U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 20,375 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Doral, FL but we are thinking about moving to Weston and Boca Raton.
We are a Latino family, my two children (10 and 4 years) belong to a swim team (out of Doral because there is no public swimming pool), studied in a good elementary school , the older child (4 grade) is in gifted program (but for budget problems are, his classroom share kids of 3rd and 4th grade and my little boy (1 grade) has 35 partners in his classroom.
The reason we want to move is that we wamt more organized city, more familiar and where my children have better educational options and can also belong to a swim team.
I thought about the option of Weston and Boca Raton, but I'm not sure. I could give your opinion?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 AM

11,636 posts, read 20,378,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loarab View Post
I currently live in Doral, FL but we are thinking about moving to Weston and Boca Raton.
We are a Latino family, my two children (10 and 4 years) belong to a swim team (out of Doral because there is no public swimming pool), studied in a good elementary school , the older child (4 grade) is in gifted program (but for budget problems are, his classroom share kids of 3rd and 4th grade and my little boy (1 grade) has 35 partners in his classroom.
The reason we want to move is that we wamt more organized city, more familiar and where my children have better educational options and can also belong to a swim team.
I thought about the option of Weston and Boca Raton, but I'm not sure. I could give your opinion?

thanks
Weston and Boca are both very nice cities. Both are upscale, clean and well organized cities. You will find a larger latino population in Weston, but I think you would be fine in Boca. Boca has many more retired people than Weston, but it not 100% retirees.

I do not know about schools in Boca but the schools in Weston are better than average. I think that since you live so close you should take a day or two off from work and visit both places.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 AM

7,928 posts, read 17,754,110 times
We live in Boca and are extremely happy with our schools and our children are doing very well....feel free to ask any questions..We looked at Weston but felt overall that Boca suited our family needs more than Weston Did, with that I have a childhood friend who teaches in weston and in her professional opinion the schools here in central boca are just as good as the schools in weston....Weston is newer in terms of housing than Boca....

Good Luck

Old 02-06-2012, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 20,375 times
Thank you very much for reply.
Last Saturday, we went up to Boca to see the schools (elementary) in the area, residential areas and went to Sugar Sand Park, my kids were delighted.
Which area would you recommend?, I need one where my children can have friends you can go out and play, I would not place me in a zone of retirees.
You know swimming teams? That elementary schools do you recommend?

Thanks a lot

Old 02-06-2012, 02:15 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,754,110 times
Del Prado Elem, Omni Middle...you can look in zip code (33434 and 33433 are Del Prado) and Some of 33433 might be Verde Elem 33496 is for Calusa..Our Daughter attend school there for 2 years and it was a good school although when I had visited del prado I would rather have sent her there..All my neighbors are very happy here with Del Prado..
both my kids swam competitively my son is a junior in HS and just stopped and he swam at FLA in Boca
Ft lauderdale Aquatics....

Good Luck

Retirees for the most part are in the country clubs and the adult 55 communities...not too many in Family housing developments...

Old 02-08-2012, 08:37 PM

10,090 posts, read 12,151,050 times
Both towns were associated with Arvida at one point. Weston was an Arvida vision from day one whereas Boca already existed when Arvida started building neighborhoods. Broken Sound, Timbercreek, Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club were all Arvida projects.

Just a little trivia........ARVIDA was an acronym for Arthur Vining Davis (his first 2 letters of each name). He was a pionner in master planned developments).

Old 07-26-2015, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 5,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
We live in Boca and are extremely happy with our schools and our children are doing very well....feel free to ask any questions..We looked at Weston but felt overall that Boca suited our family needs more than Weston Did, with that I have a childhood friend who teaches in weston and in her professional opinion the schools here in central boca are just as good as the schools in weston....Weston is newer in terms of housing than Boca....

Good Luck
Can you help my?
We are planing on movin to boca.. I have 2 boys
11 and 12 years old. In searching for a place to rent but i whant
To know first which public middle school is better before we rent the house.
Im nervous because they have allways Be in a private school.
We are from a latino country.
Thks!!

Old 07-26-2015, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Del Prado Elem, Omni Middle...you can look in zip code (33434 and 33433 are Del Prado) and Some of 33433 might be Verde Elem 33496 is for Calusa..Our Daughter attend school there for 2 years and it was a good school although when I had visited del prado I would rather have sent her there..All my neighbors are very happy here with Del Prado..
both my kids swam competitively my son is a junior in HS and just stopped and he swam at FLA in Boca
Ft lauderdale Aquatics....

Good Luck

Retirees for the most part are in the country clubs and the adult 55 communities...not too many in Family housing developments...

Hello..
Can you recommend my a great!! middle school for my boys
Please!!!!

Old 07-27-2015, 12:35 AM

17,878 posts, read 17,716,836 times
I prefer Boca Raton because it feels like its own city, where as Weston feels like a neighborhood in the Fort Lauderdale area. Boca Raton also is next to the ocean as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida