U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:09 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,392,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
they may suspend your license, but apparently it's okay to be president or VP and have multiple DWIs in your past
http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3910b26e685a.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 11:00 AM

2,949 posts, read 12,156,326 times
Be glad this is all that happened victorytampa and thank you for sharing a valued lesson learned. Thank God, you didn't kill or maim anyone.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 AM

72 posts, read 364,153 times
I find it interesting how people and government alike are against drunk driving, not just in Florida but everywhere. Sure local law enforcement post statistics regarding how many offenders they've taken off the road and communities rant and rave about stiffer penalties hoewver, this is all "after the fact". Seems no one gets involved where it counts, at the source, the institutions that serve the alcohol! Why not make breath analyzers available at these institutions? Perhaps there's too much money to be made from drunk driving as described in the opening post! I don't believe public safety is in the best interest when it comes to law enforcement and drunk driving but rather the revenue generated from it. I don't see bars, taverns etc. providing a solution. It seems this may hurt the image of a good time, like that which is shown in alcohol commercials and ads. Getting caught is a very lucrative business and don't think otherwise. Going back to the original post, how much was put aside for DUI Victim Impact Panes? It's stated everywhere that alcohol impaires one's judgement, so how can one know when is enough and make the right decision? Law enforcement can't even answer this without the use of a breath analyzer? Imagine a check point before leaving a bar, tavern where one would submit to a breath analyzer before leaving the establishment. Maybe this is where law enforcement should have it's chekpoint stationed rather than a few miles down the road! Bottom line, $$$$$$$.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpeed View Post
I find it interesting how people and government alike are against drunk driving, not just in Florida but everywhere. Sure local law enforcement post statistics regarding how many offenders they've taken off the road and communities rant and rave about stiffer penalties hoewver, this is all "after the fact". Seems no one gets involved where it counts, at the source, the institutions that serve the alcohol! Why not make breath analyzers available at these institutions? Perhaps there's too much money to be made from drunk driving as described in the opening post! I don't believe public safety is in the best interest when it comes to law enforcement and drunk driving but rather the revenue generated from it. I don't see bars, taverns etc. providing a solution. It seems this may hurt the image of a good time, like that which is shown in alcohol commercials and ads. Getting caught is a very lucrative business and don't think otherwise. Going back to the original post, how much was put aside for DUI Victim Impact Panes? It's stated everywhere that alcohol impaires one's judgement, so how can one know when is enough and make the right decision? Law enforcement can't even answer this without the use of a breath analyzer? Imagine a check point before leaving a bar, tavern where one would submit to a breath analyzer before leaving the establishment. Maybe this is where law enforcement should have it's chekpoint stationed rather than a few miles down the road! Bottom line, $$$$$$$.
Because they haven't broken any law.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:24 PM

Why wait? Why not be proactive? I guess if no crime is commited no fines are collected as well! I could use the tobacco industry as an example, or perhaps hand guns. I hear a lot about eliminating hand guns BEFORE getting to the street, why not have the communities best interest in mind when it comes alcohol?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Why wait? Why not be proactive? I guess if no crime is commited no fines are collected as well! I could use the tobacco industry as an example, or perhaps hand guns. I hear a lot about eliminating hand guns BEFORE getting to the street, why not have the communities best interest in mind when it comes alcohol?
If you made any sense I would comment. Maybe you can get a sign and stand on a corner somewhere.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:00 PM

Please elaborate on "If you made any sense I would comment. Maybe you can get a sign and stand on a corner somewhere." You took the time to post that, surley you can take the time to add on to it.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Please elaborate on "If you made any sense I would comment. Maybe you can get a sign and stand on a corner somewhere." You took the time to post that, surley you can take the time to add on to it.
Read your statements, read my comment, nothing needs to be added.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:23 PM

Don't want to play the "back & forth" thing here. I'm sure most reading understand.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Don't want to play the "back & forth" thing here. I'm sure most reading understand.
Then to answer your question, nothing that you said are real world solutions or possibilities that can ever happen, so there is no point to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or