Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 06:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,825,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and beating him, and Zimmerman was calling for help.

[youtube]zEDBqvEauYU[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDBqvEauYU"]Here's an interview with the witness[/URL]
I don't know what in the world you are saying. Zimmerman was in his car, took out a gun and followed a man. You are posting an old video from February and ignoring all the new developments in the case.

Funny that you posted this, since Zimmerman himself on the 911 tapes said Trayvon was wearing a gray hoodie. This man says the victim was wearing a red sweater. So Zimmerman was lying or he was color blind?

Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,917,213 times
Quote:
No, the witness clearly said that Zimmerman was defending himself against Trayvon. Trayvon was on top beating him.
Zimmerman's own phone call to 911 was his first mistake. In order to determine who the aggressor was, you'd have to construct a timeline of the incident, itself.

The incident STARTED when Zimmerman reported a suspicious person in the neigborhood.

PAUSE.

If Zimmerman stayed put and Trayvon advanced on him- then Trayvon would be the aggressor and the Stand your Ground law would apply in Zimmerman's favor.

However, Zimmerman advanced toward Trayvon (his own 911 recording obviously confirms this) SO at this point, Zimmerman became the aggressor. Thus, he's not protected under that particular law.

Take an extreme example of what Zimmerman did that night and see if this makes sense: You see a suspicious person in your neighborhood, you call the cops. They tell you stay indoors and they'll handle it. You leave your home, follow him down the block, around the corner, onto the bus, then a train, then after a brief altercation you shoot him.

If the altercation was started by the other person you would STILL be viewed as the aggressor by the fact you chased him and he (the "suspicious person) was feeling threatened by your actions.

If the 911 calls never existed, we would never truly know at what point the incident started. Guess we can thank Zimmerman for at least creating a timeline for everyone.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,293,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Funny that you posted this, since Zimmerman himself on the 911 tapes said Trayvon was wearing a gray hoodie. This man says the victim was wearing a red sweater. So Zimmerman was lying or he was color blind?
The witness very clearly says "The person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass and I believe he was dead".

Don't you see how you're destroying your credibility by lying about something so easily disproven?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Zimmerman's own phone call to 911 was his first mistake. In order to determine who the aggressor was, you'd have to construct a timeline of the incident, itself.

The incident STARTED when Zimmerman reported a suspicious person in the neigborhood.

PAUSE.

If Zimmerman stayed put and Trayvon advanced on him- then Trayvon would be the aggressor and the Stand your Ground law would apply in Zimmerman's favor.

However, Zimmerman advanced toward Trayvon (his own 911 recording obviously confirms this) SO at this point, Zimmerman became the aggressor.
Nice try, but walking up to someone and talking to them is not aggression. It does not justify attacking someone and trying to beat them to death.

Look, don't try to pretend that there is some legal way to prosecute Zimmerman. There isn't. What's going to happen is simple bullying. The Feds are going to do their usual game, throwing a bunch of unconstitutional charges at the poor guy which he won't be able to afford to defend himself from. A plea bargain will be reached and all you racists will rejoice.

In the future, neighborhood watchmen won't be able to speak to burglars, and burglars and their kin will rejoice.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Nice try, but walking up to someone and talking to them is not aggression. It does not justify attacking someone and trying to beat them to death.

Look, don't try to pretend that there is some legal way to prosecute Zimmerman. There isn't. What's going to happen is simple bullying. The Feds are going to do their usual game, throwing a bunch of unconstitutional charges at the poor guy which he won't be able to afford to defend himself from. A plea bargain will be reached and all you racists will rejoice.

In the future, neighborhood watchmen won't be able to speak to burglars, and burglars and their kin will rejoice.
Read the law.

Not one person I know in law enforcement can make sense of his actions. I doubt you're even familiar with that statute.

You tell me, what is the purpose of going out and "SPEAKING to burglars"? That's the most ludicrous statement I've heard so far. If Zimmerman was so threatened, why would he approach him?

I support a law that allows me to defend myself if I'm being attacked- the law for justifiable force (if you actually read it) excludes protection for those who "Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself" and it goes on to explain the exceptions to those conditions.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Florida View Post
if U trespass on my property or enter my home without my consent, you'll be looking at end of my COLT 45. my DAD taught me to respect others AND dont trespass on other people's property. THANKS DAD.

BLACK, WHITE, RED, GREEN ........... if U come on my property without my consent then expect to be shot.
Jesus Christ, not another one of these people...

Dude, if you are going to own a "colt 45", you need to know when you can legally use it.

Re-read your statement and think really hard about the highlighted part...

You shoot someone for trespassing, you are going to jail for murder, period...

Old 03-23-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:

And another thing YOU as a STRANGER- do NOT have the right to dare speak to me or attempt to detain me because of your own suspicions. You are not a member of law enforcement whether you claim to be a "neighborhood watch captain" or not. You are simply just that- A STRANGER. So, if you approach me in the dark, and I feel threatened, you better believe I would fight like hell to get out of there.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Not one person I know in law enforcement can make sense of his actions.
Every single person in the world can make sense of his actions. He saw a suspicious character, talked to him, the kid freaked out and attacked him, he shot him in self defense. Wow, that was tough to figure out!

Quote:
And another thing YOU as a STRANGER- do NOT have the right to dare speak to me
Wrong. Anyone can walk up to a stranger and talk to them. To suggest otherwise is hilarious.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Every single person in the world can make sense of his actions. He saw a suspicious character, talked to him, the kid freaked out and attacked him, he shot him in self defense. Wow, that was tough to figure out!

Wrong. Anyone can walk up to a stranger and talk to them. To suggest otherwise is hilarious.

Have you crossed referenced anything that you're saying with the actual law? I don't think so. Sorry if this doesn't fit into your schema but the law supercedes your opinion on the matter. The facts are facts. There were serious missteps in the way this particular police dept. handled it and it's great that this is getting a second look.

You can call it 'bullying' all you want, but let this be a lesson to the next wanna be vigilante who finds himself biting off more than he can chew.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:01 PM

593 posts, read 884,817 times
Reckless /Negligent homocide 10-15 years resitution to family court ordered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida