U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 AM

6,312 posts, read 12,193,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
No, it's pretty simple. You have somebody you don't like, you shoot them, kill them, and then frame it to look like it was self defense. As I said, dead people can't talk.

Doggie, really?
Dead people can't talk that is correct. That is why the police need to speak to everyone that heard/saw something that night. We don't know if Zimmerman didn't like Martin as of yet. I've been on a few juries and you can't assume anything, you have to go by the facts that are presented. Just because someone doesn't like someone, doesn't mean they will kill that person. Plenty of people in this world have people they dislike, does that mean they go and kill them, no. We can't make the jump between disliking someone to going and killing them in the courts, thats how the court of public opinion may work not our court system though.

I'm not defending either side, I just think we need to let the justice system work ... so that we can hear all sides to what happened that night, before we can decide what actually happened that night.

Last edited by doggiebus; 03-28-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 AM

10,584 posts, read 4,221,620 times
Standing your ground is just that - standing - not moving forward in chase and hunt mode....it is like self defence..you retreat...when possible...when not possible -YOU STAND YOUR GROUND..IF the threat is in retreat...you do not aggress............because the confrontation at that point is OVER.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM

4,679 posts, read 4,652,979 times
Quote:
Name a witness in the Zimmerman case.

Do you really believe you couldn't make yourself bleed if you wanted to? I could cut myself up really good and say it was the other guy.

I'll say it again: DEAD PEOPLE CANNOT TALK! Don't you understand that? The living person can write the story however they wish.
Oh yeah, within the minutes of the struggle, gun shot, and police showing up, Zimmerman had one of THESE moments...

Liar Liar: Toilet Scene - I'm Kicking my Ass - YouTube

Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 PM

10,584 posts, read 4,221,620 times
The shooter sounded as if he was limited intellectually. Terms like "waist band"...suggest a gun..Zimmerman states he is reaching into his waist band.as..if a makeshift gun holster...BEFORE.. he actually sees a gun..the shooter seemed to be wishfully dreaming and hoping that there was a gun to justify his lust to kill............................................wh ere the STAND YOUR GROUND law fails to apply.......is when the shooter is told not to follow...Zimmerman...is not holding his ground..he has left h8is ground and the law should not apply..

Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 PM

128 posts, read 94,391 times
He did not see a gun , there was no gun , he was looking for an issue , we all know he used a racists slur , you don't live there I did , he cant be racists I know of a kid who is half Italian half Chinese and drives a monster truck and has a Confederate flag so he can try and fit in .

Anyone can have a racists attitude and anyone can be part of the redneck agenda , Hispanics , Italians , anyone .

This maybe a nationwide movement but recall the gun law started in Florida , racism has always been here and at one time Orlando area or Appoka / Sanford had a white male population that admittedly so was 75% KKK , trust that I can show proof .

Zimmerman wanted to be a cop.

His Dad was a judge .

He had an assault on an officer .

He had been arrested before.

He had called the Sanford 50 times in the past year.

He failed to qualify to become a cop.

Old people are always on black people and young people walking anywhere near their homes they are OCD paranoid.

No one has seen one photo of him that shows he suffered a broken nose or a cut to the back of the head .

there was no proof he was treated at the Sanford hospital and released .

He was never finger printed .

he was never drug tested . if he was why are there no records of this.

If you like I can go on for roughly 10 pages if need be.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/ta...-ku-klux-klan/

Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 PM

3,219 posts, read 3,715,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I'm not defending either side, I just think we need to let the justice system work ... so that we can hear all sides to what happened that night, before we can decide what actually happened that night.
I don't disagree with that, but this is about the stand your ground law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Oh yeah, within the minutes of the struggle, gun shot, and police showing up, Zimmerman had one of THESE moments...

Liar Liar: Toilet Scene - I'm Kicking my Ass - YouTube
Tell me how long it takes to draw blood from yourself. I could punch myself and get it done in about 3 seconds.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 PM

4,679 posts, read 4,652,979 times
Quote:
Tell me how long it takes to draw blood from yourself. I could punch myself and get it done in about 3 seconds.
I've never tried, but I'm sure it would take more than a pinch.

I also know that I wouldn't have the balls to punch myself in the nose and make it bleed, I'd rather take a shot to the gut than to the nose. Also, how do you propose he made the back of his head bleed ? Did he pistol whip himself from behind ?

Old 03-28-2012, 10:57 PM

7,213 posts, read 7,457,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Considering I do not plan on being an impending threat to someone, I like the law. Want to avoid being killed under this law? Don;t be rude to other people and shrug things off.

Because of this law I will not
- Get out of my car in road rage
- Never approach a person's property in an aggressive
- Physically threaten someone
- Break into someone's home

If they do any of these things to me I can shoot them. Work for me.
But you can't say that you don't plan on being an impending threat unless you can read someone elses mind.

It is what the person with the gun who perceives the threat.

Not you.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:02 PM

7,213 posts, read 7,457,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I had no idea this law is in 20 states and counting, this makes no sense. You want to protect your home or your family it's one thing but to kill someone in a park over a skateboard?

Iraq War veteran killed; widow says Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law is free pass for murder | ksdk.com

Exactly, you have a lot of dummies who really think this law gives them carte blanche to shoot anyone over anything.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 AM

3,219 posts, read 3,715,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I've never tried, but I'm sure it would take more than a pinch.

I also know that I wouldn't have the balls to punch myself in the nose and make it bleed, I'd rather take a shot to the gut than to the nose. Also, how do you propose he made the back of his head bleed ? Did he pistol whip himself from behind ?
If you just murdered somebody, I think you could find the balls to hurt yourself to make it look like you were using self defense.

Apparently he was not bruised or bleeding...
Trayvon Martin Video Shows No Blood or Bruises on George Zimmerman - Yahoo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida