U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:39 PM

29 posts, read 57,804 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how many of you still like Tebow and how he's doing now since they in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM

10,576 posts, read 10,792,849 times
I think most gators, myself included, have continued to watch tebow in the pros. Great game against the steelers today.

Also, it helps us forget how much he has been missed since he left gainesville. The gators could really use him now :/

Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 PM

6,582 posts, read 6,791,980 times
We love Tebow!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM

1,717 posts, read 2,612,759 times
Of course and I you gotta love him even more when he makes the naysayers look like fools and the haters even angrier. I suspect if he ever breaks down or doesn't cut the mustard in the NFL, Tampa Bay Bucs would certainly sign him.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,754,110 times
Well we are die hard Giant and Saints Fan both of us from NY, but DH always loved the saints as well so he will be very happy if the Giants, Saints or the Bronco's make it all the way We love Tebow in our House and that was a great game today...We lived in Colorado for 5.5 yrs... when Elway was the quarterback and always liked the Team...

Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 PM

334 posts, read 981,951 times
Tebow seems to be a great good luck charm. Whenever he plays, the Broncos kicker is able to squeak out a win for the team!

Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 PM

258 posts, read 528,343 times
This thread is proof how much we idolize kids playing professional sports. And Tebow is a kid. The thing is, pro sports and pro athletes is big business. A lot of money to be made by many people, across the board. UF makes a lot of money, agents, managers, assistants, trainers, doctors, etc. I question all the Jesus stuff and 3rd world help he is involved in, and the publicity he pushes, and it‘s all over the airways. Tebow’s personal life is personal, and he should keep it that way. If Tebow wants to volunteer and help a 3rd world country, then please do it without any press and publicity. The late great Actor Marlon Brando helped a lot of poverty stricken people in FP and around the world. But word never got out because Brando didn't like or want publicity. Tebow, like most professional athletes ... they make ungodly amounts of money playing a game of uncontrolled violence where the key is to physically take your opponent out of the game. And if that means cutting him below the knees and tearing his MCL or ACL ... so be it. Because it’s unwritten code to do so. In fact many NFL owners pay big bonus money ( under the table ) to players who physically take out their opponent, or an injury should occur disabling a key player on the opposing team. All the while teachers, police officers and firemen ( California excluded ) make less than $28k.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:01 AM

4,597 posts, read 3,380,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
This thread is proof how much we idolize kids playing professional sports. And Tebow is a kid. The thing is, pro sports and pro athletes is big business. A lot of money to be made by many people, across the board. UF makes a lot of money, agents, managers, assistants, trainers, doctors, etc. I question all the Jesus stuff and 3rd world help he is involved in, and the publicity he pushes, and it‘s all over the airways. Tebow’s personal life is personal, and he should keep it that way. If Tebow wants to volunteer and help a 3rd world country, then please do it without any press and publicity. The late great Actor Marlon Brando helped a lot of poverty stricken people in FP and around the world. But word never got out because Brando didn't like or want publicity. Tebow, like most professional athletes ... they make ungodly amounts of money playing a game of uncontrolled violence where the key is to physically take your opponent out of the game. And if that means cutting him below the knees and tearing his MCL or ACL ... so be it. Because it’s unwritten code to do so. In fact many NFL owners pay big bonus money ( under the table ) to players who physically take out their opponent, or an injury should occur disabling a key player on the opposing team. All the while teachers, police officers and firemen ( California excluded ) make less than $28k.
***Off Topic***

If Tebow wants to broadcast his help to 3rd world countries, good for him. Maybe he'll inspire today's youth to be something other than hoodlums, thieves, gang members, or just plain losers.

Also, please cite some tangible evidence of an owner paying big bucks to physically take out their opponent. Or is that your opinion ? And what do that have to do with Tebow ?

Last edited by doggiebus; 01-18-2012 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: Stick to the topic please.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:46 AM

10,576 posts, read 10,792,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
Tebow started and performed much of his mission and charity work overseas before he even playing for college football, pretty much nullifying most of your argument.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 AM

7,928 posts, read 17,754,110 times
I have to tell you, which roll model would you rather have your kid ...yes lets face it kids to idolize stars however, I know I would rather him or her model a player that is well rounded than players who beat their wives and girlfriends...and and Im sorry but to say he does his "Tebow" for publicity is insane...he was doing it before he went pro...He seems like a great kid and I think its wonderful that he is doing what he is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida