Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 08:53 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,016,080 times

Advertisements

Ready for my response that will be considered cynical and unhelpful by some...

The Navy.

(Not in FL often.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,480,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
That's bad advice.

North Carolina also taxes the **** out of you, you have to pay personal state income tax and intangibles tax on your vehicle, neither of which you have to do here, also salaries are no better than here. I did the math a couple years ago when I had a job offer in Winston Salem and it was an absolute wash.

Raleigh also has lots of companies that use almost nothing but college grads, grad students and interns and pay is very low.

A few companies like Cisco have a large presence but you have to really watch out, because a lot of them keep salaries low due to what i mentioned, they churn and churn and churn interns and college grads and dump them when they have to start paying more.
Per usual you just make things up. Any salary/employment data will show Raleigh is much better off than Tampa and most Florida cities.

RDU are is one of the most educated places in the US.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The NC quality of life is a few times better with more to show for it than here in FL. It depends on what one wants out of where they're living. Many don't mind shelling out tax money to live someplace with more going on than warm weather and strip centers/suburbs.
I agree. Raleigh offers a much better quality of life than any larger Florida city. The main difference is how they get your tax money. In NC it's via payroll while in FL it's with high property tax.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 PM

367 posts, read 935,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
I agree. Raleigh offers a much better quality of life than any larger Florida city. The main difference is how they get your tax money. In NC it's via payroll while in FL it's with high property tax.
But if Raleigh is smaller than Charlotte and I found Charlotte to be country and kinda boring....that scares me. Even Orlando is too boring for me. And let me guess Orlando has more things poppin' than Raleigh right?

Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootzdread View Post
But if Raleigh is smaller than Charlotte and I found Charlotte to be country and kinda boring....that scares me. Even Orlando is too boring for me. And let me guess Orlando has more things poppin' than Raleigh right?
Probably should. Raleigh/Durham/CH is really ideal for families and those that enjoy living around universities.

If you think Orlando and Charlotte are boring then Raleigh isn't for you.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 PM

367 posts, read 935,200 times
Quote:
Probably should. Raleigh/Durham/CH is really ideal for families and those that enjoy living around universities.

If you think Orlando and Charlotte are boring then Raleigh isn't for you.
It's ok I'm getting older and getting my grays in plus I have a youngin' so why not? What matters most right now is having a nice home and career. I'll save fun for the vacays.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Per usual you just make things up. Any salary/employment data will show Raleigh is much better off than Tampa and most Florida cities.

RDU are is one of the most educated places in the US.
Raleigh and surrounding areas have more cross burnings and intolerance than Tampa, so much for your quality of life argument.

If I was to live in NC, it sure as **** wouldnt be the RTP. The middle of the state right up and down I85 sucks.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:20 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,175,392 times
Quote:
THATS A HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE STATEMENT.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:02 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,215,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
THATS A HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE STATEMENT.
Yep. Didn't learn from Kyle obviously

Old 05-16-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Raleigh and surrounding areas have more cross burnings and intolerance than Tampa, so much for your quality of life argument.

If I was to live in NC, it sure as **** wouldnt be the RTP. The middle of the state right up and down I85 sucks.
You are just making things up again. What towns are these you speak of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida