Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:16 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_scene View Post
It's good do hear an outsiders opinion of my city, thanks. But if I moved, it would be out of the southeastern US for sure. I want something very different from FL. I'd be more apt to moving to a large city in the upper midwest than a southeastern city.

Just look at this jewel of a city, it's already captured me in it's seduction. Surely there's room for just one more person there.

Flyover Los Angeles (HD 1080p) - YouTube
Hey my brother just moved to LA 6 months ago.. Cause u know FLa is boring and all that jazz. He's 22 btw. He said he's never seen so much trash and homeless or traffic in his life . He said la is best seen from the highway while driving past. Oh and he said good luck finding anyone who speaks a lick of English said there are wU more Hispanics and Latinos there than Miami plus the gangs. He rents a COUCH in someone's home for $700 a month so he doesn't have to dish out 1200 for a studio apt in a non gang ridden part of LA..in Orlando he had a 4 bedroom apt for 1000 a month near boardwalk Disney.. So have fun in LA be sure to send a post card!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
Quote:
It's good do hear an outsiders opinion of my city, thanks. But if I moved, it would be out of the southeastern US for sure. I want something very different from FL. I'd be more apt to moving to a large city in the upper midwest than a southeastern city.

Just look at this jewel of a city, it's already captured me in it's seduction. Surely there's room for just one more person there.

Flyover Los Angeles (HD 1080p) - YouTube
it's hard to take you seriously when you prefer L.A. over anywhere else.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:45 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
The street people handing out business cards for hookers is a nice touch for Vegas.....WTF is the city thinking by allowing this to occur!
Maybe because they realize they have better things to do than police actions between two consenting adults.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Hey my brother just moved to LA 6 months ago.. Cause u know FLa is boring and all that jazz. He's 22 btw. He said he's never seen so much trash and homeless or traffic in his life . He said la is best seen from the highway while driving past. Oh and he said good luck finding anyone who speaks a lick of English said there are wU more Hispanics and Latinos there than Miami plus the gangs. He rents a COUCH in someone's home for $700 a month so he doesn't have to dish out 1200 for a studio apt in a non gang ridden part of LA..in Orlando he had a 4 bedroom apt for 1000 a month near boardwalk Disney.. So have fun in LA be sure to send a post card!
Miami has WAY more non-english speaking latino immigrants than Los Angeles.

Last edited by allenk893; 01-17-2012 at 09:05 AM..

Old 01-17-2012, 09:31 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
it's hard to take you seriously when you prefer L.A. over anywhere else.
Right, that's why there is a show on the Home & Garden channel called Selling LA (a follow up to my other favorite, Selling New York). But I don't see one called Selling Tampa, not in my TV guide anyway. Maybe you should send a recommendation to the producers though.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
Quote:
Right, that's why there is a show on the Home & Garden channel called Selling LA (a follow up to my other favorite, Selling New York). But I don't see one called Selling Tampa, not in my TV guide anyway. Maybe you should send a recommendation to the producers though.
ohhhhh! that's why we should all move there, right? because there's a tv show about real estate on a channel that 10 housewives watch.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:50 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Los Angeles County has about 46% Hispanic population of which about 20% does not speak english well or at all which would be around 912,000.

Miami-Dade County has about 61% Hispanic population of which about 27.5% do not speak english well or at all which would be around 450,000

Seems you are WAY wrong.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 PM

54 posts, read 217,199 times
Except for snakes New Mexico checks all your boxes Desert Scene. This native Floridian and native spouse got sick of the crowds, noise and unfriendly people. We spent the last 14 yrs there. I loved it, but missed FL too. All our family are still here and many good friends. It's nice to be back, but I already feel that laid back easy way I developed there slipping away. Visit. You'll like it. We lived in Silver City- a nice small town.
Check out their City Data forum.
In general AZ is hotter and more expensive than NM... with the exception of Santa Fe.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 AM

29 posts, read 63,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

I would say yea because look where Florida at. It's border by Cuba and Caribbean. But California is bigger than Florida so I think they have more non speaking english immigrants.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:55 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,977,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Los Angeles County has about 46% Hispanic population of which about 20% does not speak english well or at all which would be around 912,000.

Miami-Dade County has about 61% Hispanic population of which about 27.5% do not speak english well or at all which would be around 450,000

Seems you are WAY wrong.
Did you not read the figures in your own post?

LA County: 46% Latino
Miami-Dade: 61% Latino

Not sure where you got the % of the Latino/Hispanic population that does not speak English? But the numbers (i.e. "proportion") still favors LA over Miami (more English proficiency).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida