Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,495,320 times

Advertisements

Trayvon Martin Case Moves To State Attorney's Office - Home Test News Story - WESH Orlando

Seems a bit questionable.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:58 AM

26,974 posts, read 43,502,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
In what sense does it seem questionable?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,307,867 times
A crime was committed but it remains to be seen what he is charged with. If he had any suspicions a crime was committed (although I can't see why, other than a young black male walking down the street) than he initially did the right thing by calling 911. HIS PARTICIPATION SHOULD HAVE ENDED THERE! There is absolutely no reason he needed to confront the kid after law enforcement was already called and he was told by the 911 operator not to approach the child. Self defense is defending yourself when you have no other option, approaching someone to provoke a situation and than claiming self defense is not self defense. This guy just forgot he's a crimestop volunteer and wanted to be a real cop! Leave it to the trained professionals buddy, this is why they get paid and you don't. Whether this fits into murder or not, he killed this kid without cause.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,923,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
A crime was committed but it remains to be seen what he is charged with. If he had any suspicions a crime was committed (although I can't see why, other than a young black male walking down the street) than he initially did the right thing by calling 911. HIS PARTICIPATION SHOULD HAVE ENDED THERE! There is absolutely no reason he needed to confront the kid after law enforcement was already called and he was told by the 911 operator not to approach the child. Self defense is defending yourself when you have no other option, approaching someone to provoke a situation and than claiming self defense is not self defense. This guy just forgot he's a crimestop volunteer and wanted to be a real cop! Leave it to the trained professionals buddy, this is why they get paid and you don't. Whether this fits into murder or not, he killed this kid without cause.
Yup, I totally agree. Unless the kid started threatening the older gentleman as he was fleeing to wait for the cops he just called, I think this man has blood 100% all over his hands.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,328,662 times
It's a murder. Probably second degree or manslaughter based on unknown circumstances... but who knows. However, you do not bring a gun to a fist fight... ESPECIALLY when you START the fight.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:44 PM

Somehow the Sanford Police Department was unable to uncover any credible evidence and has turned the case over to the State Attorney's office.....All I can say is, racist much? We all know pretty much anywhere else outside of the "Deep South way of thinking" would have resulted in some kind of charged filed against Zimmerman while awaiting trial.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:51 PM

18 posts, read 38,289 times
Default Orlando vs Florida<<<<HELP PLEASE>>

I have previously posted an area in Orlando for an apartment at Hidden Creek. But I also want to know of any surrounding areas in Tampa/St.Peterburg area. Single african american mother of two 5 and 16 years of age, I'm a remote employee but need a safe area with great schools. Price is important I'm looking to rent don't want to go over $1000.00 a month. Which area is best recommended, I do want to date so I don't want to be in a retirement community. I need to move within the next few months and want to come down but I need to know what areas to stay away from....

Any info is helpful......THANKS

Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 PM

18 posts, read 38,289 times
Default Sorry didn't mean to post this here

Sorry didn't mean to post this here....

Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,053,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Somehow the Sanford Police Department was unable to uncover any credible evidence and has turned the case over to the State Attorney's office.....All I can say is, racist much? We all know pretty much anywhere else outside of the "Deep South way of thinking" would have resulted in some kind of charged filed against Zimmerman while awaiting trial.
One could also say that there are some areas outside of the deep south where a person in Zimmerman's situation could be framed and hung. I am not defending Zimmerman in any way, but when people start claiming Racism, without any evidence, I start questioning those people's own motivations.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
One could also say that there are some areas outside of the deep south where a person in Zimmerman's situation could be framed and hung. I am not defending Zimmerman in any way, but when people start claiming Racism, without any evidence, I start questioning those people's own motivations.
I would love to hear of some other motivation theories beyond racism. Perhaps a fear of hoodies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida