U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 AM

7,016 posts, read 4,093,354 times
The anti-zimmerman crowd will quickly dismiss it as a fake, part of the whole cover up, a picture taken yesterday to be put out to cause confusion and distrust among all.

But what it really shows is why Zimmerman felt it necessary to pull a gun and then the trigger. He was being attacked. He could have suffered severe brain damage had the attack on him continued.

He used the force necessary to meet the force being inflicted upon him.
A couple of more bangs and he could have been dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Smoking gun? See the picture of GZ's head 3 minutes after shot was fired, taken by a neighbor on an iphone, with GPS and time and date stamp roving when it was taken:

Zimmerman | Bloody Head | Photo | The Daily Caller

Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM

12,411 posts, read 8,623,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
"Heard a young man screaming"? Did they say how old this young man was? Have you ever heard Trayvon talk? Does Zimmerman sound like an old man?

If he was going on errands and had his gun with him he is just to keep on going if he sees someone he thinks is acting suspicious? Seriously?

Where did you hear Trayvon ask, "who are you?", several times?

You are making stuff up now. Give it a rest and let the jury or judge decide.
The neighborhood watch is not supposed to engage people, but wait for the police. The police told him that he did not need to follow the kid and that a police car was on its way. Z not only followed the kid, but got out of the car, stopped him and did not even say he was part of the neighborhood watch. Tray kept asking 'Who are you?' and Z never answered. Tray thought he was being accosted and perhaps 'stood his ground', or perhaps he turned to go and was stopped by Z. At any rate Z stopped him and Z killed him.

On tv several times the phone call to the girl friend was replayed. On it Tray told the girl someone was following him in a car and it was creepy. When Z came up to Tray the phone was still live and you can clearly hear Tray asking 'who are you' with Z not answering.

Today we hear that Z was, prior to this, part of an anger management program.

Things look mighty bad for Z.
This is not a right wing/left wing issue. This is just a crime. We need a fair trial, nothing more or less.

There are lessons to be gotten from this, but I do not think one of them is not to wear hoodies. About a month ago my husband and I were walking through a town we used to live in and saw several people in hoodies, from pre school infants to people in their 60's or 70's. When someone mentions 'hoodie' to me, the first thing I think of is Ted Kazinsky, the Unibomber, not black kids. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:12 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,475,701 times
"police told him that he did not need to follow the kid and that a police car was on its way."

The police did not state anything to him, it was the 911 operator. A person is under no legal obligation to follow anything a 911 operator advises them to do.

"On tv several times the phone call to the girl friend was replayed."

There is a recording of the phone call? Please provide me the link.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:13 PM

989 posts, read 740,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
The anti-zimmerman crowd will quickly dismiss it as a fake, part of the whole cover up, a picture taken yesterday to be put out to cause confusion and distrust among all.

But what it really shows is why Zimmerman felt it necessary to pull a gun and then the trigger. He was being attacked. He could have suffered severe brain damage had the attack on him continued.

He used the force necessary to meet the force being inflicted upon him.
A couple of more bangs and he could have been dead.
Then why did the prosecutor indict him for 2nd degree murder if this clearly proves the self-defense theory ? Clearly, there is more to the story than we know ...

Old 04-20-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
"police told him that he did not need to follow the kid and that a police car was on its way."

The police did not state anything to him, it was the 911 operator. A person is under no legal obligation to follow anything a 911 operator advises them to do.

"On tv several times the phone call to the girl friend was replayed."

There is a recording of the phone call? Please provide me the link.
My husband and I heard the recording of the call to the girlfriend on the tv. I am under no obligation to go hunting around the internet to see if there is a copy for you to hear. Obviously, you choose not to believe me, but it does exist and will come up in the trial, I am sure.

We listen mostly to CNN and MSNBC, which you probably do not.

I am not trying to force the facts in order to make Zimmerman appear to be in a bad place. I just hear the facts and it sort of places him in a bad position. This is the problem with citizen patrols and it is why the police always tell the citizens NOT to engage anyone. Things can escalate out of control very quickly and police generally know the approach to take in these situations. They are trained to do that. It is a pity that Trayvon did not call his dad out of the house. He was very close, just yards away and the father would have opened the door and called out to his son which would have dissuaded Zimmerman from pursuing the situation further.

It's also a shame that Zimmerman had already been ordered to go anger management classes for assaulting an undercover cop. So there is obviously a history of using fists before brain here.

In court Zimmerman said he had thought that Trayvon was just a little younger than himself. This contradicts what he said on the night of the murder when he said on the phone to the police that the kid appeared as though he was in his late teens. The man does not help himself by lying to the court, does he?

Old 04-20-2012, 02:06 PM

7,016 posts, read 4,093,354 times
Where does it say Zimmerman engaged anyone? He was attacked and knocked to the ground.

The police never told him squat. A civilian phone answerer at 911 of the Sanford PD told him he didnt need to follow the suspect.

How do you know who said what in the situation you describe? Were you there? Do you have a transcript? What are your basing your nonsense on?

Yeah, maybe Trayvon was standing his ground. Unfortunately he was overpowered and lost.

Crime? The only crime committed here was by the assailant, Mr. Martin, who attacked Mr. Zimmerman who was in the process of performing surveillance on a suspect individual.

The whole charging him with a crime fiasco is simply to pacify the outrageous anti zimmerman crowd.

Think of it: If you were in Zimmerman's situation, what would you do?
Get beat to death or get someone off you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
The neighborhood watch is not supposed to engage people, but wait for the police. The police told him that he did not need to follow the kid and that a police car was on its way. Z not only followed the kid, but got out of the car, stopped him and did not even say he was part of the neighborhood watch. Tray kept asking 'Who are you?' and Z never answered. Tray thought he was being accosted and perhaps 'stood his ground', or perhaps he turned to go and was stopped by Z. At any rate Z stopped him and Z killed him.

On tv several times the phone call to the girl friend was replayed. On it Tray told the girl someone was following him in a car and it was creepy. When Z came up to Tray the phone was still live and you can clearly hear Tray asking 'who are you' with Z not answering.

This is not a right wing/left wing issue. This is just a crime. We need a fair trial, nothing more or less.

There are lessons to be gotten from this, but I do not think one of them is not to wear hoodies. About a month ago my husband and I were walking through a town we used to live in and saw several people in hoodies, from pre school infants to people in their 60's or 70's. When someone mentions 'hoodie' to me, the first thing I think of is Ted Kazinsky, the Unibomber, not black kids. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,475,701 times
"My husband and I heard the recording of the call to the girlfriend on the tv. I am under no obligation to go hunting around the internet to see if there is a copy for you to hear. Obviously, you choose not to believe me, but it does exist and will come up in the trial, I am sure."

There is no recording of the conversation between Martin and his GF. What, you think people record their phone calls all of the time? The only evidence of this phone call is from the GF and the phone records showing the time of the call. So again, there is no recording, if there is, please show me a link to the recording.

"We listen mostly to CNN and MSNBC, which you probably do not."

You are right, I do not listen, but I read. I actually read a list of news outlets that are located throughout the world (CNN and MSNBC included). But I guess you choose to narrow your own choices down, that inhibits your from obtianing a non-biased view poitn if you are getting your information from a select few sources.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Where does it say Zimmerman engaged anyone? He was attacked and knocked to the ground.

The police never told him squat. A civilian phone answerer at 911 of the Sanford PD told him he didnt need to follow the suspect.

How do you know who said what in the situation you describe? Were you there? Do you have a transcript? What are your basing your nonsense on?

Yeah, maybe Trayvon was standing his ground. Unfortunately he was overpowered and lost.

Crime? The only crime committed here was by the assailant, Mr. Martin, who attacked Mr. Zimmerman who was in the process of performing surveillance on a suspect individual.

The whole charging him with a crime fiasco is simply to pacify the outrageous anti zimmerman crowd.

Think of it: If you were in Zimmerman's situation, what would you do?
Get beat to death or get someone off you?
If I were in Zimmerman's shoes I would have notified the police and asked them to send a car down. I would have followed the suspect in my car as far as I could and waited in the car for the police. I maybe would travel around with a camera instead of a gun so I could get a good pic of the suspect.

That's it.

I would not have gotten out of the car, especially when advised not to. I would avoid an incident because my anger management class would have told me to stay out of possibly incendiary situations.

Really. He did not even tell Trayvon that he was neighborhood watch. Trayvon HAD to believe he was being accosted.

A kid walking home alone and minding his own business in the early evening should be allowed to go along his way.

Trayvon did not approach Z, Z approached him and did NOT identify himself. I don't believe any more needs be said.

Z should never have gotten out of the car. Again it is neighborhood WATCH not neighborhood (whatever it is you wish to call Z's actions).

Old 04-20-2012, 06:08 PM

8,289 posts, read 6,642,501 times
Quote:
My husband and I heard the recording of the call to the girlfriend on the tv. I am under no obligation to go hunting around the internet to see if there is a copy for you to hear. Obviously, you choose not to believe me, but it does exist and will come up in the trial, I am sure.

We listen mostly to CNN and MSNBC, which you probably do not.

I am not trying to force the facts in order to make Zimmerman appear to be in a bad place. I just hear the facts and it sort of places him in a bad position. This is the problem with citizen patrols and it is why the police always tell the citizens NOT to engage anyone. Things can escalate out of control very quickly and police generally know the approach to take in these situations. They are trained to do that. It is a pity that Trayvon did not call his dad out of the house. He was very close, just yards away and the father would have opened the door and called out to his son which would have dissuaded Zimmerman from pursuing the situation further.

It's also a shame that Zimmerman had already been ordered to go anger management classes for assaulting an undercover cop. So there is obviously a history of using fists before brain here.

In court Zimmerman said he had thought that Trayvon was just a little younger than himself. This contradicts what he said on the night of the murder when he said on the phone to the police that the kid appeared as though he was in his late teens. The man does not help himself by lying to the court, does he?
Facts seem to elude people and we all know what happen to this 17 year old! He was murdered at the hands of Zimmermann and you and I well know that!His parents are well connected in the Judicial field and have money!
If Zimmermann was black and Trayvon was white we wouldn't be even be having this discussion since Zimmermann would be in jail.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:16 PM

8,490 posts, read 10,396,266 times
Quote:

Quote:
Please provide a link to the conversation that you say was played on TV. I have not heard it and I am curious how they would have had it recorded since it was a cell phone conversation not a 911 call. I asked you to provide proof before but you seem unable to come up with it.

And where is the proof that Zman accosted Trayvon? Following is not accosting.

Quote:
Once again, this is something I missed. I am not saying it is not true but I have not seen it anywhere. It really does not mean all that much though.

Quote:
A fail trial is what is needed but spreading untruths is not.

Quote:
Who has said that there is an issue with hoodies? I have seen people in hoodies and I have seen people shot. None of that has anything to do with this case.
fillafortheb****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida