:
ONLY by the lakes..... Northeast and upper midwest though cold stay relatively sunny.
visit dc in winter.

enjoy the dull.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
visit dc in winter.

enjoy the dull.

??? I'll take that over heat ANY DAY!!! Folks if you like the heat great.. trying to convince people who hate the heat that Florida is anything more than a sweatpit is useless..same applies the other way around.

To me there is no more beautiful day than a cool grey winter sky right before a snowfall..you can have your giant yellow ball of pain

Old 08-29-2011, 04:52 PM

87 posts, read 64,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
So it would wise to relocate lets say to North Dakota even though you know its
cold, but you have to try it to find out how cold it really is? Nonsense.

No, I don't think those who answer back to the whiners are whining.

Let's just agree to disagree on this.

Last edited by OCtoWPB; 08-29-2011 at 05:12 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 PM

8,380 posts, read 5,111,699 times
I dont see anyone trying to convince anyone of anything.

Quote:
??? I'll take that over heat ANY DAY!!! Folks if you like the heat great.. trying to convince people who hate the heat that Florida is anything more than a sweatpit is useless..same applies the other way around.

To me there is no more beautiful day than a cool grey winter sky right before a snowfall..you can have your giant yellow ball of pain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida