Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 PM

128 posts, read 192,678 times

Advertisements

You can find out alot if you can locate where his father was a judge , Florida is a good old boy network ruled by rednecks I lived in sanford , two chiefs gone and well I assume a redneck cop will side with a German ex judges son before a black kid but what do know I only lived there.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:19 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would love to hear of some other motivation theories beyond racism. Perhaps a fear of hoodies?
"they always get away" must have meant kids in hoodies.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
"they always get away" must have meant kids in hoodies.
Dude...Get real...we all know what he meant by "they" at least those of us who "really" listened to the tapes...

Last edited by tiluha; 03-25-2012 at 03:04 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
You can find out alot if you can locate where his father was a judge , Florida is a good old boy network ruled by rednecks I lived in sanford , two chiefs gone and well I assume a redneck cop will side with a German ex judges son before a black kid but what do know I only lived there.
Interesting that you should say that in response, because I wrote a much longer post, including the felonies Zimmerman was arrested on & then expunged (giving him the legal right to a concealed weapons permit) but I'm not sure what is fact and what is rumor. That's why I deleted it.

For example, many people say he's Jewish, which doesn't matter one bit, but he was raised Catholic. If you lived in Sanford, then I guess you know more than most of us. I do have questions about the police report and lack of evidence.

First: The broken nose & deep cuts to his head. Why aren't there pictures of Zimmerman's injuries? Why didn't he get medical attention? His attorney told Anderson Cooper he needed stitches, but then couldn't give the name of a hospital where Zimmerman was treated. Did he set his own nose? Did his wife use a needle & thread to stitch up his wounds?

Second: Why does a Neighborhood Watch Captain have to get out of his vehicle to check a street name in the same community he patrols all the time? He never identified himself as a neighborhood watch volunteer during the entire 911 tape. I listened to it several times to make sure. In any case, a man who said it was too dark to recognize a street in his own community was able to describe a young, Black man as "on drugs" or "up to no good." Very puzzling.

I don't want to convict someone of a crime if he acted in self defense, but I just can't see any evidence at all that Trayvon Martin did anything that night but walk to the store and was stalked by a disturbed man with a gun.

Trayvor Martin can't speak, so we'll never hear his side of the story.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Dude...Get real...we all know what he meant by "they" at least those of us who "really" listened to the tapes...
I was agreeing with his sarcasm.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
There is a very long thread with over 200 pages in the political forum which is now closed, in case anyone wants to read more comments about this case on City-Data.

On it I posted about some of earlier 911 calls Zimmerman made to the police where he chased a shoplifter and followed a car at high speed because, per Zimmerman, the man was driving erratically. Is this normal behavior?

So we're getting mixed reports. Some indicate a kind, responsible neighbor and others show a very zealous cop wannabe who terrorized people.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:04 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
I was agreeing with his sarcasm.
Sorry about that...

Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
I've tried to stay out of this topic on here, on facebook, twitter, and every other social media place and forum..

I think it's very sad that this young man was murdered and really for no reason. I think, however, that it's absurd that for one, Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and that people all over America are having vigils, protests, and get togethers.

Why are people so interested in THIS case ? Is it because the media is painting racism all over it ? There are many murders in every city each year, black on white, black on black, old on young, young on old, mothers on their children, fathers on their children, kids on their parents, ect, ect...

Why is it only national news and why are there only protests and marches when it's white on black murder ?

There was a black mother that slit her 5 year olds throat in Magnolia, TX (Outside of Houston) saying that Jesus told her to do it. This wasn't national news. There's no protests, no vigils, Jesse Jackson isn't speaking about violence in the black communities over THAT. Why ?

Why is this such a problem in this country ? I'm not saying anyone's right or anyone's wrong, I'm just searching for the answer.

Anyone ?

Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Why are people so interested in THIS case ? Is it because the media is painting racism all over it ?
Why is it only national news and why are there only protests and marches when it's white on black murder ?
There's no protests, no vigils, Jesse Jackson isn't speaking about violence in the black communities over THAT. Why ?

Why is this such a problem in this country ? I'm not saying anyone's right or anyone's wrong, I'm just searching for the answer.

Anyone ?
Why?

Racism is an industry in this country. Certain people(Al, Jesse, ect) and groups(NBPP, NAACP, ect) make big money and have big influence by hollering racism.

To be sure, there is plenty of racism(against all races by all races), but some folks tend to cry wolf. As an example look at the Brawley case and the Duke lacross case.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:25 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post
Why?

Racism is an industry in this country. Certain people(Al, Jesse, ect) and groups(NBPP, NAACP, ect) make big money and have big influence by hollering racism.

To be sure, there is plenty of racism(against all races by all races), but some folks tend to cry wolf. As an example look at the Brawley case and the Duke lacross case.
So then it's all about money and publicity..

That's a damn shame. I have a lot of black family members, inlaws, and friends and they're being suckered by Al and Jesse thinking that they actually have their best interests at heart. The only time these two get involved is when it's white vs. black, If they'd get involved when it's black vs. black crime, maybe they'd actually make a difference.

My opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida