U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM

129 posts, read 461,679 times

Advertisements

A buddy and I plan on heading down to Florida for a few days at the end of this month, planning on Heading down Thursday morning June 28th and heading back Sunday July 1st. Can anyone recommend one over the other, don't plan on going clubbing or anything, just wanna drink some brews on the beach and head to some laid back bars at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 PM

21,207 posts, read 30,420,192 times
Are you specific to those cities for a reason? If you're looking for a more laidback beach experience I'd recommend St Pete Beach/Treasure Island/Madeira Beach on the west coast. The area has more of a beach bar/tiki bar culture than South Florida which tends to be more upscale and "nightclubbish". Nonstop flights are pretty readily available into Tampa International which is 30-40 minutes away.

http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com...es/beach-towns

http://johnspass.com/

Yelp | Search Businesses In St Pete Beach

Old 06-11-2012, 06:15 PM

129 posts, read 461,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Are you specific to those cities for a reason? If you're looking for a more laidback beach experience I'd recommend St Pete Beach/Treasure Island/Madeira Beach on the west coast. The area has more of a beach bar/tiki bar culture than South Florida which tends to be more upscale and "nightclubbish". Nonstop flights are pretty readily available into Tampa International which is 30-40 minutes away.

Florida Beach Towns and Attractions | St Petersburg Clearwater, FL Beach Vacations

Johnspass

Yelp | Search Businesses In St Pete Beach
Thanks for the info! That will work perfect. I didn't have any specific reason for those two, but looks like st pete's will be a much better option.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:49 AM

21,207 posts, read 30,420,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackC1027 View Post
Thanks for the info! That will work perfect. I didn't have any specific reason for those two, but looks like st pete's will be a much better option.
Your welcome, have a great time! It's a beautiful area (St Pete Beach/Treasure Island) and think you'll be happy you made the choice.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:04 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,950,251 times
Yeah, if you're looking for laid back beach atmosphere, you should hit the Gulf beaches. St. Pete Beach in particular. Clearwater Beach has the best sand this side of Siesta Key imo but it's likely to be filled with tourists.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:02 PM

326 posts, read 829,186 times
I'm a big Hollywood Beach cheerleader if you're still considering the Ft Lauderdale area. Lots of laid back beach bars here.
Hollywood Florida Beach Vacations Planner -- Your Florida Vacation destination

Also, I see you're from the Chicago area. There's a former Bull player (hint, lots of piercings and tattoos and general oddness about his person) who hangs out on Hollywood Beach quite a bit. My husband, who is from Chicago, gets a kick out of seeing him just hanging out.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:12 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,859,376 times
You can't go wrong on either coast, but I would recommend Palm Beach County. Starting in Jupiter you could go to the Square Grouper, it's near the beach on Jupiter Inlet, they have live bands.

Square Grouper Tiki Bar at Castaways Marina - Jupiter, FL

Head down south to downtwon West Palm Beach, plenty of bars and restaurants off of Clematis Street. Then also you could go to Delray Beach, lot's of places there and very active. Boston's is a decent place to go.

Boston's on the Beach | Food, Fun, Live Music!

If you planned it right you could span out Palm Beach and Broward over the couple of days. Las Olas is nice in Fort Lauderdale, but Hollywood would probably be the scene.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:35 PM

140 posts, read 337,938 times
Ft. Lauderdale/Hollwood beaches ... got to send some time at the Elbo beach bar in Ft. Lauderdale, one of the last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or