Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,707 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am having trouble finding a good place to move in florida. I am currently in tennessee pursuing a criminal justice degree and am dying to get out of tennessee once i graduate. i am very passionate about scuba diving and i would like a city that is within reasonable driving distance to dive sites. Another big thing is i am looking for a city with plenty of singles becouse i would like to meet a wonderful girl. thank you for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 02:52 AM

14 posts, read 99,486 times
Hello,

You should consider West Palm Beach.... I just visited there and it is gorgeous there and I'm a straight woman but I'd say the women and people there are beautiful. There's sky blue water to do your scuba thing and with crime being an issue here in FL, you could easily do your career there

Check it out!

-Setsunna

Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
St. Petersburg!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:31 AM

364 posts, read 1,112,168 times
Just curious why are you so eager to get out when a lot of Floridians are eager to get in?

Old 09-20-2007, 07:32 AM

131 posts, read 184,061 times
Destin, Fl !!!!!!! The Emerald Coast is for divers!!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 PM

445 posts, read 1,682,554 times
Default he doesnt live here, he doesnt know any better yet!

Let's check the boards in three more years and we will find him mulling around elsewhere!

Live close enough that you can drive to the Keys if you love to Scuba. Or maybe around lighthouse point and some other areas further north.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:47 PM

445 posts, read 1,682,554 times
Default beautiful women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsunna View Post
Hello,

You should consider West Palm Beach.... I just visited there and it is gorgeous there and I'm a straight woman but I'd say the women and people there are beautiful. There's sky blue water to do your scuba thing and with crime being an issue here in FL, you could easily do your career there

Check it out!

-Setsunna

We have an abundance of plastic surgeons in that area

Old 09-20-2007, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 63,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog10 View Post
Hi, I am having trouble finding a good place to move in florida. I am currently in tennessee pursuing a criminal justice degree and am dying to get out of tennessee once i graduate. i am very passionate about scuba diving and i would like a city that is within reasonable driving distance to dive sites. Another big thing is i am looking for a city with plenty of singles becouse i would like to meet a wonderful girl. thank you for your suggestions.

When you say "singles", do you mean 65 and up. Because if your young you better not come to SW FL, it's a giant retirement center.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,725 times
West Palm has the best diving in the state. I think it's better than most of the Carribean. It is also within easy drive time of Stuart, and Jupiter, which are completely different dives. Stuart has a lot of wrecks, including some torpedoed by U-boats. The fish there are more northern. Jupiter has ledges and lots of neat fish, turtles and sharks.

Palm Beach has reefs only 1/2 mile off shore. The Gulf Stream comes the closest there to any place in North America. Huge schools of tropicals. Just fantastic.

Also, you can drive in just a couple of hours to Key Largo, which is nice once in a while.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 PM

6 posts, read 22,300 times
Divers LOVE North Florida... We have natural Springs all over with cave diving in some. You should check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida