Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I wonder how the course of this discussion is going to go once the facts as to what happened
in the moments prior to the shooting. There are two sides to every argument. How about the story that Martin decked Zimmerman with a single punch to the face and then climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered. That is the account Zimmerman gave police and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses according to law enforcement.

ABC News reported that Martin was staying in Sanford at the time because he'd been suspended from Krop High School in Miami after being found with an empty bag of marijuana.

Too many questions to be answered and so far only one side of the story is in the media.

While I do not agree that Zimmerman had any right to detain the kid, he may have had the right to use force to protect himself. Perhaps that is why he was not arrested.

Love how everybody second guesses authority (the Sanford Police Chief) when all they have
is one side of the story.

Lets let a jury decide. Not a bunch of riled up hate mongerers
Great post, I agree 100%

Old 03-26-2012, 02:32 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,823 times
You both are sick! How dare you defend this murderer and make him out out to be the victim here! Someone's child is DEADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Great post, I agree 100%

Old 03-26-2012, 02:45 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Florida View Post
None of you people know the facts.

Zimmerman was attacked. So he stood his ground and defended himself from a 6 foot 3 inch monster of a kid.

Period.
Easily avoided if Zimmerman and his gun had stayed in his house.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:49 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Some new details. Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun - Yahoo!

I agree people really need to wait and hear all the facts before they come to a conclusion, because we only now a tiny bit of the story I bet. What I have found is there are usually three sides to a story, Martins side, Zimmermans side and the truth. Let's let the police do their job and find out what happened, before we assume something.
The 911 call proves Zimmerman pursued Martin. He was in the safety of his own car and went after the kid. Anything that happened after he decided to get out of his car with a loaded gun is his own doing. And what is the kid supposed to do? He was not armed. He was much smaller than Zimmerman. And Zimmerman was coming at him. Plus, how does the so called "aggressor" end up on the ground dead with his faced down? Shouldn't he be faced up? If Zimmerman was able to get him on the ground with his hands and face down then he wouldn't need to use deadly force.

And far as the cops doing their job they have proven at every turn in this case they either refuse to are incapable of doing their jobs. If they were doing their jobs the Feds would not be involved.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I don't know the details (and neither does anyone else) but I've heard that witnesses said they saw Trayvon Martin beating Zimmerman in the head and regardless of who "started it", if you feel your life is being threatened, you have the right to protect yourself.

I have no place on either side of the matter but I want the truth to come out and justice to be served either way.
There was ONE witness that the local Fox outlet dug up that said Trayvon was the aggressor. There are others who said differently.
You just answered your previous question of why this case has hit a nerve with so many people-"..regardless of who started it , if you feel your life is being threatened, you have the right to protect yourself "-even with lethal force. Think about how asinine that sounds-if you provoke a fight and start to lose, the law says you can kill your opponent, no questions asked. After all, dead men tell no tales,no? Is that the type of society you want to live in-who ever is left standing is the victim and regardless of the circumstances the dead is the criminal? If someone pulls a gun, the unarmed haven't a right to try to disarm him? That's madness.

The whole SYG law and the ease of getting a CCW is starting to stink like week old manure. I don't obsess or fret over being a victim of crime like so many do. What is starting to concern me though, is some spineless pipsqueak who's suddenly embolden with his new CCW and shiny Glock and is itchin' to try them both out. As long as there are no witnesses, he's off the hook for murder.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
The end result is someone's child is dead. The question is what brought it to that point. I doubt Mr. Zimmerman just walked up to him and went pow pow you're dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
You both are sick! How dare you defend this murderer and make him out out to be the victim here! Someone's child is DEADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:19 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
The 911 call proves Zimmerman pursued Martin. He was in the safety of his own car and went after the kid. Anything that happened after he decided to get out of his car with a loaded gun is his own doing. And what is the kid supposed to do? He was not armed. He was much smaller than Zimmerman. And Zimmerman was coming at him. Plus, how does the so called "aggressor" end up on the ground dead with his faced down? Shouldn't he be faced up? If Zimmerman was able to get him on the ground with his hands and face down then he wouldn't need to use deadly force.

And far as the cops doing their job they have proven at every turn in this case they either refuse to are incapable of doing their jobs. If they were doing their jobs the Feds would not be involved.
If you read the link I provided you will see that Martin (17, 6'3") was taller than Zimmerman by 5" actually and how he says he was attacked by Martin after he retreated back to his car and that is how he was on the ground. The Feds only got involved once the case turned to a possible race related case. The word that people are hearing in the tapes, I will tell you, I had never heard before. From what I have learned this is a very old term, so I would surprised if someone 28 would be using this term. If there was clear evidence this wasn't a race related case the Feds wouldn't be involved. So nothing to do with the Police doing their jobs or not.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:29 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
It's kind of funny to watch some people pick certain facts. They only point out the witness that saw Zimmerman getting beat up but not the ones that saw Martin getting beat. They point out Martin was shorter even though he weight around 60 pounds less. It probably who tells you who would be scared a a black kid in a sweatshirt if he was doing nothing and walking away from you.

The only thing you can go by in this are the 911 tapes. The ones where Zimmerman tells you "they always get away" and acknowledges going after him.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:55 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
How about the Police Report? Well here it is. Short version.

Trayvon Martin Police Report - ProPublica

Notes of importance.

Trayvon was found lying face down, his arms underneath him. I found that strange anyway.

Zimmerman required little aid, his nose was bleeding.

Various witnesses, with some more forthcoming.
Face down with arms underneath is really not any indication of anything.

The police report also noted that Zimmerman's back was wet as if he was laying on the ground, the back of his head and nose were bleeding.

Zimmerman stated he was the one calling for help but all along here it seems everyone was saying Martin was calling for help.

There is also a 13 year old witness that stated he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman beating him.

I am not making any judgement either way until I see all the evidence from both sides but it seems like some have been laying it on heavy on the one side. Especially those stating they heard a racial slur in the 911 call, you hear what you want to hear sometimes.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:09 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
I'm not defending a "murderer" I'm waiting for all of the facts to come out.

For what it's worth, peoples children are murdered EVERY day in this country, why don't they get the media attention that this "kid" gets ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida