Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:16 AM

3 posts, read 43,716 times

Advertisements

Hello, I write from Italy.
I just registered in this forum because I have a question on the driver licenses in Florida, and I am looking for examples of some particular cases.

A woman marry and change her last name, or a man change the residence address, then asks for a variation in the driver license. The new card will show original dates in "Issued" and "Expires" fields, together with the date of the variation in "Duplicate"?

I wrote to FLHSMV and I received two answers, both positive:

"When a duplicate Florida license is issued it will show the original issuance date as well as the duplicate issuance date. You are correct in your statement that a person could have one name on the original issuance and a different name on a duplicate issuance. The name change would be reflected on the record history with this type of issuance."

"The response to your question, “In particular I wanted to know if a duplicate will show the original issuance date as well as the duplicate issuance date. Even if the last name of the person changed in the meanwhile (for example a divorce and a new marriage),” is yes and was yes at the time the license in question was issued."

OK, I was right. But now I am looking also for some real example, better if it is a picture of a real driver license (obviously with name and code hidden, for privacy). Or simply a text description of the driver license.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cuoghi View Post
Hello, I write from Italy.
I just registered in this forum because I have a question on the driver licenses in Florida, and I am looking for examples of some particular cases.

A woman marry and change her last name, or a man change the residence address, then asks for a variation in the driver license. The new card will show original dates in "Issued" and "Expires" fields, together with the date of the variation in "Duplicate"?

I wrote to FLHSMV and I received two answers, both positive:

"When a duplicate Florida license is issued it will show the original issuance date as well as the duplicate issuance date. You are correct in your statement that a person could have one name on the original issuance and a different name on a duplicate issuance. The name change would be reflected on the record history with this type of issuance."

"The response to your question, “In particular I wanted to know if a duplicate will show the original issuance date as well as the duplicate issuance date. Even if the last name of the person changed in the meanwhile (for example a divorce and a new marriage),” is yes and was yes at the time the license in question was issued."

OK, I was right. But now I am looking also for some real example, better if it is a picture of a real driver license (obviously with name and code hidden, for privacy). Or simply a text description of the driver license.

Thank you
http://www.floridasunday.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Florida-Drivers-License-2.jpg (broken link)

Note the "Replaced" field.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahltkd View Post
Note the "Replaced" field.
Thank you, this is a good example, but it is a "sample" taken from a page of Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
I need to know cases of real people, and my question started from another kind of license, where the word is "Duplicate".

This illustration come from the US Driver's Licenses manual (Florida is at page 10)
http://www.hr.umich.edu/hrris/forms/...20Licenses.pdf

(I haven't understand how to add an URL)

Last edited by d_cuoghi; 08-28-2011 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Again, error in url

Old 09-11-2011, 04:36 AM

I write again today because the reason why I asked these informations is related to september 11 2001. This is the page I wrote against a false and offensive claim of the so-called "truthers":

CeeCee Ross Lyles, the driving license is authentic

Last edited by d_cuoghi; 09-11-2011 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Error in a link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida