U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 AM

381 posts, read 928,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post
I love the heat & humidity and the creepy crawling things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Are you serious? Wow...
Why "wow"?

I took the dog out last night and it was 42 degrees. I almost froze my butt off! Soon everything here will be brown and still.

I hate cold. I hate brown landscaping and the out of doors devoid of life.

Give me heat (90-110 degrees is fine), humidity (I do not like being dry, last time I was in Vegas I got chapped lips) green plants and snakes/bugs/gators/lizards.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 AM

381 posts, read 928,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
I feel like someone sees my points at last , Florida is a hole its hot , then every other week we are threatened by a hurricane , the old people who live here hate kids and don't want to hear any noise past 8pm.

The jobs here are you either serve the rich or you are rich and they don't pay and treat you like crap.

Then we get the rains bugs come out eat you alive, the cops in the small towns are jokes they are bored and harass anyone and everyone on top of the that we have lawyers wall to wall and everyone is suing everyone for no reason the old people are the worst.

I served for 10 years only to move into a gated community where I have been abused almost all the time called the Arbors in Hobe Sound , I have congestive heart failure now and they insist on abusing me this is how republicans treat people that ensured their safety nice .

I got sick while serving somehow this is my fault , law firms here open foreclosure mills and the state does nothing instead they elect Rick Scott one of the worst criminals of all to run this god forsaken state.

I served to make sure all these old farts could be free and I found out they are the ones pushing for my house to be foreclosed on ?

Be clear anyone thinking of moving here this is one corrupt state rednecks and old people and forget the cops they are Nazis.

I am leaving so all your great old fart Florida lovers can rot here in your morgue , enjoy you bunch of old nasty rude self important ****heads.

So, you're a glass-is-half-full type of guy..ain't ya.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM

4,597 posts, read 3,384,588 times
Quote:
Walk a mile in his shoes before you criticize him ...

Old 10-03-2011, 12:44 PM

22,553 posts, read 47,266,881 times
Quote:
Why "wow"?

I took the dog out last night and it was 42 degrees. I almost froze my butt off! Soon everything here will be brown and still.

Give me heat (90-110 degrees is fine), humidity (I do not like being dry, last time I was in Vegas I got chapped lips) green plants and snakes/bugs/gators/lizards.
Quote:
Enough said.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM

2,930 posts, read 6,187,687 times
Quote:
Why "wow"?

Over here, your dog wont even come out during those 90+ degree days or if there is a thunderstorm, so be careful what you wish for. You can always add a layer of clothes but with the heat, there is no way around it.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM

357 posts, read 697,934 times
Florida is a nice place to visit for a short time, but it's not the kind of place humans should have intended on inhabiting long term. It should have been left to the native tribes and Spanish settlers!

As far as to why Florida was developed as much as it was: I seem to recall people flocking to the undeveloped state in the early 1900s to find their dream land was actually worthless swamp land. They were stuck here and had no choice but to build where they could.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:59 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,905,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Walk a mile in his shoes before you criticize him ...
It's hard to walk a mile in clown shoes

Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Over here, your dog wont even come out during those 90+ degree days or if there is a thunderstorm, so be careful what you wish for. You can always add a layer of clothes but with the heat, there is no way around it.
My dog used to go out every day and for mile or so walks many of those days. Not to mention all the time just running around the property chasing rabbits, foxes, etc.
And not many dogs like to go out during thunderstorms no matter which state they are located in. While Florida may have the most thunderstorms per sq mile there are many other states that have high numbers of thunderstorms. The afternoon thunderstorms are the price one must pay for living close to the ocean and gulf.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
Florida is a nice place to visit for a short time, but it's not the kind of place humans should have intended on inhabiting long term. It should have been left to the native tribes and Spanish settlers!

As far as to why Florida was developed as much as it was: I seem to recall people flocking to the undeveloped state in the early 1900s to find their dream land was actually worthless swamp land. They were stuck here and had no choice but to build where they could.
Are you 100 years old? You recall people flocking here in the early 1900's?
Shouldn't the rest of the U.S. been left to the native tribes also?

You do realize there are swamps in other states also don't you? Some are just not in a warm climate.
There used to be over 221 million acres of wetlands in the lower 48 and that number was down to about 100 million acres by the mid 80's. It just happened that the swamps in the north were drained before your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or