Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:03 PM

116 posts, read 169,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I see a lot of 20-40 yr old drivers who I think don't give themselves enough time to get where they need to go, who text, surf the net or on the phone while driving 10 mph+ above the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic, tailgaiting, and showing signs of impatience.

I'll take a oldtimer behind the wheel driving at the speed limit because they're predictable in what they're going to do and can be maneuvered around if needed.

The impatient 20-40 with a cellphone is so unpredictable and a hazard on the road. Their is a reason why their insurance rates are so much higher than a older driver.
Normally your posts are way off the mark, but this time your comments are accurate.

If everybody drove like a typical elderly person does, you know, adhering to the traffic laws, slow and cautious, everybody would arrive at their destinations quicker and the accident rate would greatly decrease, unfortunately most drivers lack the understanding, and perhaps the basic math skill to realize this. It may be important to note that there are other reasons for aggressive driving other than speed.

The upcoming full legalization of marijuana will create prison space and will free up the police, therefore the focus of the police should now be on removing all aggressive drivers from the road and placing them behind bars, where they'll have the opportunity to think about their moronic aggressive driving style. Aggressive driving is essentially the same thing as somebody pointing a firearm in your general direction and firing off a few shot, so this is something we should not longer tolerate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 04:13 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowwatertemple View Post
Normally your posts are way off the mark.

As are yours - gays brutally oppressed. You've got to be kidding me. That's a joke.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 AM

530 posts, read 1,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
Compared to FL drivers, CA drivers are surprisingly polite and courteous, even considering how much more traffic there is in CA.

That's some good stuff you smoking, must be home grown. CA, ATL, NY are far worse than FL.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:25 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
That's some good stuff you smoking, must be home grown. CA, ATL, NY are far worse than FL.
Texas and southeastern US States (with the exception of GA), are the worst for driving. Feel free to look it up.

Also, ATL is not a US State.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:35 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
^^^Yea, right.

Much better off driving in NJ than in NC. LOL!

Old 02-25-2014, 04:51 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
As are yours - gays brutally oppressed. You've got to be kidding me. That's a joke.

I agree. His post are nothing but baiting and trolling post.

Drivers are bad everywhere but we see them here because of the tons of out of state cars, rental cars etc.

Last weekend we were coming back from our new home in Sarasota after a day of working around the house and we stopped in Lakeland to eat. Go under the bridge to I-4 and an idiot with New York license plates comes blazing fast around the corner running a red light and slamming on his breaks. The idiot never looked up to see his lane had a red light. Instead of smiling and saying HEY I AM SORRY people started beeping at him to move out of the way.

Anyone who has been in Lakeland knows those stupid curved lanes under the I-4 bridge.

What does he do? Typical NY hard ass gives everyone the finger and races off like a nut right through several alert people in their cars who just saved his butt from hurting many people.

Red light runners and beeping horns to turn right on red do get annoying. If I get beeped at I just sit there and do not move. If they want to be rude I wont move.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:05 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I agree. His post are nothing but baiting and trolling post.

Drivers are bad everywhere but we see them here because of the tons of out of state cars, rental cars etc.

Last weekend we were coming back from our new home in Sarasota after a day of working around the house and we stopped in Lakeland to eat. Go under the bridge to I-4 and an idiot with New York license plates comes blazing fast around the corner running a red light and slamming on his breaks. The idiot never looked up to see his lane had a red light. Instead of smiling and saying HEY I AM SORRY people started beeping at him to move out of the way.

Anyone who has been in Lakeland knows those stupid curved lanes under the I-4 bridge.

What does he do? Typical NY hard ass gives everyone the finger and races off like a nut right through several alert people in their cars who just saved his butt from hurting many people.

Red light runners and beeping horns to turn right on red do get annoying. If I get beeped at I just sit there and do not move. If they want to be rude I wont move.

thats so rude. surprised though? not at all.

what happened to my Old Florida? if i didn't have an awesome job and family so close... i'd probably move back to the greenville sc area. its just so much..... friendlier and more my style of life and culture. i didn't think i'd say that if you would have asked me a yr ago... but since i've been back... a lot of headaches. a lot of really rude and insensitive people... a lot of ghetto mentality... it really saddens me though, b/c i still love my home state...

Old 02-25-2014, 06:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
thats so rude. surprised though? not at all.

what happened to my Old Florida? if i didn't have an awesome job and family so close... i'd probably move back to the greenville sc area. its just so much..... friendlier and more my style of life and culture. i didn't think i'd say that if you would have asked me a yr ago... but since i've been back... a lot of headaches. a lot of really rude and insensitive people... a lot of ghetto mentality... it really saddens me though, b/c i still love my home state...

Sorry Common. Sad that the state you grew up in has turned into a location for many misfits, mean and rude people and we all know it draws the worst of the worst.

There are still many helpful friendly neighbors etc around as in my neighborhood I am leaving when we move over to Sarasota. My area does not have those type of people in it.

Then we all have to go outside of that safety zone and have to deal with these people.

Why Greenville?

What saddens me is the fact that we are lucky enough to live in a beautiful place with great weather, lots of things to do, water all around us etc and have to share it with people who do not appreciate it, take care of it and want to ruin it.

For me, I like the old Florida like you do. As a kid I came here for many vacations and like it the old Florida way. I like progress but too much has ruined the old Florida I grew up seeing.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:24 PM

116 posts, read 169,356 times
Quote:
Good sir, right now, a governor of USA state is considering signing a bill that would make it acceptable for businesses to oppress gay people based on moronic so called religious beliefs. There are also people posting stories about their closeted gay husbands assaulting gay people at Disney world for acting gay and then justifying it through a bunch of nonsense claims about gay people, so even if you are not fully prepared to label it as brutal oppression, certainly you'd concede that gay people do at least face some oppression in the USA that is not justified.

How would you like to be holding hands with your wife at Disney World and then be forced to deal with some attractive, in shape, closeted gay former college linebacker, 7-11 employee assaulting you because he does not find your clothing to be fashionable enough?

Old 02-25-2014, 06:35 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowwatertemple View Post

When will the brutal oppression end, and freedom prevail in Florida?
For your education: real brutal oppression......
Ugandan leader signs harsh anti-gay bill despite warning from Obama administration - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida