U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:25 AM

1,023 posts, read 2,991,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangglide99 View Post
You're putting out some nasty negativity, good job.

I have worked for this countries largest production builder, DR Horton, and for a high end custom builder, Arthur Rutenberg. I have sold pre-construction when the market was sizzling, and condo conversions when the market was turning. Never, and I mean Never, have I seen an unrepresented person save money by not having an agent at their side. But I'm sure that you are the exception, huh.

Anyone with an 8th grade reading comprehension level would have seen that I referenced Orlando, and said nothing specific about Tradition or WPB...my advice was freely given from my perspective as a working professional with experience as a builders rep and an independent contractor.

Smile today
I can't find my post to OldTimer's comment, but I said the same thing as you. He is wrong.... I work for a Fortune 500 production homebuilder too! Nice to see someone else out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 12:51 PM

4,271 posts, read 6,842,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Oh, No. Don't trust the real estate attorney. In this case, remember they only get paid when you close on the deal. They don't get paid if you chose not to close. I hired a real estate attorney before. He joined the realtor to pressure me to close on a mold infested house. Luckily for me, my friend's brother jumped in (he is also a real estate attorney). He called the attorney and gave him some "friendly" suggestions. In the end, I was able to walk away. But if I am not a family friend, no one will stick their neck out.

If you hire a lawyer and pay him by the hour ($300/hour) and the lawyer is not going to handle your closing (own the title company), you may get some good advice.

Also several months ago, there is a lawyer who own a title company in Vero Beach took all the escrow money and gone. Any update on the story...

DO NOT TRUST A REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY WHO OWNS THE TITLE COMPANY THAT IS GOING TO HANDLE YOUR CLOSING.

LingLing.. I am a Realtor myself - 25 years worth - and telling people NOT to go to an attorney to help close their home is just plain WRONG. Do you have any idea how many times an attorney saved someone from closing on something that wasn't what it was said to be? Possibly YOU have had a bad experience with one but in all the 25 years I have been in the business, I have NOT. Don't steer people away from the one LEGAL source they have when they try to deal with an owner themselves and have NO IDEA what they're doing.

Mod deleted A Realtor who deals in Traditions and is actually HONEST with customer and always have been.. for 25 plus years and counting. I have my own personal reputation to keep as well and always have. I also sleep well at night.

Last edited by sunrico90; 02-29-2008 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Keep you name of the post

Old 02-29-2008, 01:01 PM

4,723 posts, read 12,399,712 times
I'm with whoever said about 2-5 years from now.....why buy now, you haven't seen anything yet, especially in Florida!

Before I ever moved anywhere, I would rent for six to eight months....we have so much to choose from on the market, it's ridiculous.

Take your time, you'll be surprised at the prices in another six to 12 months.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:04 PM

4,271 posts, read 6,842,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
Actually Hangglide99 is not wrong at all. I work for a builder, and we do not do anything with the price for using an agent. A builder makes a huge margin, and the 10K they are paying a realtor is like asking for a dime or two from your wallet. It's ludicrous. That realtor commission is such chump change. Don't you think the builder is also paying for the sales person sitting in the office...believe me, that was LONG ago built in. If you happen to not use one, the builder wins...you don't get 10K off b/c you were foolish enough to negotiate a deal without one. I'm not a realtor (I work in the executive office), nor am I am fan of them in most instances, but the poster is not wrong to suggest it to someone who is obviously not savvy at navigating this type of transaction. Whether or not Hangglide knows the area, the point is made that you should use an "ethical", knowledgeable person if you want to negotiate with a multi-billion dollar builder. It's only smart. The OP is not the only home the builder is selling in there. If the OP buys a home with a realtor, but get a GREAT deal, they'll make it up on the next guy who comes in and unknowingly signs the "sticker price" contract. Trust me.....builders are out to make money. The more realtors and customers they make happy, the more money they make. It's not really a deal for deal thing with them.

THANK YOU For stating what most everyone out there does not know! I have worked for builders and in general real estate so I have been on both sides. Builders do not TACK ON a fee if you use a Realtor- it's already built in the sales cost and WILL NOT be deducted from the price if you don't use a Realtor. Why not use someone who has a more knowledge of the area and what's happening than going searching blind and possibly ending up buying the wrong thing or paying the wrong price in the wrong area.

My services as someones representative - Realtor- are FREE to the Buyer... so is all my time running around finding things, showing you what's available, my gas, my phone, my computer, and the mutiple other things Buyers don't even think about - that cost ME money out of my pocket - they don't cost the Buyer anything. I dont get paid until a buyer buys something and closes on it. That can take a year or more. I have to make a living too. Nobody works for free - even you.

Barbara

Old 02-29-2008, 02:09 PM

374 posts, read 1,494,212 times
Default Maybe you are right.

Most of the builders will take the hit and pay the RE commission. (The money comes off of their bottom line) Some want to tack it on. A Realtor looking out for the buyers will know that!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
Hangglide99:

Your advice is the most ridiculous thing I have heard from a real estate agent. The result would be to have commission tacked on on top of the house price, not to save any money. You must be desperate for income to suggest it.

But, worst of all, is sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong. Tradition is not even close to West Palm Beach. Stick to what you know.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:42 PM

253 posts, read 965,771 times
Good job lumina, I'm sure it made it easier to find a realtor and git 'R' done, right. You'll have to find ling ling when you get down and she's been a big help with the info on traditions. Enjoy and relax at the pool...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumina View Post
Thank you all for your replies. My husband and I found a realtor, put an offer in for a house and will be down by Oct. 1st if all goes well.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 AM

374 posts, read 1,494,212 times
Congratulations!!! Hope all goes well for youUsing A Realtor that knows the area (well ) is always best! Checking this forum gives you lots of input (good and bad) to help make an informative decision. There are a lot of smart people on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumina View Post
Thank you all for your replies. My husband and I found a realtor, put an offer in for a house and will be down by Oct. 1st if all goes well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or