Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 990 times

Advertisements

To everyone at the City-Data board:

This will be my last posting on the Florida boards. Why? Because I have been warned and restricted by MbMouse (one of the moderators here) that my posts are “redundant” and that is against the forum rules. I never copy and paste anything, I write each and ever post during my lunch break and after work. I am trying to understand how I can be “redundant” while talking about a series of different subjects I addressed here, including the insurance crisis and how to protest insurance hikes and etc. I also touched crime, traffic, cost of living, urban sprawl, massive illegal immigration of criminal aliens etc. All different issues.

I have also had 3 or 4 of my posts deleted all of a suddent! Why so? No explanation. I guess a different point of view from the majority of this board and a different view is not welcome. I don't like the policy of deleting posts “just because”. I was under the impression that ALL voices and all ideas were welcome on this board, so I could help people understand FL better.

But I was wrong, the Florida Fans have the upper hand here and I go against what they say and want to portray this place. The nutties keep sending the moderators derrogatory information about me just to get me in trouble. That is pathetic. If you guys think tricking people to moving down to Central or South Florida is fun (maybe because you are a realtor or maybe because you are truly desperate to sell your house and get out of here while you still can) then go for it. But honestly, your lack of honesty is proof of what I have been trying to say: People in FL cause this place to be what it is: unfriendly, violent, and distrusting. Proof is in your hate mail to the moderator.

I wanted to add a “dose of reality” and that was not received well by some. The aggression in Orlando I sometimes mention is clearly visible here. At least out-of-state folks can see and decide for themselves. But no, you don't think that is a good thing, so you tell everyone this is Candyland and they believe it. It is too bad, they are the ones who will weep later. May their sorrow be upon you liers, sugar-coaters of a place that has been nice, but now, sucks.

In all honesty, this is NOT the only message forum I have seen of this type. And I don't have a ton of time to write messages and have them deleted. I have found this posting thing to be fun and useful to people, but I will do it elsewhere. So I am no longer posting here.

I want to thank everyone for their support, replies. It has been a fun 2 weeks. I will sometimes come and look at this board from time to time and laugh at the gross exagerations on how Florida is paradise, how there is no crime, and it's safe and still affordable. LOL That always cracks me up.

Take care. Life is calling. This post will be deleted by the rude moderator I mentioned. Don't say anything he doesn't like or you will have your post deleted too.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:16 AM

669 posts, read 3,193,804 times
Actually I see way too many negative posts. Not too many rose-colored ones anymore.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:16 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
I havent seen alot of your posts but the posts, negative or positive that simply repeat the same information without providing any new thought to a discussion is redundant and a waste of space. In many cases one person will post the same obnoxious messages in every thread. people know how others feel and saying something 3000 times does not win a debate. If you are one of those people than I can see why this happened.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:18 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
forgot to mention.....nice catch mbmouse.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
TommyJ10 or should we say Christian11
Constant bashing over and over again does not provide the informative information that people come to this site to find.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:25 AM

158 posts, read 868,566 times
I have not been here long but you sound like Mr. Doom and Gloom himself. I used to live in Florida and just can not wait to move back. I have come across many nice people in FL. Not the horrible ones you describe. There is good and bad people in any state. Maybe your gloomy attitude has something to do with how people react to you.

In any case I will be happy not to read your negative posts but I do think yes people should be able to give there opinion even it others do not agree.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:40 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
How odd....it says it's his first post.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:49 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,034 times
I don't think people should be ALWAYS negitive about Florida or about any where they live, But it is good to know about the Good The bad and the ugly when trying to relocate, People who use this Forum Soley to make a Life altering Move should really think again and do a little more home work...
Every where has its problems...

Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
To each his own I always say...i prefer this site to be informative, and not opinionated.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
I don't mind opinions so much, but some people are so negative, no matter what, and they try to turn you to their viewpoint by repeating their "facts" over and over again, ad nauseum, when some of the facts are made up in their own heads or by "polling" two or three people. You know the old saying about opinions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: