U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-28-2007, 02:13 PM
 
47 posts, read 144,313 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Hey there everyone, quick question. Does anyone know about car insurance rates in Hollywood Florida?? I am looking to move there in about 6 months, I have a 2004 Dodge Caravan that's paid off. I'm wondering about liability and full coverage rates. From what I've read so far, it looks like each city creates different rates. Any info on that?? All comments welcome and appreciated.

PS. I currently pay about $900 a year for liability in NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
 
35 posts, read 121,475 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2FL View Post
Hey there everyone, quick question. Does anyone know about car insurance rates in Hollywood Florida?? I am looking to move there in about 6 months, I have a 2004 Dodge Caravan that's paid off. I'm wondering about liability and full coverage rates. From what I've read so far, it looks like each city creates different rates. Any info on that?? All comments welcome and appreciated.

PS. I currently pay about $900 a year for liability in NJ.

Have you tried getting an online quote from a company such as Geico, or your current insurance company? Insurance rate vary from place to place, but also vary based on YOUR driving record and credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2007, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Naples
672 posts, read 688,379 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by essessemm View Post
Have you tried getting an online quote from a company such as Geico, or your current insurance company? Insurance rate vary from place to place, but also vary based on YOUR driving record and credit.
Geico is more in Florida than the NY/NJ area. I have had Geico for over 10 years and even covered my under 25 daughter. Geico is A LOT more here, even without my daughter covered.

I have never had an accident, not even a parking ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
 
35 posts, read 121,475 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
Geico is more in Florida than the NY/NJ area. I have had Geico for over 10 years and even covered my under 25 daughter. Geico is A LOT more here, even without my daughter covered.

I have never had an accident, not even a parking ticket.
I have progressive myself. My point, though was that the rate also depends on the individual. The easiest way to get an accurate feel would be to get a quote online from one of the major companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:39 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top