Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
He was here for 48 years, it seems to me that is someone that likes where they lived otherwise they could have found a way to move over the span of 48 years.
Maybe just wants to be buried where he was born or grew up as a kid.
Perhaps he had very good memories of growing up, and wants to be buried with his parents? Families need to talk about these things, especially when your relative is in his 80s. Their wishes should not come as a surprise after they pass. My own Mom made all her own arrangements before she went into the hospital, went to see an attorney, made a Living Will, me her Health Proxy, etc. There were no surprises and all her wishes were carried out.

Something like what happened our friend should not happen and my point in posting this. Trying to honor his last wishes, especially in this case, after he had passed is going to be very difficult. It could have been arranged much easier if it had been known in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 AM

73 posts, read 175,704 times
What a dead person wants...

Sorry, I outrank you. Cremate -> dumpster.

(I kid, I kid)

Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM

5,014 posts, read 7,219,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Perhaps he had very good memories of growing up, and wants to be buried with his parents? Families need to talk about these things, especially when your relative is in his 80s. Their wishes should not come as a surprise after they pass. My own Mom made all her own arrangements before she went into the hospital, went to see an attorney, made a Living Will, me her Health Proxy, etc. There were no surprises and all her wishes were carried out.

Something like what happened our friend should not happen and my point in posting this. Trying to honor his last wishes, especially in this case, after he had passed is going to be very difficult. It could have been arranged much easier if it had been known in advance.
I stated in my will that it's my desire to be buried where I was born. My kids said they'd be honored to follow my wishes.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

That was my point but you felt the need to make the thread title "Don't bury me in Florida" in bold to make it seem as if he hated it here even though he stayed over 40 years.
It's all well and good to try and see to his wishes, when you make the thread about your hate of Florida it then it somewhat diminishes from what the actual point should have been as you now state, that it is best to let family know your final wishes ahead of time.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Last time I walked through the cemetery, I didn't hear a peep of complaint about who was buried next to whom, or the weather, or about getting buried in the wrong town or state.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
He was here for 48 years, it seems to me that is someone that likes where they lived otherwise they could have found a way to move over the span of 48 years.
Maybe just wants to be buried where he was born or grew up as a kid.
Cremation is not burial...it's disposal......The old man - corpse in tact..should be put to rest where he belongs..and he never belonged in Florida..

Old 04-05-2012, 03:52 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Cremation is not burial...it's disposal......The old man - corpse in tact..should be put to rest where he belongs..and he never belonged in Florida..
Let's see.
I never mentioned cremation.
I never opined on where he should be buried just why he may want to be buried in NY.
He was also in Florida for 40 something years which would be a decent indicator he was probably happy living here.

Please explain why you would choose my post to respond to since your post doesn't seem to be in response to what I said.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
Put it this way I told my mom that if she is burried in the Royal Palm Cemetary in St. Petersburg that I won't be coming to her funeral, I'm not stepping foot in that cemetery again. It sucked up my grandparents, then my parents come next, and then I guess it's my turn. Maybe we can have one big tombstone for the entire family that reads "The St. Pete Loser club"

Old 04-05-2012, 03:45 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Why do people spend so much time in a place they hate. I suggest you look inside and find the source of the problem.
Yeah. I thought this would be a post about honoring a persons last wishes and hopefully not another bash Florida thread.....oh well.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Yeah. I thought this would be a post about honoring a persons last wishes and hopefully not another bash Florida thread.....oh well.
Any thread she starts is a bashing Florida thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida