U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Where is the friendiest most conservative place in Florida?
Tallahassee 3 13.64%
Jacksonville 3 13.64%
Gainesville 1 4.55%
Ocala 5 22.73%
Orlando 2 9.09%
Tampa/St. Petersburg 1 4.55%
Melbourne area 0 0%
Sarasota/Bradenton 2 9.09%
Ft. Myers/Cape Coral 0 0%
Fort Lauderdale/Miami area 2 9.09%
Other (please name the city/town that I may have left out) 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2011, 05:07 AM
 
11,449 posts, read 10,625,155 times
Reputation: 7859
Conservative places in Florida? You can blindly throw darts at a map and hit one almost every time. In terms of friendly and conservative I would say similarly there isn't a geographic pattern here. If you like cities, I would say Orlando, Tampa and Jacksonville would provide good options. If you want to be on the coast places like Ft Walton Beach or Pensacola would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2011, 11:36 AM
 
69 posts, read 75,928 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
probably the panhandle will suit you....I am assuming that "friendly" would mean friendly to other religious conservatives?
I am talking about people kind towards others and are not cold! The reason I say conservative is because the city that I live in now I don't fit in here cause of my style. Why should I change my looks, my warm heart and my religion to fit into a certain city. This is who I am. I am treated poorly because of the way I look and act (which is very kind towards others), that was how I was raised.
It is not like I have kids or a husband or anything right now that I have to stay here, I do have the option of moving right now and find a town or city where I feel more welcomed.
Thank you all for your KIND and GENTLE advice.
PS I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A DEBATE HERE JUST KIND GENTLE ADVICE, THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM
 
9,824 posts, read 15,291,136 times
Reputation: 7344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
Greetings,
I am hoping to relocate to a city or town that is very friendly and is more on the conservative side (I am talking on the Religious sense). Is there such a place here in Florida?
Thank you kindly for your kind answers.
Tulip - are you looking for very small town, medium city, or large city? Keep in mind there are many places that could fit your criteria, but even within individual towns, what neighborhood you live in can make all the difference. In general I find the inland towns and cities more conservative than some coast ones, but that is just a generality. We used to live in the very small town of Dade City, 30 miles north of Tampa - conservative, lots of churches and very, very friendly. We also used to live in Lakeland, population near 100,000, lots of churches, and we found it also to be very very friendly.

So, a lot depends on what you are looking for. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 11:52 AM
 
7,902 posts, read 5,036,469 times
Reputation: 3117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
Greetings,
I am hoping to relocate to a city or town that is very friendly and is more on the conservative side (I am talking on the Religious sense). Is there such a place here in Florida?
Thank you kindly for your kind answers.
Tallahassee is very friendly.

But it's been run by Democrats since the Spanish left, so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM
 
603 posts, read 369,495 times
Reputation: 910
I've always enjoyed my stops in Tallahassee. People are friendly there, and in the panhandle in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 PM
 
7,213 posts, read 7,453,568 times
Reputation: 9194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
I am talking about people kind towards others and are not cold! The reason I say conservative is because the city that I live in now I don't fit in here cause of my style. Why should I change my looks, my warm heart and my religion to fit into a certain city. This is who I am. I am treated poorly because of the way I look and act (which is very kind towards others), that was how I was raised.
It is not like I have kids or a husband or anything right now that I have to stay here, I do have the option of moving right now and find a town or city where I feel more welcomed.
Thank you all for your KIND and GENTLE advice.
PS I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A DEBATE HERE JUST KIND GENTLE ADVICE, THANK YOU
It sounds like you're looking for a southern feel where people will chat on line in the grocery store, smile, make eye contact and say "excuse me" back when you say "excuse me".

I would look at the Panhandle. As others have suggested the further north in FL you go, the further south you go.

I wouldn't look at the Tampa or Orlando areas as neither area would win any friendly/courteous contests in regards to driving or interactions in public places.

It isn't the natives for the most part, it is the many transplants who seem to bring the worst manners from whatever area they have come from.

Not all of course, but enough to where is noticeable.

You might find conservative but you won't find friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 PM
 
2,618 posts, read 2,322,995 times
Reputation: 3111
Friendly and conservative is an oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Niceville, FL
4,366 posts, read 7,699,290 times
Reputation: 2909
On the surface, it sounds like the coastal panhandle is what you're looking for. Just keep in mind that if you actually expect people to live up to 'good Christian values', you're going to hit terrible corruption and dishonesty in the state whether you're in Pensacola or Miami and whether someone claims to be liberal or conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 08:46 PM
 
3,219 posts, read 3,713,740 times
Reputation: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
I am talking about people kind towards others and are not cold! The reason I say conservative is because the city that I live in now I don't fit in here cause of my style. Why should I change my looks, my warm heart and my religion to fit into a certain city. This is who I am. I am treated poorly because of the way I look and act (which is very kind towards others), that was how I was raised.
It is not like I have kids or a husband or anything right now that I have to stay here, I do have the option of moving right now and find a town or city where I feel more welcomed.
Thank you all for your KIND and GENTLE advice.
PS I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A DEBATE HERE JUST KIND GENTLE ADVICE, THANK YOU
Why are you set on FL then? There are far more conservative states like LA, MS, AL, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 PM
 
2,491 posts, read 1,843,557 times
Reputation: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
Friendly and conservative is an oxymoron.
I'm friendly and a conservative! Shocking isn't it?!

It's certainly nice to meet you ipoetry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top