U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 08:59 AM

10,409 posts, read 17,182,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
Its why I moved to Seattle look if offended anyone on the this board I don't care I lived in Florida for 40 years and its was bars and old people and rednecks , no Google , Microsoft , Apple will EVER MOVE THERE AND RICK SCOTT WONT HELP.

His crimes are well known even out here he is the Dick
Fuld of heath care , he will be one more who passes through and makes Florida worse only to line his pockets .

Why would anyone with talent stay in place that has the laws and that Florida does No one with real skill would want to stay where your under paid and over worked , Real estate what a joke please I left my home there and it had dropped 200,000 in value , foreclosures are through the roof and unless you have no kids there are
alot of gated communities with old people you TRUST ME DON'T WANT TO MOVE INTO.

If your a big time criminal you can do well there and be left alone , Rick Scott tons of health care fraud , Dick
Fuld Lehman brother ran them under walked with 500 million , David Stern caught red handed having done 70,000 robo signer foreclosures and none are in jail , yet get a DUI there or write a bad check and be ready to do time.

No big firm wants to move here if they do its only to make sure they have cheap labor and they can fire you without so much as a review , I grew up in Orlando and locals there called it dismal world or the tragic kingdom they treated employees so bad there, long hours in the heat and fired on the spot no reason , Disney is a bad rat .

The real estate market there is death warmed over over priced because of old people and when you go to sell your stuck no one wants to move there any more.

They have no real tech firms that pay well and the only professions doing well are doctors for old people and lawyers suing everyone .
In short if your enjoy bad , food pissed off old people , hot weather with huge electric bills and unfriendly people and being treated like crap at work you have found home .

Enjoy the swamp I am glad to be gone.
Wow - what a scary post, you need to have your meds adjusted - glad you left my beautiful state. And everything you said is pretty much a complete lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 13 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,152,468 times
Telling someone that their house is next to be foreclosed on? That they and their family, possibly with children, are going to be out on the street?

I don't want to be within a 100 miles when that karma boomerang comes around.

What did I say, gypsychic? Those people drove me out of Florida. Hey, maybe they are leaving. Is it safe to come back?

Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 AM

14,729 posts, read 16,496,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Telling someone that their house is next to be foreclosed on? That they and their family, possibly with children, are going to be out on the street?

What did I say, gypsychic? Those people drove me out of Florida. Hey, maybe they are leaving. Is it safe to come back?

I think the "karma boomerang" already knocked him out a couple times, which is why he had to leave in the first place.

Rude people complaining about rude people always amazing!

Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 PM

14,729 posts, read 16,496,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

And no, not calling YOU rude! Calling out SEOGorilla's RUDENESS while he laments rude and nasty people in his former place of residence!

Old 11-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 13 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,152,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And no, not calling YOU rude! Calling out SEOGorilla's RUDENESS while he laments rude and nasty people in his former place of residence!
Thanks for the clarification.

It's true that most of us legitimately call others rude and others are rudely treated because they are darn rude to begin with. It's funny because whether it's on the internet or in "real life" it's pretty easy to tell who's who.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM

378 posts, read 439,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
Its why I moved to Seattle look if offended anyone on the this board I don't care I lived in Florida for 40 years and its was bars and old people and rednecks , no Google , Microsoft , Apple will EVER MOVE THERE AND RICK SCOTT WONT HELP.

His crimes are well known even out here he is the Dick
Fuld of heath care , he will be one more who passes through and makes Florida worse only to line his pockets .

Why would anyone with talent stay in place that has the laws and that Florida does No one with real skill would want to stay where your under paid and over worked , Real estate what a joke please I left my home there and it had dropped 200,000 in value , foreclosures are through the roof and unless you have no kids there are
alot of gated communities with old people you TRUST ME DON'T WANT TO MOVE INTO.

If your a big time criminal you can do well there and be left alone , Rick Scott tons of health care fraud , Dick
Fuld Lehman brother ran them under walked with 500 million , David Stern caught red handed having done 70,000 robo signer foreclosures and none are in jail , yet get a DUI there or write a bad check and be ready to do time.

No big firm wants to move here if they do its only to make sure they have cheap labor and they can fire you without so much as a review , I grew up in Orlando and locals there called it dismal world or the tragic kingdom they treated employees so bad there, long hours in the heat and fired on the spot no reason , Disney is a bad rat .

The real estate market there is death warmed over over priced because of old people and when you go to sell your stuck no one wants to move there any more.

They have no real tech firms that pay well and the only professions doing well are doctors for old people and lawyers suing everyone .
In short if your enjoy bad , food pissed off old people , hot weather with huge electric bills and unfriendly people and being treated like crap at work you have found home .

Enjoy the swamp I am glad to be gone.
He does have a few good points, even if they are put forth rather harshly. The downturn has hit many in Florida terribly, and that can make people angry. I sold 100's of homes to people who now have mortgages twice as high as their homes are worth. I didn't cause the down turn, but I do feel bad for these people.

Hopefully we'll get back to an economy where the people that move here and find they don't like it, can sell their homes they bought at a profit and be a little happier when they leave.

Last edited by alfbroker; 11-08-2011 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: missing word

Old 11-20-2011, 11:08 AM

378 posts, read 439,192 times
With almost 1,000,000 unemployed in Florida and still lots of unemployed moving here to look for work, some good news. Tourism up 5% over last year and an estimated 50,000 jobs gained. The bad news? You need to have fryer, burger flipping, or filthy sheet cleaning experience and be satisfied with around minimum wage to be part of the new Florida economy.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:16 PM

2,163 posts, read 2,719,029 times
Ya got to start somewhere.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:46 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,373,094 times
If all you can offer an employer is fryer, burger flipping, or filthy sheet cleaning experience, then I guess one would have it made. But they could just as easily stay where they are and experience that. No need to relocate.

However, there are many many people who can and do offer a whole lot more to a potential employer and there are jobs available for those people. Competition for those jobs is stiff here in FL, just like the rest of the U.S.A. so only the best at what they do will fill those positions when they become available.

Nothing much has changed in FL in decades except for growth, growth and more growth. The growth leads to higher unemployment, higher crime rates, more traffic on the roads and all the other little nasty facts of life.

A whole lot has changed in the economy of the U.S. and I don't care where you go in the U.S. you're going to find the same conditions/problems

I am sure you can advise a list of cities and towns across the U.S.A.
where the situation is much much better than Florida, therefore, please do

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
With almost 1,000,000 unemployed in Florida and still lots of unemployed moving here to look for work, some good news. Tourism up 5% over last year and an estimated 50,000 jobs gained. The bad news? You need to have fryer, burger flipping, or filthy sheet cleaning experience and be satisfied with around minimum wage to be part of the new Florida economy.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:51 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,373,094 times
Yes, the downturn has been a continual problem in FL. Yep, lots and lots of people bought homes which were beyond their means to begin with or made investments in property that was sold at ridiculous prices way beyond what was the "normal" in FL. I also feel bad for those people, but a little homework would have told them that they were buying into a frenzy and frenzy's usually come to an end and obviously it has.

I put the blame on lenders who were just handing out the loans regardless of the borrowers ability to pay it back or even maintain the levels of debt they put themselves in. If a house sold for $90k in 1999, it would be awful silly to pay 250k for the same house in 2005 but it was done time and time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
He does have a few good points, even if they are put forth rather harshly. The downturn has hit many in Florida terribly, and that can make people angry. I sold 100's of homes to people who now have mortgages twice as high as their homes are worth. I didn't cause the down turn, but I do feel bad for these people.

Hopefully we'll get back to an economy where the people that move here and find they don't like it, can sell their homes they bought at a profit and be a little happier when they leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida