U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR82BAGATOR View Post
This is all correct! I live 2 towns over (Levy County) and my children participate in the livestock show there every year. It is pretty, it is rural, it is run by the "old south" and I love it but I am a native. Just remember where you are and come down to make friends not to change things and you'll be fine! Oh and stay out of Cross City if you can, Dixie county is the butt of all the jokes around here....we say it out of love but no more "redneck" can you get in these parts! Florida is NOT developed like CA we still have A LOT of rural parts....oh and insurance will be expensive! Good Luck! Where are you from?
Fanning Springs, Florida is in both Gilchrist County and Levy County. People who do not know should do a google search. Don't believe everything you read on a blog.
Old families and new families are learning to live together and for the most part do. Rednecks exist in every state and county I have lived in. I have lived in Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Florida where there are rednecks. Lol. Some are good and some are bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRunners View Post
Hello,
Chiefland and Cross City, (plus other places) are on the same highway as Fanning, only 10 min. drive away. If you are in need of emergency medical 911 has a great system and a heliport. The helicoptor picks you up in an instant and takes you to Gainsville hospital or Shands. I live in Georgia but have a place on the Suwannee since 2001. I live almost right at Valdosta. We can get all the things at Fanning Springs, Dixie County, Chiefland, etc. that we get in Valdosta. And Hitchcocks Grocery is a chain, also Super Walmart. Also coolest store in Fanning Springs that beats Valdosta, Thomasville or anywhere around us. Also beats some of the stores I have seen in many of my travels. ( look it up--The Point of View). Also all the cool stuff and people you meet on the river. A new adventure every day. Where I live now, the cost of living is incredibly high. 600.00 per month just for utilities and our taxes keep going UP while our home values go down. Now in the Fanning Springs Area, our taxes have decrease in half since we have been there and the utilities are reasonable and done correctly. Although I like where I l am now the cost is killing us. The Fanning Springs area is much more reasonable all the way around plus much prettier. [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/www.suwanneeriverriding.com"]www.SuwanneeRiverRiding.com[/URL]
WaveRunners is so correct. More and more businesses are coming to this area. There is plenty of doctors and medical care within 7-15 miles in Chiefland, Old Town, Trenton,and Cross City. We have doctors coming from Gainesville to practice specialties a few days a week. But the area also has county transit for those not desiring to drive to Gainesville for treatments or care. The helicopter from both North Florida and Shands pick up patients at the fairgrounds at least once a week we know because we hear and see them.
Anyone looking to retire or live in a quiet laid back country setting you should move to Fanning Springs, Florida. Land is cheap and taxes are low.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:03 PM

4 posts, read 398 times
One more thing. There is not dumpsters for trash collection, that again is in Dixie County. Fanning Springs has a couple of garbage pick-up businesses. Pro Waste and a local man hauling residents trash cheaply.
City water and the city sewer is in the process of installing to all homes. The college is building and opening soon just south of the Fanning Springs as well.

Last edited by Grandma4gd; 10-08-2014 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Spelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida