U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 05:05 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,931,630 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for places to eat in Lake City? I prefer non-chain restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 AM

79 posts, read 172,470 times
Come on down to the other end of 247 for some great "Food Options" the not so mighty Metropolis of Branford has a couple of good Choices. As you come into Town on your Left you will see the Gathering Cafe which is known for it warm and inviting decor as well as it's cuisine. There are always daily specials along with a few specialties and the Staff are knowledgeable as well. I personally like the Lunch offerings and prefer to have Amanda as my server. If you continue on to the end of the Street and take a right at the Intersection of 129 and head north to the edge of town, yeah I realize that it is only 7/10 of a mile but, on the left is Cuzin's Cafe. This is by far my favorite eatery around, Cuzin's is known far and wide as the place for Ribs. There is always a daily special here such as the daily breakfast, 6oz Sirloin, 2 Eggs, Grits and Toast for $4.99. Lunch Specials on Salads, Wings, Soups and always some sort of Plate, today is Beef Stroganoff. Dinner is always a great time with all you can eat Ribs for $10.99 and
always some sort of Seafood Offering I personally like the Clam Chowder and the Seafood Trio. These are but 2 offerings but there are others nearby as well.

Heading South from the intersection of 247 and 129 there is Sister Buffet on the right with an above average Seafood Buffet on Friday evenings and average Buffets every day at Noon. Just an 1/8 of a mile South on the Left is Nell's Country Kitchen although being run by Tammy Taylor a long time former employee of the Lewis Family. Nell's is also a Buffet style eatery probably best known for it's Breakfast Buffet although it does have a decent Seafood Buffet for $12.95 including Drink.

Heading South from here and rounding the Corner on 27 on your right is Belly Busters Sandwich shop and you can take the name literally they make a pretty mean sandwich here. Of course even in a Small Town such as Branford we do have a couple of Chain Offerings in Hardees and Subway. But I truly believe that if you are looking for a better choice in dining then choose on of the afore mentioned especially the first 2 places.

To be absolutely fair with my personal review of the Branford Eating Establishment I guess I should mention Murray's Suwannee River Cove which is just a little South of Town on the Suwannee River. However I can not offer any review beyond the name with the exception that I did have some awesome Fried Shrimp from there once but as I have never been there I can not fairly advise you the reader of thye actual quality or lack there of.

With all of this being said maybe you should take a little trip on down here and enjoy some of the offerings that we have here locally in Branford. To answer the original question of " Places to eat in Lake City" I can only think of 2 places that I would reccomend anyone to in Lake City. I like the Gondolier for a more Formal Setting but for real Southern Food it would have to be Shirley's Restaurant at 746 East Duval St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida