U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:02 PM

20 posts, read 27,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Why do you have to visit your wife's family every weekend? Seems like overkill unless they're ill or something like that.

Once a month, maybe, but every weekend?
She's insanely close with her family. We're there multiple times per week and her siblings spend at least 1 night at our house per week.

I'm considering Orlando now, but also looking into St. Pete some more. Does anyone have more info about St. Pete they can share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 04:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,201,348 times
What is it exactly what you are missing?

The vibe? The urban style or food stuffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMissTheCity View Post
I'm not looking for a replica. I'm looking for the closest thing that Florida has to offer, until I can just go back to NYC.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:29 PM

20 posts, read 27,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
What is it exactly what you are missing?

The vibe? The urban style or food stuffs?
All of the above. Something I miss a lot is just walking around Manhattan and finding random places, especially cafes and bookstores. I'm tired of having to drive every where and having to have a specific goal in mind when I leave the house, because everything is so far away.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,755,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Lake Baldwin is the only area I know for certain that is off leash. It's very close driving distance, less than 10 minutes, but I wouldn't consider it walking distance. Quite honestly I never knew most of the park here are on-leash because I see so many dogs running around. There are just so many urban parks and green spaces in Orlando no one is really around monitoring the leash laws. So unless your dog could potentially hurt someone, I guess some owners just let them run free for a bit.
Yeah they need to start enforcing leash laws with huge fines. It's a joke. You can't even go to ANY park without being harrased by off leash sometimes aggresive dogs.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM

I C the problem. That is what makes NYC unique. It's not found else where otherwise it wouldn't be unique anymore. FL is a different lifestyle also a bit unique. You do need a bigger city indeed. Sarasota does come to mind.

Quote:
All of the above. Something I miss a lot is just walking around Manhattan and finding random places, especially cafes and bookstores. I'm tired of having to drive every where and having to have a specific goal in mind when I leave the house, because everything is so far away.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:13 AM

2,932 posts, read 3,993,633 times
Quote:
The only place in Florida even remotely fitting that description is Miami.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:00 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,106,778 times
I dont know if the OP is serious or not. NYC to Homosassa? And is there anything like NYC in Florida?

LOL!!!

Short answer, NO!

And thank god...

Old 02-08-2012, 05:04 PM

2,363 posts, read 4,404,659 times
Downtown Orlando, Not right now, but the near future will be a bit MORE URBAN , nowhere near ManHattan but, a good city feel.

Miami, and downtown St. Pete!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 PM

I 2nd that emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
I dont know if the OP is serious or not. NYC to Homosassa? And is there anything like NYC in Florida?

LOL!!!

Short answer, NO!

And thank god...

Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 PM

3,849 posts, read 7,859,855 times
Quote:
She's insanely close with her family. We're there multiple times per week and her siblings spend at least 1 night at our house per week.

I'm considering Orlando now, but also looking into St. Pete some more. Does anyone have more info about St. Pete they can share?
Yeesh, sorry about that! To be close is one thing but that seems like too much!

I'd try Tampa over Orlando. In Tampa you at least have St. Pete, and Sarasota close by. I know you're not crazy about driving, but it will at least be an improvement over where you are now, provided you can't get to Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or