Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:29 PM

200 posts, read 683,808 times

Advertisements

Also up in the search area of this forum, enter "PALM COAST" and you may see other postings which may answer your questions.
Let me say "Welcome" if you come, but Pirate Girl is correct - jobs are EXTREMELY TOUGH to find - but if you are retired and can live off your pension you should be fine. Even the box stores are laying off right now (Lowes, HDEPOT, but new ones are coming but the wages are very low - so be aware) Schools are laying off - will be this month. Sad to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 03:01 AM

14 posts, read 64,540 times
Default moving to Palm Coast

I am planning on moving to Palm Coast by Sept. I have a few questions...
1 Are there any less than desirable areas to purchase a home? (it all looks beautiful to me)
2 Along those same lines, Where are the nice neighborhoods, under $180,000?
3 This one is extremely important...Are dogs allowed at the beach? (ocean beach, not dog park) Any particular rules? e.g. after 5pm?
4 Estimate of insurance on a home? (no pool, $130,000-180,000)
5 Any flood zones in the area?
Thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer. I truly appreciate your time.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:35 AM

14 posts, read 64,540 times
Default hospitals

I will be working in a hospital...I see there are three FL Memorial's, Ormond, Flagler, and Oceanside. About how far are they from, say the center of PC? and do you recommend one over the other. I am a nurse in ICU..also, how feasible would Halifax be in Daytona, living in PC?
Thank you.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:04 AM

74 posts, read 173,961 times
Default Want to moved out Tennessee

We are in our sixties and moved to Greenback, Tn 2yrs ago and I do not liked the country life. We are looking to moved back to Fla (we lived in Miami,, 46ys) so this was a big adjustment for us. We are thinking about Palm Coast would liked Ormond Bch but, heard was very pricey. What areas in Palm Coast are nice for Sr Citizens on a fixed income.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM

200 posts, read 683,808 times
Pretty much every where....our homes are less than Ormond and so are the taxes. Check the C section (most of that is the older section), the B is noce (where I am), oh the W is nice, too. Actually they all are, I think. You need to come and drive around to see. The home growth went WILD down here so there are some empty homes every once in awhile, which is actually great to buy but check them out to make sure no foreclosure. Good Luck!...and WELCOME if you come!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:09 PM

93 posts, read 370,978 times
Agree with TeeJay about most sections being nice. Come ahead and be sure to drive around and check out the different areas. If you buy an existing home be sure to get a home inspector. You coudl check on-line ahead of time by going to realtor.com and get an idea of prices and locations. Definitely good deals to be had. It all depends on what your wants and needs are. Good Luck!

Old 11-20-2008, 01:19 PM

18 posts, read 65,151 times
Having spent a lot of time in the Palm Coast area, I can honestly say that all the different areas have a lot to offer - both good & bad. Everything has their pros & cons. All I can say is ride around each section & spend some time there to get a feel for what it has to offer. PC has a little bit of everything & offers a heluva lot. You just need to better acquiant yourself, see & feel how you'll fit in, what your comfort zone it like, how much privacy you're looking for, whether if there are mostly young or old there, how many children are in the area, what the road conditions are like, if the neighbors are friendly, if there is good up keep of the yards & so on & so forth. Usually the better kept the yards are & good upkeeping of the homes is a sure sign & clear indication that the area has more class, is richer, is safer, is a better place to live & more.

I've seen all kinds of people there of all ages & all levels, both poor & wealthy, different ethic backgrounds & more. There are both good & very bad drivers there but isn't it that way pretty much everywhere now? The parks are nice & clean in PC & surrounding areas, the beaches could be better as I'm used to nice soft white suger sand beaches of NJ & there are no oceanside boardwalks in FL like there are in NJ. But if I were to say what are my reasons for wanting to live there the chief #1 reason would be to live in one of those beautiful, modern, open spacious split floor plan, bright & airy homes that are much more suitable to my lifestyle. The 2nd top reason would be to be in a better climate with no more snow, road salt & ice or at least not as much of it as in the NE. All that sunshine will give me a more positive outlook & will chase away the blues & any depression. And my 3rd reason would be to live where the atmosphere is slower paced & more laid back & where for the most part, the folks are a lot nicer & friendlier.

These are just some of my thoughts based on my experiences in PC.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,562 times
Default want 2move to PC,is it a good time to do it?

my husband and i are about to move to PC,we have a 1y old...and we badly want to move out of NJ,,,the only thing is how is it with the employment over there, are there any jobs or no. What is the next best market after medical and truck field. please any info about PC appreciated.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 AM

3 posts, read 5,404 times
My family and I are moving to Palm Coast soon. I'm nervous about the Florida wheather that I keep hearing about. The flooding, severe storms, and hurricanes. How has it been since you've been there? How did you feel about the wheather before you moved there, and how do you feel about it now? I was so glad to read your letter, because as a family; we have been looking forward to movng there. My 6 year old son is legally blind. We will be placing him in school at St. Augustine's School for the Blind in July 2010. Tell me everthing you know about Palm Coast. Start with the good--- smile.

Val,

Old 05-16-2010, 07:24 PM

191 posts, read 632,772 times
I lived there 2 years and did not like it. It's just sections and houses nothing really built up you do have jax and orlando close by but it just wasn't for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida