Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 PM

7,112 posts, read 8,595,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Why label Z a "killer" in the first place?
Ummmm because he killed someone?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,010,445 times
The forensics of the bullet wound, the gun powder residue on both M and Z, and other factors will answer the question as to whom was where when the shot was fired. Close and fighting vs. being on the ground having your head slammed are very different.

You are assuming he approached M with the gun in hand and that is not what the known facts are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
We know who was following whom.

I don't know that T was beating Z, but if they were close and fighting and Z took out his gun, you betcha T would have been fighting for his life.

If someone were following me and took out a gun and I was close enough to know running was out of the question, I think I would be fighting, too.

What other choice do I have? Stopping and putting my hands up to a guy who was following me with a gun? Praying that he meant me well? I think not.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 PM

He used deadly force to stop an attack on himself.

Ummm because its the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Ummmm because he killed someone?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM

First of all, I am suspicious of any person(s) I do not recognize in my neighborhood.

Unemployment is high because it is a 3rd ring suburban area of residences. It is not a business center. Low education levels? Show me the statistics you rely on. Low income? Its mostly still retirees. However, it is a great place to live!

Yes, you are right, Hernando County as a whole is mostly white. 80 something percent I think it is. Doesn't make me feel safe at all.
No place on earth is safe.

You make a lot of assumptions based on information you do not have, such as how I feel or how I think.

Stick to the topic, not the posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
It seems based on his posts he is going to be suspicious of any black teen in a hood. The irony in this is he lives in a town with high unemployment and low education/income levels compared to the averages of Florida. He probably feels save because SH is mostly white.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 PM

Z was not committing any crimes either, but he was still getting his head smashed against the ground and was punched in the face. Z never committed any crime. He was in the full rights of the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
It seems based on his posts he is going to be suspicious of any black teen in a hood. The irony in this is he lives in a town with high unemployment and low education/income levels compared to the averages of Florida. He probably feels save because SH is mostly white.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 PM

7,112 posts, read 8,595,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
He used deadly force to stop an attack on himself.

Ummm because its the law.
He killed someone...he may or may not have committed murder(the jury will decide)...but he 100% killed Trayvon Martin!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,542,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
We know who was following whom.

I don't know that T was beating Z, but if they were close and fighting and Z took out his gun, you betcha T would have been fighting for his life.

If someone were following me and took out a gun and I was close enough to know running was out of the question, I think I would be fighting, too.

What other choice do I have? Stopping and putting my hands up to a guy who was following me with a gun? Praying that he meant me well? I think not.
The question would be, who attacked who. I don't think there are any reports of Zman just following Tvon and then pulling a gun on him.

Nor have there been any reports of him showing his gun prior to when they were in the midst of the fight which would neutralize your scenarios of Tvon fighting for his life because he saw a gun.

You are throwing things out that from what has been reported are not close to reality. Why bother with unrealistic whahappinifs?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,542,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
He killed someone...he may or may not have committed murder(the jury will decide)...but he 100% killed Trayvon Martin!
Sometimes to preserve one life another must be taken. If I am in a kill or be killed scenario then I am doing my best to make sure I am the one going home that night.

How many times have you had to identify the body of a friend, who had been murdered, at the morgue? I have a couple of times, one of those times happened to be in Sanford. Some areas you have to watch your back more, Sanford being one, and if that includes carrying then you use it if you need to protect yourself. It doesn't matter if you started following someone first because they looked suspicious to you.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,050,152 times
Thread is closed. There are multiple threads in P&OC where you can discuss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida