Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Seriously, what the hell is your problem? If people are going to trash my home state especially when I've done nothing but pay compliments to yours, then I'm going to defend my home state! Yeah, we're not blessed with beautiful weather 12 months out of the year like Florida! DUH! We've taken a hit in manufacturing jobs sure(BTW what type of manufacturing is there in Florida again?) Do you guys actually manufacture anything down there other than meth? Were it not for the folks from places like Ohio, Michigan, PA and other rust belt areas you all would have NOTHING! Now I realize a lot of manufacturing jobs have left the US for cheaper labor, but the rust belt is where the majority of the manufacturing was done in this country. Furthermore, remind me again how YOUR economy is doing again? Seems to me your economy has taken quite a hit, and if it weren't for us northerners visiting your state in droves you wouldn't have near the tourism dollars that you do now. Sure you'd still have farming and fishing, but oops, get a big freeze, and that goes out the window.

I like your state. I really do. I have a lot of great memories of visiting Florida. But I'm still fond of my home state, and it's hardworking people, and I'm not going to sit here and put up with someone bashing it. I don't care if it's the Florida forum or not! So no, I won't accept it!

But I digress. My response was regarding the OP stating that in fairness to Urban Meyer he is originally from here. You can't fault him for wanting to return home and taking the opportunity to be back with family and friends. It wasn't meant to add to the OP's obvious attempt to bash Florida.

Umm I couldn't help but notice how you said everything you said about Florida, (Not taking offense to it at all, this is between you and dude) but how can you say everything I highlighted in green, then pull the red flag and say what you said everything I highlighted in red?

I'd have a hard time telling if you like Florida or not. Just saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Umm I couldn't help but notice how you said everything you said about Florida, (Not taking offense to it at all, this is between you and dude) but how can you say everything I highlighted in green, then pull the red flag and say what you said everything I highlighted in red?

I'd have a hard time telling if you like Florida or not. Just saying

Well, he started trashing my state, so I gave a little back. Every state has it's positives and negatives. But again, if you trash my state, I'm going to defend it, and throw a few digs back. I didn't want it to go that route in the first place, but he wants to continue with his dribble about how horrible Ohio and it's residents are, so I figured I'd give a little back. You can only push someone one so much. Honestly, I hate the weather in my state from October through April, and given the opportunity I would spend my winters down there, and return home around May, as then I'd have the best of both worlds, and can enjoy the beauty our Summer up here, as they really are nice (wish they were longer). But that is quite a bit down the road. But with that said, if weather were the ONLY determining factor as to whether I stay or go, I would have left a long time ago. Again, I'm focusing on the positives of my home, and it's not ALL doom and gloom.

I hope I've clarified my stance.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:59 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Wow. Someone from a southern state referencing Ohioans as toothless inbreds? That's rich!
FL isn't a "southern" state the way LA, MS or AL is. TX and FL are in their own category and have a much bigger and more diverse cities than any of those "southern states"

Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Urban Meyer won 2 National championships with the Gators, so I like him.

I do think that he left for 2 reasons... his health (at the time wasn't as good as he would have liked it to be) and also the fact that Tebow, Harvin, Pouncey, Spikes, Hayden, Dunlap and Hernandez all left for the NFL.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:20 PM

258 posts, read 614,590 times
People of Central Florida remind me of religious zealots in the middle east.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:23 PM

258 posts, read 614,590 times
Most have no life, so they look to UF sports as an obsession ...

Old 11-30-2011, 06:21 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
stop defending ohio so vehemently in every thread. it sucks. accept it.
Ohio is pretty much the worst.

I have plenty of family from there, and it blows, the ones who remained can more or less pound sand.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:00 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Ohio is pretty much the worst.

I have plenty of family from there, and it blows, the ones who remained can more or less pound sand.
i have several friends from there. none of them still live there. one even moved to arkansas for a "better life."

yeah.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:28 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,881 times
Quote:
Well, he started trashing my state, so I gave a little back. Every state has it's positives and negatives. But again, if you trash my state, I'm going to defend it, and throw a few digs back. I didn't want it to go that route in the first place, but he wants to continue with his dribble about how horrible Ohio and it's residents are, so I figured I'd give a little back. You can only push someone one so much. Honestly, I hate the weather in my state from October through April, and given the opportunity I would spend my winters down there, and return home around May, as then I'd have the best of both worlds, and can enjoy the beauty our Summer up here, as they really are nice (wish they were longer). But that is quite a bit down the road. But with that said, if weather were the ONLY determining factor as to whether I stay or go, I would have left a long time ago. Again, I'm focusing on the positives of my home, and it's not ALL doom and gloom.

I hope I've clarified my stance.

I was just asking thats all. I understand. I just made a thread with the similar beliefs of "Home State" vs "People's Prospective". I honeslty don't like Ohio. or dislike it, but I'm not goign tot rash it. I understand. I was just confused about the last part but it's cleared up now.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:04 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
I was just asking thats all. I understand. I just made a thread with the similar beliefs of "Home State" vs "People's Prospective". I honeslty don't like Ohio. or dislike it, but I'm not goign tot rash it. I understand. I was just confused about the last part but it's cleared up now.

I skimmed through your thread, and I agree that there is good and bad in every state. It's what you make of it. Again, I have had nothing but good experiences in my visits to your state. It is beautiful. I see a lot of complaints that it's flat, and that people hate palm trees...ect. Which BTW, I don't understand how ANYONE could hate a palm tree. I love them myself. Heck, I have a pic on the background on my PC here at work looking up through a bunch of coconut palms! When I look out the window and see snow, at least I can see a little slice of paradise, even though it is virtual. Just for the record though, today while chilly isn't bad, as it's wall to wall sunshine, and not a cloud in the sky. In December in Ohio being one of the gloomiest months, wall to wall sunshine is a bonus. At any rate, the fact that Florida is flat doesn't bother me either. A lot of Ohio is flat too. And again, given the right opportunity I would definitely consider living in Florida. But, I wouldn't blindly move there without a plan, just to escape the winters up here, as that is just not practical right now. If weather were the only reason for me to move to Florida, I'd have left Ohio a long time ago! Someday though I would like to be able to spend a portion of the winter down there. The ideal thing for myself and my wife would be to stay up here and experience Fall, and going into the holiday season. My wife does like Fall, and she feels that is the one thing that she would miss. Myself, I could go either way, as Fall just means heading toward Winter, and while it is pretty, the peak for change in foliage is very short, and then we have to wait until May to see leaves on the trees again. But even so, at least to get a taste of the change in seasons. Then, right after New Years head down there, and not come back until around Mother's Day when everything is starting to bloom. Yeah, I know we would then be snowbirds, but we aren't obnoxious, nor are we bad drivers, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida