Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 03:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamierenae View Post
INTERESTING they all had the same look what a bunch of freeloaders.... tax the rich? well the rich are the ones that supply the jobs... is anyone thinking clear?????
Yes yes raise my middle income taxes and give more money to the super rich they'll surely create enough jobs to get us out of this mess....Wont they?
With that logic and the fact that they have most of the money already how much more money are we going to have to give them to create the 20-30 million jobs needed to make America a happy place again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 02:23 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamierenae View Post
INTERESTING they all had the same look what a bunch of freeloaders.... tax the rich? well the rich are the ones that supply the jobs... is anyone thinking clear?????
The rich do not supply jobs, nor are the required to.

Business owners and corporations hire people in an effort to acquire the human capital needed to make the business money. If someone gets rich off of this, then so be it. But simply "having money" does not employee a single person.

In regards to class struggle, a rich person obtained their riches from the labor of people, without that labor, the rich would not be rich. Likewise, the labor obtained their compensation due to the ability of the business, without that business, the labor would not have compensation.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:32 PM

109 posts, read 207,699 times
Seems as though Occupy Orlando has dwindled in size since the first weekend.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Why not just turn them into end the Fed rallies? If the Fed is stopped from creating money out of thin air inflation would end and less jobs would be needed. One person would again be able to support a whole family.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Occupy Orlando is having it's first general meeting tonight at 7pm. Besides the well-publicized NYC group, chapters are up and running in:

Denver, Birmingham, Philadelphia, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Long Beach, Seattle, Portland, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Charlotte, Tucson, Tempe, Buffalo, Louisville, Spokane, Cleveland, Providence, Detroit, Nashville, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Madison and more every day.

Help get the word out of the 99% of Americans who are over-taxed and over-burdened and paying the way for the big corporations/CEOs and the uber-wealthy, who also happen to control much of what is covered by the press thanks to corporate controlling interest in media organizations.

Occupy Orlando
Today!
General Assembly Meet-Up
Wednesday, Oct. 5th
Where: Orange County Regional History Center
When : 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Why: To organize and discuss future events and occupation

Orange County Regional History Center
65 East Central Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32801

The History Center is located on the corner of Magnolia Ave. and Central Blvd. in the heart of downtown Orlando. Parking is available in the garage located across from the public library on Central Blvd. Also, the Lymmo bus service provides free public transportation from many spots in downtown Orlando.
[+] Rate this post positively
Jesus. You people need to wake up and understand where the problem is.

The problem is not the 1%. Most of the 1% earn that because they take a lot more risk than the other 99%. They are the one who created the jobs for you and me.

The problem is Washington and the corruption within it.

If you are going to Occupied, go occupy the state capital.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:43 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
I have a good job. I am paid well. I have health insurance. Yadda, yadda, yadda.....

I AM OUTRAGED by what's happening to more and more people in this country. Count me in.
I'd be more than happy to pay more taxes to live in a more just society.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
In regards to class struggle, a rich person obtained their riches from the labor of people, without that labor, the rich would not be rich. Likewise, the labor obtained their compensation due to the ability of the business, without that business, the labor would not have compensation.
Is i t fair that someone who started off poor and became rich through hard work, risk and sacrifice to have more of their money taken away? Essentially being penalized for being successful?

Most people want to work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Self made rich folks who started with nothing most likely work 12 - 15 hours a day 6 - 7 days a week, plus risked all their life savings and likely made little to no money for quite some time. Many people who start their own businesses fail and those that are successful are supposed to be penalized?

The American Dream used to be the more you work, risk and sacrifice the more you COULD be rewarded. This created an innovative and forward thinking society.

The NEW American Dream is - I should be able to work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and be able to own a home, go on vacation, drive a new car, have a smartphone, yadda yadda.

As far as bailouts and wealthy corporation go. If you tax them too high, they'll leave, but they also shouldn't be able to get away with everything that they do either.

The American Political system is the issue. Washington has become corrupted since they are legally allowed to accept money from Lobbyist and Special Interest groups. All Senators and Congressmen are rather wealthy. Once you get into office, you get paid.... simple as that. Of our representatives will take the money and vote accordingly. Special interest groups need to be eliminated and people need to vote in representatives that live in the real world... not profession Capitol Hill politicians.

I got an idea. Instead of occupying Wall Street, maybe we should... oh I dunno... OCCUPY THE VOTING BOOTH!

Old 10-28-2011, 11:26 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
No one is complaining about individual people being wealthy.

Well, maybe some people are, but most don't care about that.

It's the corporations and the banks that people are complaining about. So, when you are talking about special interest groups influencing the government, you are exactly right and you are saying the same thing "the 99%" are.

Unfortunately, there is no one to vote for who does not owe special interests in one way or another anymore. I have no idea who I will vote for this time around.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:34 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
No one is complaining about individual people being wealthy.

Well, maybe some people are, but most don't care about that.

It's the corporations and the banks that people are complaining about. So, when you are talking about special interest groups influencing the government, you are exactly right and you are saying the same thing "the 99%" are.

Unfortunately, there is no one to vote for who does not owe special interests in one way or another anymore. I have no idea who I will vote for this time around.
I think a lot of these people have a hatred to wealthy people who earned their money. Take this for an example:

Weekend boat show a site of Occupy demonstration - Sun Sentinel

Guess they don't realize that by buying boats, wealthier people create jobs, maintaining the boats, cleaning the boats, driving the boats, selling the boats, making GPS's for the boats, making radios, engines..... The list goes on and on. No common sense to these people at all and no basic principles of economics when they want to complain about what a expensive boat represents. They need to put everything on Washington. Stop going to the banks, stop being annoying and unhealthy and a public distrubance by camping out and causing problems. Go to DC and complain to the members of congress, call their offices, and vote them out if you want. Want to protest fine, does it have to be overnight? Do you have to walk in the streets? Do you have to throw bottles and rocks at police officers.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:41 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post

I hear ya.

A good start would be voting neither Republican or Democrat. Libertarian, Green Party or Independent anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida