U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:33 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,819,521 times

Advertisements

There are areas in Volusia County Florida that are filled with drug addicts, drug dealers, criminals, thieves, and thugs!!! They creep into decent neighborhoods to steal your belongings and the cops do absolutely NOTHING about it!!!

The scumbags know they can get away with this because the cops don't care and are inept!! A neighbor's brand new truck was stolen (IN BROAD DAYLIGHT), when he called the cops he got a ticket for over $100 because his spare key was in the truck. They did nothing to try and find the truck!!

My neighbor took a ride through the "seedy" side of town (a few days after it was stolen) and low and behold the thief was driving around in his truck!!! He followed the criminal, called 911 while he was following him, thief parked the truck entered a residence and my neighbor waited for the cops. Cops NEVER SHOWED UP!!!!

Thief came out of residence, neighbor followed while on phone with cops, thief noticed he was being followed and floored it!!! Neighbor didn't want to endanger lives so he backed off, COPS NEVER SHOWED!!!

I will tell you this about Volusia County...the CRIMINALS RUN THE JOINT!! This is just a snippet of what goes on in this county!! The criminals are so incredibly brazen...why....because they get away with so much!!! I have personally witnessed these brazen criminals in action on many occasions! My SO and I have chased one down who broke into our van and another that attempted to break into my car and van again!!! BROAD DAYLIGHT!!!

I'm sure the CDers that live in Volusia County know exactly what I speak of!!!!

"Just Saying"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 05:10 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,579,094 times
Yep, some areas are pretty bad, but it's not really fair to blast the entire county.

Where do you live that there are so many break-ins and thefts?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 AM

345 posts, read 820,209 times
I'm assuming you are talking about some of the more undesirable areas of Daytona.

I lived in DeLand for 4 years and loved it.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 AM

26,589 posts, read 52,947,716 times
Left the key in the truck = stupid is as stupid does.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:55 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,158,216 times
I have a friend who lives in Deltona. Her car was stolen from her driveway.

Same thing happened where I live in Lake County to a friend of one of my former co-workers.

In Florida, if it ain't bolted down, it's gone. (sad but true)

My friend in grad school lost his motorcycle in 1996. Others in my apt complex lost their trailer.

Latest news from my town is the hole-in-the-wall Chinese place was robbed, and another lady had 9 koi fish taken from her indoor patio pond. Then there was the rash of A/C units - 10 taken from area businesses.

The veneer is coming apart here.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:56 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,158,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It doesn't sound like he had the key in the ignition or something.

A spare was hidden in there somewhere. We don't know if that was used to steal it, or if it was hot wired.

My friend in Deltona certainly didn't have a spare in her car.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:40 PM

1,717 posts, read 2,502,548 times
I feel your pain OP. I drove my g/f's truck to work one morning and it's in July so I left the windows open and threw the keys under the front seat. It wasn't more than 15 feet from the back door of my work area. I go out for morning break and ....NO TRUCK!!!

I immedietely call the Sheriff and they say since it's not my truck that my g/f would have to drive down from an hour away and fill out a police report, nothing like giving the thief a nice hour head start.

Two days later they call me at 2am and say we've found your truck and arrested a immigrant carnival worker, come get your truck or we're going to impound it. I say I'm tired I actually work for a living, not steal trucks, can't you just have a deputy go park it in Walgreens at the intersection where they made the arrest and I'll come get it in the morning. No can do, so they impound it. G/F presses charges, carny scum is held for about seven days playing the no speaka da English act and saying day let me , what you say, bowwow the truck. They release him and drop the charges.

And to the one who remarked stupid is as stupid does, in my case it wouldn't have mattered if the key was in or not, with a clutch all one would need is a coathanger to unlock it , get a running start, insert a screwdriver in the ignition, pop the clutch and they're driving. I definetly don't wish it on you, but if your property is ever broken into and you have impact resistant windows, state of the art door technology, alarm systems, video survalliance...all of which could be breached by skilled criminals, the same saying could be applied because you didn't have 3 guard dogs running about in the house. Yeah, justify the commission of 2 felonies and blame it on the victim.....you oughtta run for Judge or Sheriff in your next County election.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Hmm... more like criminal is as criminal does!!! I don't care if the keys were in the ignition and the truck was running!! It does NOT GIVE any scumbag the right to take it!!
Funny how car theft stings are set-up by LE with keys in the ignition and running, scumbag takes the bait, pulled over and arrested, a thief is a thief is a thief no matter how you slice it or tried to blame the victim!!!

Old 01-14-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I have a friend who lives in Deltona. Her car was stolen from her driveway.

Same thing happened where I live in Lake County to a friend of one of my former co-workers.

In Florida, if it ain't bolted down, it's gone. (sad but true)

My friend in grad school lost his motorcycle in 1996. Others in my apt complex lost their trailer.

Latest news from my town is the hole-in-the-wall Chinese place was robbed, and another lady had 9 koi fish taken from her indoor patio pond. Then there was the rash of A/C units - 10 taken from area businesses.

The veneer is coming apart here.

So right! It isn't paradise in Florida, never was! We're not in "Disneyland" anymore!!

Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 PM

515 posts, read 1,103,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
My neighbor took a ride through the "seedy" side of town (a few days after it was stolen) and low and behold the thief was driving around in his truck!!! He followed the criminal, called 911 while he was following him, thief parked the truck entered a residence and my neighbor waited for the cops. Cops NEVER SHOWED UP!!!!
Let me guess...your neighbor actually knows who the "thief" is, right? Claiming that the keys were in the vehicle and then miraculously finding it in a county where there are tens of thousands of cars out there is just way too much of a coincidence. Your neighbor loaned his truck to someone, didn't get it back, and is reporting it stolen so the police get it back for him. Happens ALL the time. People don't just find their stolen vehicles out of the blue. I'm sure your neighbor isn't telling you the whole story, as the common theme with these types of cases is that the vehicle is usually traded for drugs.

Last edited by Occifer; 01-14-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or