U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:55 PM

4 posts, read 26,181 times

Advertisements

we are planning to purchase a home from toll brothers in estero florida. they have a lot of inventory ho0mes and want 449.000 for the one we like. What shoud we offer? Would 400000 be to low?| Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 05:05 PM

2,903 posts, read 10,924,521 times
I'm sorry, but no one could advise you based on what little is posted. A decision that big should be made with the benefit of wise counselors who know the home, the other homes in the area, your situation, the market, etc.

Are others interested in the house? How motivated are the sellers? What did a home inspection reveal? How about a comparative market analysis ?

You can always go up, ya can't easily go down.....and there are always other houses and deals. Good luck. In the end YOU have to be happy with the deal you make.

Frank D.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:43 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,075,541 times
How big is the home? How much land is it on? Is there a lake or canal?

You really have not given us much info.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:16 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,123,447 times
i would start out lower than higher, you never know!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:51 PM

627 posts, read 2,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluie0308 View Post
we are planning to purchase a home from toll brothers in estero florida. they have a lot of inventory ho0mes and want 449.000 for the one we like. What shoud we offer? Would 400000 be to low?| Thanks
NO, not at all!

I have been in RE for over 12 yrs, and I would still say NO, not at all! All they can do is say NO! Go for it!!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:13 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,397,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
NO, not at all!

I have been in RE for over 12 yrs, and I would still say NO, not at all! All they can do is say NO! Go for it!!
I have a question for you. I was in Ocala a few days ago and although it was not on my radar I had to see someone there and it got my interest. I started looking on here for Ocala stuff and you come up a lot, but I can't seem to tell if you like it or hate it.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I have a question for you. I was in Ocala a few days ago and although it was not on my radar I had to see someone there and it got my interest. I started looking on here for Ocala stuff and you come up a lot, but I can't seem to tell if you like it or hate it.
I just (and mean JUST) moved into my new home in Belleview FL (just outside of Ocala). I LOVE my house, it is an old 1960 flat roofed true Florida home! I love Belleview, the city (small as it is) and the schools. I can walk to the stores and local eateries!!! YEAH! My taxes are not bad and they pick my garbage up twice a week! LOL

I know that Ocala is very "Country", but I like the area. I love that we are out of Marion Oaks, but, there are some GREAT deals in there on foreclosed homes right now!!! I just got notice of a HUGE preice reduction on a newer (less than 36 months old) home... listed at under $170K. this home sold for $260K and is on a half acre lot. We just wanted to be "In Town", Marion Oaks is NOT that at all!

It is not that bad here. I like everything except for my medical care (I got spoiled, I guess)

Oh, my kids LOVE the schools in Belleview too!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 08:26 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,397,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
I just (and mean JUST) moved into my new home in Belleview FL (just outside of Ocala). I LOVE my house, it is an old 1960 flat roofed true Florida home! I love Belleview, the city (small as it is) and the schools. I can walk to the stores and local eateries!!! YEAH! My taxes are not bad and they pick my garbage up twice a week! LOL

I know that Ocala is very "Country", but I like the area. I love that we are out of Marion Oaks, but, there are some GREAT deals in there on foreclosed homes right now!!! I just got notice of a HUGE preice reduction on a newer (less than 36 months old) home... listed at under $170K. this home sold for $260K and is on a half acre lot. We just wanted to be "In Town", Marion Oaks is NOT that at all!

It is not that bad here. I like everything except for my medical care (I got spoiled, I guess)

Oh, my kids LOVE the schools in Belleview too!!!!!!
This was your one quote I could not understand.

"But if you like Bugs, Bad Drivers, Traffic Woes, Over-Crowded Schools, Overpriced Homes, Grossly High Tax Assessments, Bumpy / Pot-holed Roads, Waking up to Fresh Smoky Air (from “controlled” burning at night), Lots of Sex-Offenders, and you do not need to go to the Doctor or ER, you will LOVE Ocala"

I got the impression you hate it there.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:52 PM

34 posts, read 64,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluie0308 View Post
I found the house i like in Vero . Bulider asked 340K . I offered 300K .
The say <No> . One month later they called me and say <We have good
news for you . We can sale that house for 290K> . Now i say <no> ...
I'll wait little more ...

Old 09-14-2007, 06:30 AM

Default That is another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
This was your one quote I could not understand.

"But if you like Bugs, Bad Drivers, Traffic Woes, Over-Crowded Schools, Overpriced Homes, Grossly High Tax Assessments, Bumpy / Pot-holed Roads, Waking up to Fresh Smoky Air (from “controlled” burning at night), Lots of Sex-Offenders, and you do not need to go to the Doctor or ER, you will LOVE Ocala"

I got the impression you hate it there.
I hate Marion Oaks... It is all that is stated above. I Love being "in town". The High School is bad there too.

Back to the Subject,

Definitely offer low... I used the foreclosed home in an above post to show that prices are still over-inflated. Now, this home is surrounded by about 8 or so other homes all listed above $200K and not a one of them are selling, at least three have been on the market for 8 months or more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida