U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2006, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,372 times

Advertisements

I have recently acquired my US Visa and plan on moving to Frostproof , FL , I will be looking for a reasonably priced 1 bedroom apartment in a family based area and employment , If anyone could help me out I would certainly appreciate it! I am currently working security and would be happy to send my resume or referances.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-01-2012 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: [contact info cut out by request]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2006, 04:41 PM

3 posts, read 8,666 times
Good luck on getting any response from sending a resume. My wife has been sending them for about a year and has only received one response. She did not get the job only a phone interview. She is a CPA in Kentucky and has spent the last 5 years in Healthcare as Assistant Controller for a Hospital Chain in their Division of Clinics. There are a lot of jobs listed on internet sites that she is more than qualified for but for some reason a resume does not get a response. I cannot figure out why they list the jobs and then do not give a response when someone sends in a resume.

Some friends we have in Florida said to come on down that she sure could find a job with her qualifications. I don't think we will try that. I am disabled from a back injury in 2000 so we can't take a chance like that.

I have been reading a lot on these forums and I sure would not take a chance on getting a job after moving and do not think most of the people on these forums that already live in Florida would recommend it. But 20 years ago I probably would have headed that way and worried about a job when I got there.

I would love to live in Florida but I am now starting to doubt if my wife will be able to find employment that would be able to support us with my disability.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:05 PM

165 posts, read 605,034 times
Smile moving...

I can talk more about looking for an apartment. First check out web sites on local real estate and especially apartments for rent. Many are free and they don't bother you by referring you to a real estate agent. Try realtor.com or some sites like aol, msn, netscape, or yahoo. Also check city-data.com or some similar site to find out about the area....income, house prices, married to unmarried, city or suburban or rural...... Obviously people living in cheaper houses with lower incomes will tell you something. (Hey, I am in a lower rent district....but I knew ahead of time and am soo happy with my choice.) You then may want to contact one or several real estate agents and get their input. Tell them what kind of neighborhood you want to live in..... This is one time that most are reasonably honest......they do try to fit you in your kind of place.....they do want referrals.....and there are places in all price ranges. You don't have to take any apartment they offer....but if somebody really helps you, I would send a reasonably priced gift or a small check. Hope I helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or