U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 PM

34 posts, read 25,389 times

Advertisements

The thing that I am personally liking less about Florida is that the way people move around here so fast anymore. It's like I had 5 friends move away this past year. I almost want to settle in an area where people don't flock every 6 months. It's like you work hard to make friends here and then "I'm moving to Ft. Lauderdale" "We're moving to Georgia," and "We're leaving for Jacksonville." And even if someone is still in the state, if they aren't in your section of the state you basically don't get to see them (it's almost like they are in another state). Anyone else notice how fast people move around in Florida now???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2006, 05:03 AM

11 posts, read 40,117 times
yes, I have. And I am one of them. I think it is hard to find the right place. We moved to fort myers because we had a boat stored here and it was easy and we found ahouse with deep water and a really low price. then prices went up and we sold to make money and now are doing it again. this time we are thinking about a community for easy way to meet people. And as boat is gone we are thinking about further north in florida.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:31 PM

269 posts, read 964,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherfordfan View Post
The thing that I am personally liking less about Florida is that the way people move around here so fast anymore. It's like I had 5 friends move away this past year. I almost want to settle in an area where people don't flock every 6 months.
Maybe it's you??? j/k

Old 10-05-2006, 03:48 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,264,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherfordfan View Post
The thing that I am personally liking less about Florida is that the way people move around here so fast anymore. It's like I had 5 friends move away this past year. I almost want to settle in an area where people don't flock every 6 months. It's like you work hard to make friends here and then "I'm moving to Ft. Lauderdale" "We're moving to Georgia," and "We're leaving for Jacksonville." And even if someone is still in the state, if they aren't in your section of the state you basically don't get to see them (it's almost like they are in another state). Anyone else notice how fast people move around in Florida now???
Your concern can be a symptom of our never ending transformation of our towns/cities. Wages, entertainment, housing cost, crime, schools, etc. does influence individuals to make changes and look someplace else for the dream place. If you see a great number of friends leaving ask “WHY?” and their answer might get you to do the same.

If you asked and got an answer, let us know. We in turn can keep an eye open. Many friends relocate to an area because of another friend and finds out that the area does not fit the need and after a short term they relocate to satisfy their personal or family needs. Social factors will also influence, age, single vs. married, employment opportunities, etc can influence the relocation…

Old 10-05-2006, 03:59 PM

22,554 posts, read 47,363,062 times
Default We had to...

We moved from Fort Myers because we were middle-class renters. We would have starved to death...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or