U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 AM

548 posts, read 389,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjc View Post
We left Palm Coast 2 1/2 years ago to relocate to central Kentucky for my husband's job. WORST mistake we have ever made! I knew it would be difficult, but I really miss Palm Coast! On the up side, we did sell our house that we owned for 2 years in Indian Trails for about $95k more than we bought it for. We could move back now and pay just a bit more for a similar home than what we paid for the house that we sold. However, with hind sight being 20/20, I would have stayed put in go ol' PC!!
Hang in there if you do want to move back. Prices are just starting to drop. Wait another year and I bet you will get a comparable house for less than you sold for. There are also lots of great rentals available so you could rent for a while and watch the prices drop.

The best of both worlds, you will have sold high and bought again low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 08:48 PM

6 posts, read 22,908 times
Default Kentucky taxes vs Florida Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
What are the taxes compare to FL?
Local and state taxes along with property taxes are really not much better than Florida,we have the state income tax here. There is no such thing as homestead exemption here, but our property taxes in a rural area are about the same as when we were in Palm Coast, Florida. I would like to see how much homeowners insurance has gone up since we left! Overall, my auto and homeowners insurances did not go down much when we moved here.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,708 times
Default Hello in FL

My family and I have been researching a move to FL. We used to live in Leesburg, FL and would love to return to warmer weather. When we look for homes, Palm Coast seems to have resonable, nice homes. We're hoping to relocate by July '08. Can someone tell me about the schools in the area? I have a third grader. I'd also like some info on daycare. I also have an 18 mo. old.

I currently work in Senior Servies. I've worked many Amin an accounting jobs. I'm hoping I can find something I'll enjoy there.

I'd appreciate any info.

Thank you

Old 12-16-2007, 10:30 AM

132 posts, read 92,753 times
Just a note to some of you people living in Palm Coast....esp the one living in Seminole Woods.....I used to live down US 1, near there in Plantation Bay, and have driven past that area numerous times....
I look at the area and see "ALL"" those """DRY"" pine trees, and ask myself, what those houses would look like with a good coat of fire all over them...

People really have short memories.....drive north to Matanzas, and see the devastation of the 1998 fires....

How's that old saying go???.....

Insanity, is doing the same thing over, and over, but expecting a different result....

ARE PEOPLE NUTS TO BUILD HOUSES THAT CLOSE TO DRY TINDER???
And then wonder why their HOI is so high.....

Old 12-18-2007, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,649 times
Hi:

I'm new to this forum. I was searching for info about Palm Coast on the internet and found your post. I actually live in Puerto Rico and my husband and I are desperately thinking about moving to Palm Coast. The cost of living in Puerto Rico is getting to high to manage. Everything is hiking up...water, electricity, food shopping; my God pretty much everything. And work is getting scarcer every day. But as you know, when it comes to relocating, fears start to set in. We're looking to move to a nice, calm and family oriented city. How is Palm Coast? How's the cost of living, schools, family oriented activities, housing, work, criminality? Can you shed any light? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
Just thought I would give an update since we moved here to Palm Coast.
We have been here for close to 2 months now and so far its wonderful!
I want to post this for anyone who is thinking about moving here.
We live in Seminole Woods and just love it because its not far from everyone but not too close either.
Our neighbors are so nice too, and the kids love it here!
I do understand what some people say about it not being a BIG city and how some things are spread out.
Palm Coast is NOT Orlando, but its not that small either. It has everything in it that we would ever want and its just a short drive to Daytona or St. Augustine for other things too like malls etc.
Its just a beautiful city that I am so proud to call home!
LOL, I almost dont want to tell anyone how great it is because to us its like a little paradise!
Flagler beach is awesome, and not as crowded as Daytona, and only 3 miles from our subdivision.

Anyway, so far, we love it here and so glad that we moved! If you are thinking about moving to Palm Coast, feel free to pm me anytime!

Jen

Old 12-19-2007, 02:37 PM

200 posts, read 616,559 times
I live in PC and have lived here going on 15 years. It has changed so much and getting more expensive everyday. We are actually considering LEAVING PC - too crowded. The city's population grew too fast for it. The roads are very congested now - sure not like NYC or LA but for a little town it is packed. We are finally getting a Super Target, and others ...we have both Lowes and HDepot but all smaller "boxed stores" since we are not really a metropolitan to their criteria. So many times we still have to travel to DAYTONA to get the items we needed from HDEPOT or LOWES. I am a teacher and the schools are good, some crowded more than others - 30 to 1 ratio. We seem to build a new school every other year if not every year which means higher taxes. With the new vote coming in JANUARY we may lose our Homestead (bad mistake if we do). I think if that does happen there will be a many leaving FL. Too expensive to stay.
As of yesterday we lost our HOMEOWNERS insurance. Sent us a notice that as of 4/28/08 (when our policy expires) it will cease and not be renewed. They are pulling out of FLORIDA completely. Just like All State and State Farm. FLORIDA has an "expensive" rate, it said....that is so sad. Now trying to locate a home owners insurance that is in our price range. So really be sure about the move to PC. Check out all the hidden details. Property taxes, Insurance, and so on. Wait until after JAN to see what the STATE VOTES on...that is my "motherly advice!" =}
But ONE GORGEOUS BIG POSITIVE POINT ABOUT PC - the winters are FABULOUS!! Right now it is 76 and sunny!! =)

Old 12-20-2007, 03:17 PM

975 posts, read 3,430,054 times
how is the shopping in Palm Coast? ARe there anY big malls?

Old 12-21-2007, 09:02 AM

200 posts, read 616,559 times
No malls...yet.
We are getting a TOWN CENTER - the Super Target should be opening MARCH 2008.....but the others (PETSMART, LINENS and THINGS, ROSS, etc) no specific dates on those though. The closest "MALL" is once again in DAYTONA (32 miles south). The LOWES just opened up, have had the HDEPOT for a few years now. Nice grocery shopping......the Town Center should be up in it's prime in about 5-10 years. Cinema, spa, huge fancy hotel, trails, and more.
Here is a nice web site about the TOWN CENTER:

Check it out - there are many more sites of info - do a google search for TOWN CENTER PALM COAST, FL..but this one is rather good.

ps - wanted to add.....I think the main reason it has taken us so long to get any businesses truly up and running is all the permits that are required by the city of PALM COAST. I am a music teacher and wanted to start my own studio - to both adults and children. I was told to stay OUT of the Palm Coast city boundary due to the problems and hassles that the city has you go through. A friend of mine wanted to open up a new studio and saw him last night and he said it took him 2 years and 3 months to finally get all the "CITY PERMITS" completed and his "seal". Also costed him an extra $1300 just to the city for all the "officer visits" that the city permit folks had to make. Really nit and picked, he said over little stuff, and then he woudl please and settle one officer and then another one would come out and find something else to wrong.....said each visit cost him $40. WOW! So hopefully you are NOT an entrepreneuer.

WIth my research, I found out it costs LESS to be a store/business owner in ORMOND BEACH...which really makes no sense. Ormond has MUCH MORE to offer. A lot of the community here in PC are retired folks and do not know about the hassles of the city and govt...but as more young folks are moving in and no real good paying jobs, they want to start their own business......that is why if you go out on US1 towards BUNNELL (out of the city boundary about 2 miles) there are SO MANY NEW BUSINESSES POPPING UP! New construction....etc. EVEN CHURCHES are hassled - two new ones are up out there on this US 1 stretch, as well - no longer in the city. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you are wanting to start your own biz.

If you are retired, you will love it here....traffic is nuts but you SHOULD enjoy it if you avoid the heavy hours. (I teach many senior citizens as well, and they all want lessons AFTER 9:30 AM and BEFORE 3 PM).....other wise they hate to drive that traffic. Just a thought...so the MALL may be coming but it will be years!

Last edited by sunrico90; 12-21-2007 at 09:19 AM..

Old 12-21-2007, 10:41 AM

8 posts, read 29,638 times
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Old 04-05-2008, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,385 times
Thumbs up For those of you who want to move to Palm Coast

School Grades:

Flagler County School Grades - Education News Story - WESH Orlando (http://www.wesh.com/education/13596962/detail.html - broken link)

Ive lived in Palm Coast since 2000. I also have two children, a 5 year old who will be going to kindergarden this year and my 3 year old will be 4 in May.
They are both in the VPK program right now and doing excellent. Actually my 3 year old is not eligible for the reduced rate of course because of his age, but his school acknowledged that he would be bored amongst the other 3 year olds and moved him ahead. He will repeat it again next year because he will not be old enough to start kindergarden this year, but at least he will have his skills down to a T.

As for crime, I cant say too much about it. I moved to Palm Coast from West Palm Beach, nothing is comparable. Everything is better here in every way.

There are a lot of places to rent around here, homes or duplexes. Homes are decently priced, especially now. It definitly is a buyers market. The whole towns neighborhoods are made into sections. Some are newer, some are older, some are nicer than others. In the C section, all of the homes are on saltwater canals, so of course those are more pricey. The new F section is also nice. The other side of town is getting the new Town Center and another Publix. Also the Super Target and the stores that will come along with that. Wherever you are in Palm Coast your pretty close to the beach, usually only a couple miles.

Hope I was helpful, I dont know what else to say about Palm Coast. if you want to ask me anything else ... Im no expert, but I have my opinions

Here is some eye candy to enjoy in the meantime:

[url=http://tour.circlepix.com/tour.htm?id=648608&refurl]CirclePix Tour[/url]
click on "my listings" for more ... dont worry there not really mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or