Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 PM

677 posts, read 934,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You mean disservice ? No one said the parents didn't like Florida or didn't require Florida's climate to stay healthy. As far as those who bought a home here, maybe they were bamboozled by reading all of the cheerleader posts on C-D.

And contrary to what you might think, some of these haters do move out of Florida, but just post here to torture the cheerleaders.
CD wouldn't allow me to rep you again so just let me say I just loveeeeee your post (all of them) & as usual you've got me LMAO!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 06:19 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You mean disservice ? No one said the parents didn't like Florida or didn't require Florida's climate to stay healthy. As far as those who bought a home here, maybe they were bamboozled by reading all of the cheerleader posts on C-D.

And contrary to what you might think, some of these haters do move out of Florida, but just post here to torture the cheerleaders.
I agree with SassySpice LMAO...

+1

Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 PM

"Florida, It's not a game, it's a lifestyle"~hiccup~"The rules are different here"~hiccup A place where the locals enjoy the misery of others, come on down...

Old 02-08-2012, 07:51 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
"Florida, It's not a game, it's a lifestyle"~hiccup~"The rules are different here"~hiccup A place where the locals enjoy the misery of others, come on down...

Old 02-08-2012, 10:07 PM

"Florida: The rules are different here"

"Florida: It's not a game, it's a lifestyle"

Oh...the elitism and snobbery of it all!

Old 02-09-2012, 07:49 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
I had to delete many posts in this thread, as there was a lot of mud slinging.

Please stick to the topic of this thread and please be polite and respectful of other opinions.

Always remember not everyone will see eye to eye and that is ok as long as we can respect the other persons opinion.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:05 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Thanks for the clean up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I had to delete many posts in this thread, as there was a lot of mud slinging.

Please stick to the topic of this thread and please be polite and respectful of other opinions.

Always remember not everyone will see eye to eye and that is ok as long as we can respect the other persons opinion.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
it is more in being a realist instead of a complainer. Seems too many folks blame a geographical location for their unhappiness. These same people would be unhappy no matter where they were. Just like they were before they came here.
As tempting as it is to agree, I can't. I was unhappy in Ohio, but I didn't realize how unhappy I was until I moved to Florida. Just being in Florida makes me happy. I'm a cold weather person and I was very worried about the heat, humidity and bugs here, but as it turns out, I deal with it much better than expected. Surprisingly, it's the cold weather in FL that bothers me! A change of location really can affect your attitude. I'm sorry for those haven't found their happy place yet.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:42 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
As tempting as it is to agree, I can't. I was unhappy in Ohio, but I didn't realize how unhappy I was until I moved to Florida. Just being in Florida makes me happy. I'm a cold weather person and I was very worried about the heat, humidity and bugs here, but as it turns out, I deal with it much better than expected. Surprisingly, it's the cold weather in FL that bothers me! A change of location really can affect your attitude. I'm sorry for those haven't found their happy place yet.
I agree completely. Can't believe how quickly I became acclimated.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
...I was unhappy in Ohio, but I didn't realize how unhappy I was until I moved to Florida. Just being in Florida makes me happy...
Yes, that is an interesting point. We don't often realize that we actually ARE unhappy, until we experience something which improves our happiness. An interesting topic, for sure.

But, I wonder if that unhappiness was only spawned after experiencing something better? Like, I think my car is fine, but only until I drive a new car that gives me something to compare it to? I consider the new car better, thus I dislike my own car.

It is also interesting how our scumbag mind will re-adapt to an old setting. After a few days, I no longer have those "my car is a total junker" feelings, because the memories of driving the new car have subsided.

After I had the opportunity to spend time in an affluent setting in SoCal, I became much more aware that the area I was (am) living in is causing me great unhappiness. This area is poor, run down, isolated, and there isn't anything or anyone interesting here. These feelings are most powerful immediately upon return to this area, and subside over the following days as I re-adjust. It would almost be wise for people to WRITE DOWN their feelings in cases like this, so that you do not become fooled by your mind "re-adapting" to an inferior situation.

Of course, we should envy the people who appear to be happy, regardless of where they are. That would make life easier! Or maybe they only *think* they are happy, because of the mind re-adjusting, as formerly discussed.

Well, my current situation allows me to move locations at will, so that's what I am going to do. First stop, L.A. Either I will love it, or hate it.

Someday, I will check out Florida and see what it's like living in a tropical setting. Hence, why I am in this forum. I would like to spend a week or so there, and REALLY get a handle on what this "humidity" is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida